Grades v. Rockets 03/03/10

After watching this game...

• My head hurts.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • My eyes hurt.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • My eyes hurt...until I gouged them out.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • mommy

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • I will never watch an NBA game again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My faith in mankind has been shattered.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • My faith in God has been shattered.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just don't care anymore.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Leave me alone.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I want girls!

Votes: 43 54.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that this was a great win for the Kings tonight. Two very important things happened.

First, we won the back-end of a back-to-back on the road and on top of that, the home team did not play the night before. That is pretty tough to do in this league.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, we found a way to win when the offense really struggled. Good grief, we shot 32% for the game and somehow found a way to win. If a genie would have told us yesterday at noon that the Kings would shoot 32% from the floor in this game, exactly zero people on this board (me included) would have guessed the Kings could win doing that.

Winning ugly and doing it on the road is the mark of a good team. I am putting this down as one the Kings best wins this season.

Looks like somebody found a Reke-stopper for themselves.
It was more a combination of him just not having it and Battier being in a zone defensively. Like Brick said, if the jumper had been falling, it wouldn't have been a game at all, because Battier was playing six feet off all game. If it were Kobe or another elite scorer in the game, he'd have been torched, but being that Tyreke doesn't have that stroke, he was able to sit back and cut him off every time he tried to drive.

I don't put too much stock in it. Second half of a back to back, game number 56 for a rookie, on the road, tough game the night before... Just one of those things. Hopefully Reke bounces back on Friday against another pretty good defender in Caron Butler, assuming that's who the Mavs throw at him.

K

Kingsguy881

Cisco's game looks much smoother by the day. He worked his butt off against Durant the night before (flirted with a B+ I think) and played tough D and "team ball" offense last night helping the ball get moved. He seems the lone King willing to move the ball to run an offense.

He needs to be looked for offensively, and is victimized a little by Tyreke's habit of dribbling 4-5 times no matter what. As great as he finishing, Tyreke doesn't have to make an incredible drive to the hoop every time he gets the ball and it has hurt the team the last two nights forcing it. This is criticism of a first year star of course (nowhere near the level of Michael Westbrook yet), but I think the team would benefit (and him) by moving the ball via the pass just a little bit quicker.
Who is Michael Westbrook?

On another note, RUSSELL Westbrook sure is a beast....

lol Reke is already a better player than Russel freakin Westbrook. It was just the magnificent Kings defense that made him look special. The guy can't play the half court offense and is a turnover machine.

I think this was a good example of The Rookie Wall for Tyreke. Second night of a back to back, on the road, and after 40 minutes and a tough defensive assignment last night, just didn't have the energy tonight. The shot was flat all game, he wasn't able to get to the rim very often, and when he did, had no elevation. He got robbed on the foul call at the end of the game, but he took a chance on the steal because he didn't want to try to stay in front of Brooks, so he reached. And you can't reach in the NBA without risking a foul. Would have been a good play if we had a foul to give ... we didn't.

I wonder what kind of game he's gonna have on Friday.
One of the biggest issues there, besides his weird "every shot I take must be a fadaway shot" crap.

Tyreke consistently went inside, only to meet 3 Rockets. What does that mean? 2 or 3 open shooters. He was caught making the wrong play a good number of times. Make the simple pass, the right pass.

lol Reke is already a better player than Russel freakin Westbrook. It was just the magnificent Kings defense that made him look special. The guy can't play the half court offense and is a turnover machine.
I think when LA KING Fan II was saying "nowhere near the level of Westbrook", He was referring to the over-dribbling.

That being said, with such a game, I demand a pretty girl theme. :D

One of the biggest issues there, besides his weird "every shot I take must be a fadaway shot" crap.

Tyreke consistently went inside, only to meet 3 Rockets. What does that mean? 2 or 3 open shooters. He was caught making the wrong play a good number of times. Make the simple pass, the right pass.
Yeah, lots of over penetration all game long.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
BTW, believe it or not, I actually enjoyed watching this game. True, this game will not produce a lot of top 10 highlights, but it's nice to once-in-a-while watch a game that's all about hustle, defense, battling for loose balls, etc.
Agreed, while a bit boring, this game showed some internal fortitude by our team. Nothing was falling but they stuck to playing good defense and ground it out. One of these kinds of games is fun to watch every once in a while.

And while they might have a Havoc stopper available for the night, they didn't seem to have a Mandry stopper on hand, now did they? ;)

I'm sure she gets that a lot. :rolleyes:
Punky Brewster? Kiele Sanchez? Lacey Chabert? In all seriousness, you hit this one out of the park. Three lesser recognized women who all deserved some recognition by us Kings Fans. Good work. You would have really had my attention if you'd thrown in Danielle Fishel, circa 2003.

Oh, and Ewa Sonnet wasn't a bad choice, either!

Freddie Prinze Jr. -- have I used him before? I forget. Does he still look like this? Is he even still considered hot? 10 years ago sure, but I don't even know what he's doing any more except making babies with Buffy. But I try ladies, really I do.
Yes, Freddie Prinze Jr still looks like this and I don't think you have used him before. And he is on my favorite show called 24.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Ahhh Punky Boobster.

Apparently having such a weird name didn't affect her negatively as she named her daughters Poet Sienna Rose and Jagger Joseph Blue.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
By the way, the next time you post a picture of Robin Meade, make sure it's not really Marisa Tomei.

I thought the resmblance was uncanny in that one, but I pulled it straight from the Miami Herald, even named RobinMeade.jpeg, so I'm blaming it on them.

Last edited:
Wow Rockets lost 5 out of 7 games since Kmart joined the team.
The trade didnt really seem to make them stronger but maybe its just a question of time..

Wow Rockets lost 5 out of 7 games since Kmart joined the team.
The trade didnt really seem to make them stronger but maybe its just a question of time..
It's not Kevin really because him and Brooks have had a couple of crazy scoring games. One game those two and another guy dropped 30 points on the other team. I think the problem with the Rockets is they gave up a very major piece of their success this year. They were already short for big men and they lost their primary energy guy and it seems he might be the heart and soul of that squad.

That trade is gonna look crappy for them right now, but next with year with a hopefully healthy Yao Ming they are gonna be a top 4 West team I believe.

I would like to add that I think Shakira is one Hot Tamale !! She isn't the best singer in the world, but that doesn't keep me from drooling watching her videos. Good thing I'm married, because a girl like that could keep an old man like me up at night :)

As for the Kings, it seems like they are really trying to emphasize the defensive end, which is good considering the Kings are considered THE softest team in the league. Bringing in tough players that want to mix it up is helping change that Softie label.

I, for one hope Hawes comes back next summer with 25 MORE lbs of new muscle. I think he has the skill to play center, but his frail body just gets pushed around. I think that is why his game is so up and down. It depends on who is guarding him that night. Stronger players shut Hawes down by muscling him around. Contact in the paint happens and refs expect post players to play through "incidental" contact without complaint. There is too much contact to call it on every play. Bulking up would do wonders for Hawes's game inside offensively and defensively. I know he'll never be a dominate inside presence, but he could be an effective presence with some more muscle to fight inside. This isn't to bash Hawes. I'm done bashing him. He is ill equipped to play center as a starter in the NBA right now. Hopefully this season will convince him to hit the weights to help his team win games. If not, it is his contract year next year so...

Status
Not open for further replies.