[Grades] Grades vs. Blazers, 11/17 Version

Kingster

Hall of Famer
One game with effort after three games of puke isn't good enough. This team has been good for about one "effort game" out of five. They played with effort against Portland, and now we're supposed to be thankful?:rolleyes: I want to see a string of consecutive "effort games", starting with this back to back. It's one thing to do the right thing after getting reamed by mommy and daddy. It's another thing to do the right thing when not getting the **** beat out you, because you are in fact mature enough to do the right thing without adult supervision. Let's see how they play over the next four games. If they play with effort (not to say win) over the next four games, then I'll have some hope that the collective maturity and professionalism of this team is on the rise.

Willie and Koufos works for this team because we arent gonna out gun teams so we might as well try and play suffocating defense. Willie and Koufos are long and mobile and allow our perimeter guys to hound the ball more with those two behind them.
I'd just like to add that despite the hairline, Koufos is only 28 and has a solid 4-5 years of prime left, especially playing at his position and style. He's probably actually still getting better/craftier. I think he can be a long term piece.

Then how come he can't make an open shot?
This remark is in reference to Mason.
Koufus gets more out of his ability than anyone on the team. He is the mentally toughest player we have by far.

Last edited:
Kosta Koufos leads the team with a .550 FG%. Name me a player that shoots 100% please.

Koufos shot nearly 60% for Karl in Denver and then 50% for Joerger the next 2 years in Memphis. He also took more shots per game in Memphis under Joerger's system. Karl used Koufos as well as any coach ever has. He started 81 games the year they won 57. Non skilled big men shouldn't be out there doing things non skilled big men can't do and hopefully Joerger is starting to realize that. Koufos is going to miss some chippies. He only shoots in the paint and I don't know of any player that never misses so there's going to be misses out there. If he finishes the year with a .550 FG% and solid defense, then that's exactly what he was brought in here for.

Koufos was 5-7 from the field last night. 7 reb, 4ast, 3stl and 1blk. The dude was awesome out there. There are like 8,000 other things we could be worrying about than the couple misses Koufos has per night.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It's been fairly common for Lillard and or McCollum to just kill us. Those guys did not go nuclear on us and worked hard for everything they got.
Yeah, some of those three's McCollum hit were highly contested, two of them over the outstretched hands of Willie. Not sure what else you could do other than tackle them. Kudo's to McCollum for hitting tough shots.