Grades v. Clippers 03/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Just about impossible game to grade -- I dread these games when you have 3 1/2 quarters of crap and 10 minutes of brilliance. What's that average out to??

Peja ( A- ) -- our lone, and I do mean LONE, offensive weapon for 44 minutes tonight. Had a quiet first quarter, but then came on strong and played one of his most aggressive stretches of basketball in a long time. Not just passive open jump-shooting offense, but aggressively forcing the action. And the aggression showed on the glass as well where he grabbed a solid seven tonight and even made some hustle plays. Did not dominate the game, but easily our most effective player until Cat exploded late, and we would have been lost without him. An "A" game until the end when he got very quiet again when it came time to win the game -- while we came roaring back in the final few minutes and OT Peja contributed no points, no rebounds, and it was up to Cat, Bibby, Thomas to make the plays to win it.
Songaila ( C- ) -- pretty much just fouled himself right out of the lineup tonight. In foul trouble from the very start and just never able to get anything going. Did make one nice pass from the high post to a cutter -- of real note on a night when our passing offense was officially pronounced dead on arrival.
Skinner ( B ) -- finally breaks his "A" string with a good, but not great game. Did a pretty good job on Brand -- what I like about Skinner's future here is that he is the only Kings big man big enough and athletic enough to be able to face down an Elton Brand one on one. Remarkable final few seconds of regulation for Brian -- first Bobby Simmons cans a huge off-balance three pointer in Tut's face to tie the game, then we come out of a timeout tied with 10 seconds to go and draw up a play for...Brian Skinner??? And not surprisingly he got overeager and shuffled his feet for the turnover which put us in danger. Then he comes over and either blocks or intimidates Maggette's final attempt to win it at the buzzer, and we escape to OT.
Mobley ( B ) -- Wow -- how to grade this?? For 3 1/2 quarters Cat was playing a "D" game. And then for 3 minutes he turned into MJ. Struggled along with the rest of the team for most of the night, but then came through down the stretch with a superstar-like stretch of dominant play, scoring something like 15 points in half a dozen possessions in the final four minutes of regulation. Also hit the sealing FTs at the end of OT. Without him we are toast and in real danger of slipping back further in the playoff race. On defense another real tough matchup for Cat -- these games against the Richardsons and Maggettes are when our lack of size at the OG really comes back to hurt us.
Bibby ( C- ) -- for almost the entire night did not look good at all -- looked like a guy very much in need of a rest actually. Had a couple of nifty hoops, but mixed them in with a number of off-balance shots and give-up threes from deep out on the court. Was struggling all night long...and then crunch time hit and Mike Bibby answered the bell one more time hitting two free throws and a jumper down in the final minute of regulation, and a couple of more shots in overtime. But then wavered again and threw up a couple of terrible chucks late in OT -- we were lucky that Maggette panicked there because Mike was doing his best to keep the Clips in it.
Thomas ( B ) -- well, came out firing, which was both a good and a bad thing. Very aggressive offensively, and no hesitation whatsoever to shoot. On the other hand, wasn't making them, and thought he was a primary offensive weapon with 9 shots in his first 12 minutes. Did wise up and abandoned the outside jumper for a couple of nice semi-post moves. Slowed down dramatically after the fast start, and in the second half looked very much the undersized PF unable to get anything going on offense or make an impact on defense. Emerged from his funk through with big play down the stretch and in OT -- suddenly the jumper was back on, and he also grabbed a big defensive board to help hold the Clips off.
Evans ( C- ) -- came in and gave us a better physical matchup with Maggette, but was only marginally effective, and wasn't making his shots.
House ( B ) -- did a nice job spelling Mike in the first half. Gave us a nice long 8 minute span in the second quarter when he did a little of everything. Got chased from the lineup in the second half by the increasingly assertive play of 6'7" Shaun Livingston -- Rick decided to go with Martin instead for extra size.
Williamson ( B- ) -- On several occasions Rick went tiny with his lineup again, and for a stretch in the first half it worked better than it has been, although part of that may have been the terrible inexperienced bench players the Clippers were throwing out there. Tried it again in the late 3rd/4th and it then fell apart once more as the game started to get out of hand. Pretty effective game for Corliss statistically, but picked up a stupid technical in the 4th that could have really cost us, and in effect put us into OT.
Martin ( INC ) -- finally got a little run tonight as a surprise 4th quarter substitution to give us better size on Shaun Livingston, who is over half a foot taller than our other PGs. Didn't do much + missed a couple of shots.

Maggette ( C ) -- unfortunately can not be given an "A" because he kicked our collective butts for most of the night. But in the clutch when it came time to win he totally lost his composure and looked hurried and panicky out there. Clips could very well have won this one were it not for his poor decision-making.

Adelman ( B- ) -- well, we won on a night when we really did not deserve to, but these are the ones you have to get. Done it a lot this season, and the Clips showed why they are the chokers supreme of the NBA in close games. Rick again tried to save the wear and tear on Bibby, and again was thwarted by a tight game, and one that went into OT to boot. Of course it makes it a lot easier to experiment with shaving Bibby's time when he's having these really bad flameout games. Rick also made a good adjustment to insert Kevin Martin to check the oversized PG Shaun Livingston in the 4th, but it didn't really pan out. Also again went to those damn small lineups -- apparently we will not be satisfied until we are officially the twerpiest team in NBA history. Worked pretty well in the first half actually as our backups were much more experienced than the Clipper garbage off the bench. But in the late third and 4th we got killed with the little lineups as the Clips just played over the top of us and ignored us on both ends of the floor. Play call to go to Skinner for the regulation game winner was a ????? :confused: , but I'm going to give Rick the benefit of the doubt and assume that that was a 3rd or 4th option on that play and one of our primary options made a bad read/decision there.

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
SacTownKid said:
Skinner with no A!!!??? At least a B+. Shame on you Brick ;)
Skinner is going to get frequent travler miles he keeps up this pace. He is getting almost as many traveling violations as he his blocked shots.

I was going to make my own topic, but Bricklayer made it first. I would like to mention I pressed the homepage icon on my internet browser causing me to lose all of what I typed, even though I wrote up to Kenny Thomas I think, so this is basically a second version of what I wrote.

Peja ( A )
- Peja was basically the only Kings player hitting any shots. Not only was Peja hitting shots, but his percentage was good. However, what made Peja have a superb game was his rebounding and defense. Yes, you heard me, not his shooting, but his rebounding and defense. Peja has 7 rebounds. Of those 7 rebounds, 2 were offenseive rebounds that were putbacks. On one of those putbacks, he got an and one! His defense was great. He was denying the ball to anyone he was guarding all night long. I really liked him down the strech, moreso that he didn't shot too many shots towards end of the game.

Songaila ( C- ) - I'm not sure what Songaila is doing and what Adelman should do with him. Started off bad not making any shots, was quiet all game long. When he makes shot, he's useful, but unless he missed a few shots, he gets out of the game and never gets back into it. That causes him to become basically useless I'm not sure if he should start anymore.

Skinner ( B ) - 9 points, 9 rebounds, 3 steals, and 3 blocks, so why the B grade? He almost cost the Kings the game. Skinner is the type of player that is tough and will get you the points and rebounds and blocks when needed, but mentally, he is not smart at all. He needs to realize he is not of the Kings main guys, and he should've given the ball up. If Bibby wasn't open, then pass it to Mobely or even Peja. Instead, he decides to take it to the hoop and ends up travelling. Played great defense most of the game, but he could've done a better job on Elton Brand and Chris Kaman.

Mobley ( A ) - Can you say clutch? Mobley has become the Kings official "If we're losing, you come in the game and get us back into the game" guy. Mobley turned it up in the 4th quarter. He was 5 for 7 in the 4th quarter, including drilling 3 crucial 3 pointers with less than 5 minutes left to go in the game. Mobley also made all his free throws, some of which were clutch. His defense wasn't good but what else is new? As long as he continues playing like this, I'm sure the defense will slowly come, or at least I hope it will.

Bibby ( A- ) - Will the Kings savior please standup? Only will Bibby start the game 2 for 11 with no assists in the first half of the game to only turn his game up in the 4th quarter and nail a big shot and then go into overtime and basically make sure the Kings win get the win by scoring 4 big points. He also got 6 assists in the second half of the game, some of which setup for Mobley to get on fire. I was, however, really tempted to give Bibby the B+ because of his pathetic defense but not when Bibby comes through in the end. If only Bibby tried a little harder on defense then I don't think Clippers would've gotten a lead bigger than 5 or 6 points.

Thomas ( A- ) - Thomas comes through for the Kings. He started off sloppy. He made a shot but he shot the ball 5 times. What saved Thomas's performence was his rebounding and scoring in overtime. Thomas grabbed 8 rebounds,some of them were huge, including the one which setup for Mobley to drill both of his free throws and basically seal the game for the Kings victory. Thomas also nailed 2 big shots in overtime himself. His defense was decent, but Kaman had his way with him the 4th quarter, but that's not going to effect my grade on Thomas's performence too much.

House ( C+ ) - Came in the 2nd quarter and made 2 shots and disappeared after that, mostly because Adelman only played him for 10 minutes.

Evans ( D+ ) - Evans is the type of guy that tries so hard, but he shouldn't shot. His energy is felt by hustling and going for the steals and taking the charges, but he didn't make a single shot tonight. He was 0 for 4 from the field. If Evans can improve his shot, he can become a real threat off the bench for the Kings.

Williamson ( B ) - Solid performence by Corliss Williamson. He did get a technical, but ignoring that, in the 19 minutes he played, he scores 11 points on 4 for 6 shooting and was 3 for 3 from the free throw line, and he pulled down 6 rebounds. His minutes made of been effected by the fouls he got, but for what Williamson did, he really gave the Kings a boost at times. He played decent defense, but I think Zelijko Rebraca had his way with him.

Martin (INC) - Got a few minutes. Didn't do much. Missed a couple shots.

Adelman ( A+ ) - The talented coaching of Adelman brought the Kings close and gave them the victory towards the end. Everything he did was superb, but the players weren't producing. He drew up probably one of the most smartest plays in regulation when there was 36 seconds left, and Bibby took the quick shot and made it. Adelman knew that whoever had the last position would win the game, since botht eh Kings and Clippers were scoring on every position in the final minutes of the game, even though that didn't end up being the case. I'm sure the last play was drawn up for Bibby, but Skinner messed it up. Overall, great game and great coaching.

Last edited:
solid grades Brick...

Glad to see Corey not get the red carpet treatment in crunch time...usually during the game he's at the line for sure...

well i hope they all get a snooze on the plane and then get home get in their beds and get a good night sleep cuz they are definetly gonna need it tomorrow night...

GO KINGS!
I FRICKIN LOVE THIS TEAM!!

Bricklayer said:
Just about impossible game to grade -- I dread these games when you have 3 1/2 quarters of crap and 10 minutes of brilliance. What's that average out to??

Peja ( A- ) -- our lone, and I do mean LONE, offensive weapon for 44 minutes tonight. Had a quiet first quarter, but then came on strong and played one of his most aggressive stretches of basketball in a long time. Not just passive offense, but aggressively forcing the action. And the aggression showed on the glass as well where he grabbed a solid seven tonight and even made some hustle plays. Did not dominate the game, but easily our most effective player until Cat exploded late, and we would have been lost without him. An "A" game until the end when he got very quiet again when it came time to win the game -- while we came roaring back in the final few minutes and OT Peja contributed no points, no rebounds, and it was up to Cat, Bibby, Thomas to make the plays to win it.
Songaila ( C- ) -- pretty much just fouled himself right out of the lineup tonight. In foul trouble from the very start and just never able to get anything going. Did make one nice pass from the high post to a cutter -- of real note on a night when our passing offense was officially pronounced dead on arrival.
Skinner ( B ) -- finally breaks his "A" string with a good, but not great game. Did a pretty good job on Brand -- what I like about Skinner's future here is that he is the only Kings big man big enough and athletic enough to be able to face down an Elton Brand one on one. Remarkable final few seconds of regulation for Brian -- first Bobby Simmons cans a huge off-balance three pointer in Tut's face to tie the game, then we come out of a timeout tied with 10 seconds to go and draw up a play for...Brian Skinner??? And not surprisingly he got overeager and shuffled his feet for the turnover which put us in danger. Then he comes over and either blocks or intimidates Maggette's attmept to win it.
Mobley ( B ) -- Wow -- how to grade this?? For 3 1/2 quarters Cat was playing a "D" game. And then for 3 minutes he turned into MJ. Struggled along with the rest of the team for most of the night, but then came through down the stretch with a superstar-like stretch of dominant play scoring something like 15 points in half a dozen possessions in the final four minutes of regulation. Also hit the sealing FTs at the end of OT. Without him we are toast and in real danger of slipping back further in the playoff race. On defense another real tough matchup for Cat -- these games against the Richardsons and Maggettes are when our lack of size at the OG really comes back to hurt us.
Bibby ( C- ) -- for almost the entire night did not look good at all -- looked like a guy very much in need of a rest actually. Had a couple of nifty hoops, but mixed them in with a number of off-balance shots and give-up threes from deep out on the court. Was struggling all night long...and then crunch time hit and Mike Bibby answered the bell one more time hitting two free throws and a jumper down the stretch. But again threw up a couple of terrible chucks late in OT -- we were lucky that Maggette panicked there because Mike was doing his best to keep the Clips into it.
Thomas ( B ) -- well, came out firing, both a good and a bad thing. Very aggressive offensively, and no hesitation whatsoever to shoot. On the other hand wasn't making them, and thought he was a primary offensive weapon with 9 shots in his first 12 minutes. Did wise up and abandoned the outside jumper for a couple of nice semi-post moves. Slowed down dramatically after the fast start, and in the second half looked very much the undersized PF unable to get anything going on offense or make an impact on defense. Emerged from his funk through with big play down the stretch and in OT -- suddenly the jumper was back on, and grabbed a big defensive board to hold the Clips off.
Evans ( C- ) -- came in and gave us a better physical matchup with Maggette, but was only marginally effective, and wasn't making his shots.
House ( B ) -- did a nice job spelling Mike in the second quarter. Gave us a nice long 8 minute span in the second quarter when he did a little of everything. Got chased from the lineup in the second half by the increasingly assertive play of 6'7" Shaun Livingston -- Rick decided to go with Martin instead for extra side.
Williamson ( B- ) -- Rick went tiny with his lineup again and it worked better this time in the second quarter, although part of that may have been the terrible inexperienced bench players the Clippers were throwing out there. Tried it again in the late 3rd/4th and it then fell apart once more as the game started to get oout of hand. Pretty effective game for Corliss statistically, but picked up a stupid technical in the 4th that could have really cost us, and in effect put us into OT.
Martin ( INC ) -- finally got a little run tonight as a surprise 4th quarter substitution to give us better size on Shaun Livingston, who is over half a foot taller than our other PGs. Didn't do much + missed a couple of shots.

Maggette ( C ) -- unfortunately can not be given an "A" because he kicked our collective butts for most of the night. But in the clutch when it came time to win he totally lost his composure and looked hurried and panicky out there. Clips could very well have won this one were it not for his poor decision-making.

Adelman ( B- ) -- well, we won on a night when we really did not deserve to, but these are the ones you have to get. Done it a lot this season, and the Clips showed why they are the chokers supreme of the NBA in close games. Rick again tried to save the wear and tear on Bibby, and again was thwarted by a tight game, and one that went into OT to boot. Of course it makes it a lot easier to experiment with shaving Bibby's time when he's having these really bad flameout games. Rick also made an good adjustment to insert Kevin Martin to check the oversized PG Shaun Livingston in the 4th, but it didn't really pan out. Also again went to those damn small lineups -- apparently we will not be satisfied until we are officially the twerpiest team in NBA history. Worked pretty well in the first half actually as our backups were much more experienced than the Clipper garbage off the bench. But in the late third and 4th we got killed with the little lineups as the Clips just played over the top of us and ignored us on both ends of the floor.
Good grades Brick

Bricklayer said:
Peja ( A- ) -- our lone, and I do mean LONE, offensive weapon for 44 minutes tonight. Had a quiet first quarter, but then came on strong and played one of his most aggressive stretches of basketball in a long time. Not just passive offense, but aggressively forcing the action. And the aggression showed on the glass as well where he grabbed a solid seven tonight and even made some hustle plays. Did not dominate the game, but easily our most effective player until Cat exploded late, and we would have been lost without him. An "A" game until the end when he got very quiet again when it came time to win the game -- while we came roaring back in the final few minutes and OT Peja contributed no points, no rebounds, and it was up to Cat, Bibby, Thomas to make the plays to win it.
did he stop trying? or was he trying and we were just riding the hot hand?

Am I the only one who watches the games now with Brick's grades in mind?

Several times I find myself thinking, "Oh, well, THAT'S gonna knock him down a grade," or "That just may get him the A."

I spend too damn much time here.

Also, I just wanted to take a moment to say that Mike Bibby is a frickin' stud. Didn't necessarily show it with this game until the end -- and I agree wholeheartedly with the C- -- but what he's been able to do this season while clearly running on fumes and probably still bothered by the ankle/knee/etc. gets him a lot of points in my book.

GoGoGadget said:

Several times I find myself thinking, "Oh, well, THAT'S gonna knock him down a grade," or "That just may get him the A."

Also, I just wanted to take a moment to say that Mike Bibby is a frickin' stud. Didn't necessarily show it with this game until the end -- and I agree wholeheartedly with the C- -- but what he's been able to do this season while clearly running on fumes and probably still bothered by the ankle/knee/etc. gets him a lot of points in my book.
Exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!!!! While watching the game for the first 3 quarters I thought Mobley will get an F from Brick.

P.S. Cat kinda remindes me of J. Williams with his shooting. When he's on fire he's on fire but apparently he doesn't know when to stop. Any opinions on that?

No, you're not ....

GoGoGadget said:
I'm with ya on this one .....

but, I'd like to add one thing .... I GIVE THE ENTIRE TEAM AN A-PLUS for their play in the 4th quarter and OT.

That was an exciting game ... in the beginning, I finally quit swtiching back-n-forth between Wake Forest vs W Virginia (double-OT) ... that was quite a game, as well.

Did ya'll see Skinner at the end of regulation ???? The camera followed him over to the bench and the sat-down ALL BY HIMSELF and the look on his face was OWNERSHIP. He knew what he had done (the travelin' call) and was so PO'd at himself .... I felt so PUMPED-UP for him when he got that block .... but, he was still PO'd .... it really showed.

He is one PASSIONATE player ... dude is really workin' at his game.

GoGoGadget said:

i await brick's grades after every game. since i can't really watch the game, brick gives good and fair evaluation of the team. :)

about mike. yeah, he is a stud. he shoots 4/16 but still has the guts to take the big shot.

I say it's about time that Peja had a decent game...do you have any idea how long I've been waiting? :p I don't like it when people say "we didn't deserve the win" any game we win, we win because we scored more points than the opponents so I say we doid deserve it, even if we did only show up in the 4th quarter...:eek: Anyway GREAT GAME KINGS!! COME ON AND GIVE RICK NUMBER 700 TONIGHT!!

Bricklayer said:
Also again went to those damn small lineups -- apparently we will not be satisfied until we are officially the twerpiest team in NBA history. Worked pretty well in the first half actually as our backups were much more experienced than the Clipper garbage off the bench. But in the late third and 4th we got killed with the little lineups as the Clips just played over the top of us and ignored us on both ends of the floor.
I just don't understand why Ostertag is not used more in certain situations! Out of shape or not, there's NO WAY we are not a better rebounding with him in the game. If I have to watch Corliss or Kenny Thomas guard a 7 footer one more time I'm going to get sick! It's not working!!!!

I'm sorry I don't get it. We are already undersized at PF and then to watch two undersized forwards trying to guard a 7 footer it's just SICK!:(

I would have given Peja an "A", Songaila, Martin, and Evans "C"s, and everyone else, including Rick Adelman "B"s. There was a lot of hustle out there, despite the missed shots. The Clippers played well, but the Kings won.

G_M said:
I just don't understand why Ostertag is not used more in certain situations! Out of shape or not, there's NO WAY we are not a better rebounding with him in the game. If I have to watch Corliss or Kenny Thomas guard a 7 footer one more time I'm going to get sick! It's not working!!!!

I'm sorry I don't get it. We are already undersized at PF and then to watch two undersized forwards trying to guard a 7 footer it's just SICK!:(
The things we need from Ostertag are most dependant on physical fitness. He's not going to defend or rebound simply by being tall.

Rebounding is more about lateral movement and vertical leap than height. Else, no one should be outboarding Yao Ming. He's not the tallest man on the court when everyone jumps.

Ostertag will kill our transition game, both defensively and offensively. Plus, being out of shape probably means he'll be a step slow to prevent people from driving around him, which kind of nullifies his height advantage. At least with Thomas, he can force shots over him and while he can't contest them as effectively, jumpers are still better than layups in any defensive scheme.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Zyphen said:
The things we need from Ostertag are most dependant on physical fitness. He's not going to defend or rebound simply by being tall.

Rebounding is more about lateral movement and vertical leap than height. Else, no one should be outboarding Yao Ming. He's not the tallest man on the court when everyone jumps.

Ostertag will kill our transition game, both defensively and offensively. Plus, being out of shape probably means he'll be a step slow to prevent people from driving around him, which kind of nullifies his height advantage. At least with Thomas, he can force shots over him and while he can't contest them as effectively, jumpers are still better than layups in any defensive scheme.
That's empty specualtion given that we've seen him play all year. He is no All-Star, but when he is in the game he DOES rebound and he DOES block shots. Skinner probably has better per minute numbers at this point, but Tag certianly does better than anybody else. Playing him 30min might be problematic, but 5 just to buy us some time?

It would be speculation if statements weren't made by both him and RA about his fitness. In fact, your idea of him coming back and being at the height of his effectiveness earlier in the season is what I'd call empty speculation given all the evidence to the contrary. Also, I think that bringing up his previous history with the Jazz is as relevant as bringing up Alonzo Mourning's career in the 90s. I don't even know why people brought that stuff up in earlier topics but it seems to me that there's an implausible expectation that he'll play anywhere close to that level.

Zyphen said:

Rebounding is not based on lateral movement nor a vertical leap.Rebounding is based on timing and positioning yourself to go get the basketball.The best rebounders in the history of the game were not 45inch vertical leapers,or players that had good lateral quickness which means you can run side to side with agility.Individuals like wes unseld couldn't jump but used his big body and positioning to get in good rebounding spots.Dennis rodman couldn't really jump with a super jordan or domique vertical but he used timing to get the rebounding titles he earned.

plus Greg gets back just as fast as c-webb did so you wouldn't loose too much there but basically you need a balance you might give up some thangs but you gain in other area's when you play Tag.

So it is about being Big because alot of times Greg doesn't need to actually get the Board he can be Big and intimidate clogg and congest the lane.When his big at 7'2 he can tip the ball out and by being big he takes up room and space so someone else can get that board a loose rebound tip and deflections etc.

Bricklayer said:
That's empty specualtion given that we've seen him play all year. He is no All-Star, but when he is in the game he DOES rebound and he DOES block shots. Skinner probably has better per minute numbers at this point, but Tag certianly does better than anybody else. Playing him 30min might be problematic, but 5 just to buy us some time?
I think there really is something to it when Adelman (just being honest with the media last week) simply said Ostertag hasn't been in basketball shape all year and that's why he doesn't play. I'd like to think the Adelman and the coaches realize how much of a mismatch it is to have Williamson and Thomas guarding 7' centers, but I think they've decided that there simply isn't much of an alternative until Brad gets back. It seems like the coaches think that Ostertag is so out of shape that he can barely handle playing 5 min at a time. The coaches should know best, they see him everyday in practice.

Personally, I think it's pathetic that Ostertag can't get himself into decent shape. His only job is to stay and shape and play ball. I think Karl Malone was right when he criticized Ostertag's lack of commitment. Ostertag responded to Adelmans' criticisms last week by saying that he was hurt to start the year and expected to play himself back into shape by getting playing time, but he didn't get any time on the court. What kind of an attitude is that? How about he works out more in the state of art training facility provided to him by the Kings?? Alot of people criticize Adelman for not playing Greg enough, but far too few criticize Greg himself for not being in shape. There simply isn't any excuse for this. This guy is stealing money from both the team and the fans who pay their hard earned money to watch the team play.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I for one have given up on the Tag discussions since it is now abundantly clear that RA will NOT play him and engageing in compleetly idle speculation is pointless. If RA plays him then I will be glad to talk about him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Team grade: A-

That might seem odd, but I got home from the fundraising event last night just in time to see good parts. The end of the 4th quarter and the overtime.

I have to agree with G3 about watching the game with Brick's grades in mind, especially since I wasn't doing the PBP.

This may not be the Kings we're used to but they're certainly not boring.

GO KINGS!!!!!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
Team grade: A-

That might seem odd, but I got home from the fundraising event last night just in time to see good parts. The end of the 4th quarter and the overtime.

I have to agree with G3 about watching the game with Brick's grades in mind, especially since I wasn't doing the PBP.

This may not be the Kings we're used to but they're certainly not boring.

GO KINGS!!!!!
Condier it devine mercy you did NOT have to watch the 1st and 3rd quarters... you DID catch the good stuff! Sort of like eating the cream out of an Oreo and tosing the cookies, ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
HndsmCelt said:
Condier it devine mercy you did NOT have to watch the 1st and 3rd quarters... you DID catch the good stuff! Sort of like eating the cream out of an Oreo and tosing the cookies, ;)
Oh, the comment about the Oreo made me remember. I have one more grade:

Foothill Fire Department Auxiliary Annual Crab Feed Fundraiser Dinner: A+

The weather was horrible, with winds and gusts of rain that totally obliterated the road but it was worth it to share an evening of fun with 200+ friends and neighbors, while raising money to help keep our volunteer fire department on the road for another year.

I may miss out on a lot of things living up here in the middle of the forest, but it's times like last night that truly make it all worthwhile.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.