Grades v. Suns 04/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sorry -- My attention was really in and out on this one, and took a look at the notes I had here, and just not enough to even fake a good analysis so I'm going to bail on most of them. Everyone else can of course feel free. A couple of obvious ones:

Jackson ( A+ ) -- looked ridiculously good in his first game back, not just looking like he'd never missed any time, but obviously playing at about as high a level as he can for a night at least. Inspired effort and glad Bobby got a feel good game under his belt before the playoffs.

Bibby's Sideline Bling ( F ) -- both gaudy and feminine. BOO! :p

Last edited:
Kenny almost had a triple double, Darius scored well, Corliss made an impact, Tags hitting jumpshots... I predict some good grades all around... Bobby rates an A+... Most Definately!!!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Jackson ( A+ ) -- looked ridiculously good in his first game back, not just looking like he'd never missed any time, but obviously playing at about as high a level as he can for a night at least. Inspired effort and glad Bobby got a feel good game under his belt before the playoffs.
Yup, I completley agree!

But, did anyone here what a buzzkill Grant had to be?

"Hey Jerry, Bobby's game is reminding me of when Chris Webber came back against the Clippers, and had a great game, but then struggled mightily."

Party pooper.

Bricklayer said:
Sorry -- My attention was really in and out on this one, and took a look at the notes I had here, and just not enough to even fake a good analysis so I'm going to bail on most of them. Everyone else can of course feel free. A couple of obvious ones:

Sorry Brick I'm gonna have to disagree...that bling was far far from gaudy...if it looked like a frickin cuff bracelet than I'd have to agree but I think it was just enough Bling for a mens bracelet and it didn't really strike me as being feminine...feminine is like KG's 5 carrat diamond studs that he wears...for a guy I think its too much...I on the other hand would love to have them :D

Other than that solid grades as usual :) was slightly dissappointed that there was no full analysis of the last game of the season but I understand...there was a lot of things going on...

ReinadelosReys said:
Just give everyone an A and call if a night :D
i agree.

gotta love getting 50 wins.

i agree brick, that bling was awful. but i did like seeing him in street clothes, since he needed a rest.

alright kings, kick some *** in the playoffs!!!!!

Everyone gets an A+ on effort alone. If we play with that effort in the playoffs (which I fully expect) then we will do some serious damage.

I think we were all reminded tonight as to how special Bobby Jackson really is!! This is the first time in two years were going to have his energy in the playoffs and it couldn't come at a more perfect time.

Team Grade: A

I was at the game tonight and really enjoyed it. It was AWESOME to have Bjax back. And like Brick said, it looked like he never missed a game. He really got the Arco crowd going. It was an exciting game. 132 points, 32 assists, Kenny Thomas almost getting a triple double and having Bobby back. What more can you ask for?
:)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'll do a run-down of grades as best as I can remember.

Eddie House--( A )--Shot really well, nabbed 6 rebounds, and had 7 assists. A very solid all-around effort from Eddie.

Cuttino Mobley--( A- )--After a blistering start, which was a welcome sight, really just slowed down alot. I think he had 14 in the first, and finished with 19. Joe Johnson, I belive scorched right by him for some easy buckets.

Mo Evans--( A )--Mo is really streaky, I'm beginning to realize. He has his stretches of goodness, then stretches of really bad play. Right now, he os in a good stretch. He's hitting his corner three, grabbing rebounds, diving around, hustling his tail off.

Kenny Thomas--( A )--A near triple double registering 14 pts., 9 rebs., and 8 assists. Just a solid all-around game, where you don't realize his contributions, until you see them.

Brian Skinner--( Inc. )--Really the only King that played really bad tonight. Amare was getting by him and he was missing some chipees. Also had 2 turnovers. Finley prevented him getting a "D" by spraining Brian's foot.

Corliss Williamson--( A )--Good Corliss showed up tonight. Went to the rim, hit an outside jumper, hit his free throws, grabbed some boards, and played tough. What more can you ask for?

Bobby Jackson--( A+ )--Welcome back Bobby! And for my comment: See Bricklayer's comment, he's the master.

Darius Songaila--( A+ )--An awesome game from Darius. Played GREAT on the offensive end, making 8-12, plus 4-4 from the line. And he also played solid defense on Amare in the second half.

Kevin Martin--( C+ )--An okay game for Kevin. On offense fell in love with the three, but he also redeemed himself with a nice twisting-driving lay-up.

Greg Ostertag--( B+ )--If he had made even 2 more of his lay-ups he would have had an "A." Played good defense, grabbed ten boards, and hit a near-three! Yet he also missed 5 lay-ups.

Erik Daniels--( Inc. )--Maybe Erik's last game as a King, and he did his best to leave us with fond memories. Hit a three, and had a nifty behind the back assist, that was actually very impressive.

And from the Suns...

Jim Jackson--( A )--3 of 15 from the field. Yuck.

Okay...Was I to nice (As I'm thinking I was) or was there really nothing to crtitcize about tonights game?

Bricklayer said:
Hate to disagree with you, but F's are reserved for platinum/diamond fronts.

As for Mike's choice in ju'rry, didn't really bother me. It was nice to see someone buck the trend of the ginormous diamond in each ear. I have a bigger issue with his clothes -- I understand and appreciate the baggy trend, believe me, but basketball players should not be able to swim in their jeans. Even the little guys.

SLAB said:
And from the Suns...

Jim Jackson--( A )--3 of 15 from the field. Yuck.

Okay...Was I to nice (As I'm thinking I was) or was there really nothing to crtitcize about tonights game?
If JJ was 3-15, why does he get an A?

SLAB said:
Erik Daniels--( Inc. )--Maybe Erik's last game as a King, and he did his best to leave us with fond memories. Hit a three, and had a nifty behind the back assist, that was actually very impressive.
Does he have to go????

It's like why buy a car when your not going drive it.

GoGoGadget said:
Hate to disagree with you, but F's are reserved for platinum/diamond fronts.

As for Mike's choice in ju'rry, didn't really bother me. It was nice to see someone buck the trend of the ginormous diamond in each ear. I have a bigger issue with his clothes -- I understand and appreciate the baggy trend, believe me, but basketball players should not be able to swim in their jeans. Even the little guys.
For once I'm stepping in on Brick's side of the um...flirtation/argument y'all continually run. (I'm on your side most of the time, not that it matters to you.:) )

But, DANG! It looked like something he and Darcy could share (and that he shouldn't). Not a big fan of the 5K diamond earrings but I'd have rather seen one or two of those than that linked up bling he was sporting on his wrist. I believe Emily Post states that a bracelet of that size requires formal wear at the very least. :D

On a more positive note, I was relieved to see that he didn't play tonight. I hope he's getting rested for Saturday! Thanks, Mike, for playing all season with heart and intensity!

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
doone said:
Does anyone have a picture of the bling? I missed it.
Ya know after you see a few hundred Sierra Leone or Angolan children with amputated hands from the military/rebles in the diamond fields it takes some of the luster off of diamond bracelets.

Status
Not open for further replies.