• Barnes

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joerger

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been kicked off this forum for calling Cousins a punk. Now I am becoming one of his biggest fans. Nobody else can do what he does. He has learned to smile in the face of adversity. He is not arguing with the refs. That took a lot of effort. He still is showing that temper. I just hope he doesn't knock somebody's tooth out or break their cheek bone with his flailing hands.

You can build a team around him. All the other parts are expendable.

S

sactownfan

okay, 26 minutes....sorry. Having said that, what's his average minutes played a game been the last 5 seasons? Wanna take a look?
another thing... he's actually suffered some injuries during his career... crazy right???

In fact while just being here he's had a rib injury and a leg injury.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
And EVERY YEAR HE KEEPS GETTING YOUNGER!!!! Speaking of numbers that don't matter age is now irrelevant ! Not to mention One of the reasons he had to play so many minutes last year is that he was on a completely decimated awful team they almost didn't make the playoffs.

He was literally dying down the stretch his statistics fell through the floor the last half or a quarter of the season apparently you don't follow basketball
So he is playing 25.7 minutes here because the team is so great? Tell me, how many minutes would you play him?

His stats from last years shows him shooting 38% from the field and 32% from three...where as in this season he is shooting the same clip at this point in the season at 38% from the field and his three point percentage has dipped to 31%....not that big of a drop off

S

sactownfan

Calling me a clown when you can't even decipher minute distribution tells me all I need to know about you mate.
For real this clown act u decided to start today is a joke...

U brought up Barnes last 5 years??? Well Kobe was still leading the league at about 27 its per game 4 and 5 years ago...

That's a really good point ur bring up... keep Enlightening us with these awesome points

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

U brought up Barnes last 5 years??? Well Kobe was still leading the league at about 27 its per game 4 and 5 years ago...

That's a really good point ur bring up... keep Enlightening us with these awesome points
You make so much sense when you talk, look at you...can't even have a civil conversation without name calling and attacking a poster. Hard to fathom the fact that you're wrong huh?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Knock it off.

S

sactownfan

You make so much sense when you talk, look at you...can't even have a civil conversation without name calling and attacking a poster. Hard to fathom the fact that you're wrong huh?
Wrong about what?

Dude ur trying to bring up 5 years ago about a 36 yr old who's played 14nba years of basketball.... sorry mate

S

sactownfan

Have his minutes been inconsistent though, even going back 5 seasons ago compared to the present day?
Ok ok.. MATT BARNES WILL NEVER DIE...

The secret is that man bun he's good for 30+ mins a night this year and the next 5 years... and the next 5 after that...

coach has this mins thing totally dialed in...

Let's ride Barnes and affalo 30 mins a night for the next century!!!!

I have been kicked off this forum for calling Cousins a punk. Now I am becoming one of his biggest fans. Nobody else can do what he does. He has learned to smile in the face of adversity. He is not arguing with the refs. That took a lot of effort. He still is showing that temper. I just hope he doesn't knock somebody's tooth out or break their cheek bone with his flailing hands.

You can build a team around him. All the other parts are expendable.
He doesn't argue with the refs???? Really? Do you even watch the games?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Ok ok.. MATT BARNES WILL NEVER DIE...

The secret is that man bun he's good for 30+ mins a night this year and the next 5 years... and the next 5 after that...

coach has this mins thing totally dialed in...

Let's ride Barnes and affalo 30 mins a night for the next century!!!!
why so mad? I'm just pointing out to you that Barnes has been consistently playing the same amount of minutes this season as he has in the previous five seasons, that's all. Barnes is only here for a season most likely any way, why sweat over it so much?

As it pertains to Afflalo's minutes, his previous three stops in Denver, Portland & New York he played 30+ minutes, this is the first season since he was in Detroit that he has played under 30 minutes; again, coach is trying to figure out the best way to use him. He shouldn't be starting, it's an experiment he has tried and it doesn't work since Gay & Cousins need room to operate.

The observation that we need a reliable 3 point shooter has merit. What I have seen a little bit of is a lot f guys besides Cuz shooting one or two 3 attempts a game whether they make them or not. I think it might help if they have a guy or two continue to shoot 3s in a game so they can get in a rythem. Like Afflalo or Temple or even Gay or Collison. They aren't doing that now. One or two attempts a game and that's it. It might work for Casspi or Tolliver or any 3 shooter who plays significant minutes. Try it.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Geez...the whole point on Barnes was that he only played 19 minutes the previous night and that he probably had as fresh as legs as anyone in the regular rotation. He didnt play well last night. Sometimes guys don't play well. Lots of guys didnt play well last night.

On the flip side, WCS did play more last night, so it's not like Joerger wasn't aware of guys being tired. I can't speak for why Ben didnt play. We let one slip away....and this is why we are 7-11 or whatever the record is and not 11-7. This was definitely a very, very winnable game. Too many guys had bad games.

Geez...the whole point on Barnes was that he only played 19 minutes the previous night and that he probably had as fresh as legs as anyone in the regular rotation. He didnt play well last night. Sometimes guys don't play well. Lots of guys didnt play well last night.

On the flip side, WCS did play more last night, so it's not like Joerger wasn't aware of guys being tired. I can't speak for why Ben didnt play. We let one slip away....and this is why we are 7-11 or whatever the record is and not 11-7. This was definitely a very, very winnable game. Too many guys had bad games.
Team has 4 guards Collison/afflalo/temple/Lawson playing, so it's tough to find room for a 5th in Ben. Especially true if Omri or WCS will get a look

Don't think the Wolves do it.

Has to be a team that
-really believes he will stay after next year
-is one step away now (Wolves looking like their getting a good pick this year)
-has a strong need at center

With Cousins being able to opt out after next season, don't see it
I think the only way they do it is if it's Dunn/Lavine/'17 1st (5-8)
Lavine would be the get for us a 21 year old SG getting 19-3-3 as well as a top 8 pick in a loaded draft.

K

KingsFan80

Yeah that's kinda my point. He burns out Matt Barnes, Affalo, and others constantly . Barnes is not a 30 min a game dude anymore. He would probably be spectacular in about 20 minutes.

But this coach has no idea how to distribute minutes or set rotations.
Blaming the coach went out the window when we fired a HOF coach last year named George Karl who had 20 some winning seasons in a row until he got to Sacramento. I am not sure what is going to take for some of you all to quit blaming the coach. Joerger is an excellent coach, he just has one all-star, an above average SF and PG, then the rest of the team is garbage. Nobody is going to win with this current roster, not even Phil Jackson. He is just trying to find a magical way to win by using different rotations with the crappy players signed in the off-season. What you are seeing is a reflection of the past 5 or 6 failed NBA drafts, management has set this team and ANY Coach up to fail.

The Kings Achilles heel really is all about threes. They lead the League in 3s made against them, and rank near the bottom in 3s made. Some teams like the Rockets seem to be shooting the long ball more all the time. It is a serious issue that makes the difference between winning and losing in close games.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Stauskas: 2016/17 season. 25:18 mpg - 10.3 ppg - 51.2% fgp - 45.1% 3pp - 2.7 rpg

So far this season, he's been one of their main weapons off the bench. It doesn't pay to give up on young players too early. In fact, it's stupid. And yes, we could probably use him right now. Of course if we had him, he wouldn't sniff the floor, that's how we develop players. We let them die on the vine. Or at least we used to. Jury is still out!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The Kings Achilles heel really is all about threes. They lead the League in 3s made against them, and rank near the bottom in 3s made. Some teams like the Rockets seem to be shooting the long ball more all the time. It is a serious issue that makes the difference between winning and losing in close games.
I think having a couple of players that can hit the three would help. Too often were trading two's for three's. If the other team hits 4 out of 10, we have to makd 6 out of 10 to match them. We need to improve out three point percentages and defend the three better. I don't see that happening with this roster. We need a Beal on our roster, and we don't have one.

I put this loss squarely on Dave Joerger. He continually talks about not ever having both Rudy and Boogie off the court at the same time and yet... Tonight it allowed the Wizards to get a lead they shouldn't have had.

One tiny corner of that square of loss has to go on the officials. I'm anxious to see the L2M report as DMC clearly should have had an +1 on his last regulation bucket.

Even I, the ultimate optimist, didn't feel real good about this loss.
Well, I was wrong. The NBA ruled that play a correct no-call. I don't agree with that at all. You can't put 2 hands on a guy and shove him while he's taking a shot.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/11/L2M-SAC-WAS-11-28-16.pdf

Blaming the coach went out the window when we fired a HOF coach last year named George Karl who had 20 some winning seasons in a row until he got to Sacramento. I am not sure what is going to take for some of you all to quit blaming the coach. Joerger is an excellent coach, he just has one all-star, an above average SF and PG, then the rest of the team is garbage. Nobody is going to win with this current roster, not even Phil Jackson. He is just trying to find a magical way to win by using different rotations with the crappy players signed in the off-season. What you are seeing is a reflection of the past 5 or 6 failed NBA drafts, management has set this team and ANY Coach up to fail.
If the team loses you always blame the coach even if he didn't do anything special to deserve it. I think Joerger will pull it out. You can't play your "regular" rotation and Ben, Willie and Casspi.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wrong. I specifically said I blame last night's loss on Joerger, and I stand completely behind that statement. Nobody is perfect and I'm sure Joerger would have no problem in accepting his part in the loss.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, I was wrong. The NBA ruled that play a correct no-call. I don't agree with that at all. You can't put 2 hands on a guy and shove him while he's taking a shot.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/11/L2M-SAC-WAS-11-28-16.pdf
The NBA ruled that Gortat "made incidental contact" with Cousins during the drive/shot.

Does anyone know the actual NBA rule about putting 2 hands and pushing someone during a shot?
As I remember, it's been clarified that you can't put 2 hands on someone with the ball - or is that just when you're being backed down in the post?

Play is here: http://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0021600253&eventNum=1177