Grades v. Rockets 03/03/10

After watching this game...

• My head hurts.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • My eyes hurt.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • My eyes hurt...until I gouged them out.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • mommy

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • I will never watch an NBA game again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My faith in mankind has been shattered.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • My faith in God has been shattered.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just don't care anymore.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Leave me alone.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I want girls!

Votes: 43 54.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sactownfan

You just don't give up do you?

By that standard, Hawes could score 50 points, shoot the game winner, save a puppy, and cure AIDS and still only get a C from you.
If Hawes saved a puppy he would be criticized for not being tough enough to watch the puppy die...
i wanted to give you both credit on your creativity tonight... both of these were really good! AWESOME!

BTW, believe it or not, I actually enjoyed watching this game. True, this game will not produce a lot of top 10 highlights, but it's nice to once-in-a-while watch a game that's all about hustle, defense, battling for loose balls, etc.

S

sactownfan

How can you give anyone a grade when you didn't even watch the game? :confused:
because 10 boards by itself for Hawes is good... no blocks is sorta eh... and his offense like everyone elses was off... so with the boards alone without watching i'd give him a C-.... if he had 1 blk... i'd give him a C+... 2 blks would be a B+ 3blks and 10 boards is a great outing for Hawes! A+

Strange game tonight, but we deserved it. Neither team had anything on offense going, so they game went to the team who wanted it more, and tonight it was us.

Were starting to see some of that hustle and energy we had at the beggining of the season, except now it's coming from different players. Were watching Garcia, Landry, and Dorsey join this team and they have all played well. Along with Udrih getting a bigger role, those 4 guys have given us a spark and now that's 4 straight good games from our tream.

I'm not to worries about Evans, he was aweful tonight, but I'm more concerned with Greene and Casspi. Both of those guys have been reallllly inconsistent lately. Part of it is Westphal, I'm not sure what the other part is. I know Casspi is tired, he said it himself. I'm not sure what's up with Greene. I think it's pretty apparent he's better when he starts. And I personally do like him with this starting lineup over Casspi, but you can't really complain when the team has won 3 out of our last 4.

well again i didn't see the game... but right away 10 boards is a hell of a lot better than the 3 Hawes grabbed the last game... but Scola was the big for Hou ? Landry isn't a 5 is he? did Hawes play tough? was he physical? i saw he only jacked 1 3pt shot tonight... so thats good...

i give Hawes a pass even tho there were rebounds to be had everywhere and he was the tallest player on the floor...

ITS AN IMPROVEMENT
I see the light. It all makes sense now. Judging purely off box scores. Ah...

S

sactownfan

I see the light. It all makes sense now. Judging purely off box scores. Ah...
whoa whoa... i saw the 1st quarter(then i had to go) but i've seen almost every game (thanks league pass!) that includes the last 10+ gms until tonight

sorry little mac... continue your hawes love fest

What's all the down at the mouth stuff? Bad, ugly game!!!!!! I just don't get it. We win. We hung in there. We hustled. We didn't let them get an edge. We won. Good game for the Kings and I enjoyed watching it. No stupid basketball. What was the idea for the poll? The game didn't do any of that for me. Give it a rest.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ugly win to say the least, but an important one.

Not only did we beat a pretty good team, but we won a dog fight. Good step for a young team. It's easier to win when everything is flowing and going you way. Winning ugly and on the road shows growth.

Also, props to Hawes. In the past we've seen him get frustrated and not contribute when his offense wasn't working. Tonight he joined our team in the brick fest, but grabbed 10 boards and played some D. Shows some nice growth by him as well.
Co-sign.

What's all the down at the mouth stuff? Bad, ugly game!!!!!! I just don't get it. We win. We hung in there. We hustled. We didn't let them get an edge. We won. Good game for the Kings and I enjoyed watching it. No stupid basketball. What was the idea for the poll? The game didn't do any of that for me. Give it a rest.
Cosigned.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We win and we have a poster Vs. the rest of the board war over Hawes rebounding.

ONLY TEN REBOUNDS~!!!!!!!!!

Oh, wait a sec, let me modify that for some...

ONLY TEN REBOUNDS!!!! HIS SMALLER OPPONENT GRABBED MOAR! OMG!

Im tired of it.

The Kings just won a game over a good team, with their without-a-doubt star player having the worst game of, quite probably, his whole life.

Where's Landry's love. Cisco's?

As a Kings fan, this win felt good.
...Then I followed this thread.

this was a bad game for Tyreke, but it happens, we forget he is still a rookie and battier is a great defender who schooled him today...
well at list the confidence is back and the team looks better in that era.
Casspi was limited in minutes again, and i belive it's because coach P wants to keep him fresh for the rest of the season.

S

sactownfan

We win and we have a poster Vs. the rest of the board war over Hawes rebounding.

ONLY TEN REBOUNDS~!!!!!!!!!

Oh, wait a sec, let me modify that for some...

ONLY TEN REBOUNDS!!!! HIS SMALLER OPPONENT GRABBED MOAR! OMG!

Im tired of it.

The Kings just won a game over a good team, with their without-a-doubt star player having the worst game of, quite probably, his whole life.

Where's Landry's love. Cisco's?

As a Kings fan, this win felt good.
...Then I followed this thread.

whats hilarious to me SLAB is your complaining about the red highlight but you have red highlight on your signature............. sooooo.... yeah... thanks for your tips bro... i dont really care what you find annoying or not... im not trying to be annoying so... you give it a rest... you post your messages and i will post mine... i wont complain about yours so dont complain about mine...

as for the game yeah we won! im stoked about it! we beat Martin! it was not a great game all around... it was ugly... and like the last few games we barely won... but this team is pulling them out finally so thats a really really good sign... all i said tonight was that it was good...not amazing great Hawes had 10 boards... oh joy! the only 7ft tall player on the court tonight with all the rebounds to go around got 10... no blks... no steals.. thats about it... so good for him... but not that great...

you dont like what im saying no offense but do what i tell elementary kids to do "ignore it" simple as that...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been so mad and excited at the same time over the same news. So I'm watching TV and half way paying attention. Then I'm like why do they keep talking about the raiders and then Stephen curry. Then I noticed the channel was comcast and I was like wait a tic... I used the guide to see if the kings/mavericks game would be on on Friday and sure enough it is. I could have been watching the games this whole time I've had AT&T uverse(only been a month but still) hahahhaha ahhhhhh

Double Co-signed

I've never been so mad and excited at the same time over the same news. So I'm watching TV and half way paying attention. Then I'm like why do they keep talking about the raiders and then Stephen curry. Then I noticed the channel was comcast and I was like wait a tic... I used the guide to see if the kings/mavericks game would be on on Friday and sure enough it is. I could have been watching the games this whole time I've had AT&T uverse(only been a month but still) hahahhaha ahhhhhh
Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Welcome to kings games :D

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I haven't seen the game but wow what in the world happenned to Tyreke?!!? Was it Battier or what??

yes.

Battier turned in one of the better defensive performances I have seen. Literally. He was awesome in that first half in particular. And if Reke had a jumper he still could have had an answer. But that was just gone as well and he just basically got his butt kicked. Bright side = good learning experience + keep him hungry.

yes.

Battier turned in one of the better defensive performances I have seen. Literally. He was awesome in that first half in particular. And if Reke had a jumper he still could have had an answer. But that was just gone as well and he just basically got his butt kicked. Bright side = good learning experience + keep him hungry.
Looks like somebody found a Reke-stopper for themselves.

Cisco's game looks much smoother by the day. He worked his butt off against Durant the night before (flirted with a B+ I think) and played tough D and "team ball" offense last night helping the ball get moved. He seems the lone King willing to move the ball to run an offense.

He needs to be looked for offensively, and is victimized a little by Tyreke's habit of dribbling 4-5 times no matter what. As great as he finishing, Tyreke doesn't have to make an incredible drive to the hoop every time he gets the ball and it has hurt the team the last two nights forcing it. This is criticism of a first year star of course (nowhere near the level of Michael Westbrook yet), but I think the team would benefit (and him) by moving the ball via the pass just a little bit quicker.

a win is a win! no matter how ugly it is...

this is a learning exp for tyreke to start learning that jumpshot. and besides i expected him to have a hard time against battier. battier is an awesome defender. i wish we got him for martin though. imagine practices against shane... reke will be a destroyer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.