Good 2nd Round Picks:

If Robert Carter Jr. has enough drive/motivation to get into excellent shape and rework his body, he's gonna be a major steal:
  • shot above 50% on his 2-pt jumpshots!!! and only quarter of those were assisted!!!
  • very skilled overall offensive player: good dribbling/passing for PF, so he's actually might be a triple-threat from high post, have excellent footwork in the post to punish smaller opponents
  • doesn't get a lot of offensive rebounds due to spending too much time outside, but he got 21% of available defensive boards playing PF this season, and 28% as a center in his previous season in Georgia Tech
  • pretty comfortable guarding outside
  • good defensive anticipation (1.3 steals per 40 minutes), not Millsap/Green territory, but above average for future NBA big men
He showed up to Combine not in a good shape (12.6% fat), and still was effective on both ends, which brings me to my first point: he needs to drastically improve his mobility and lower body strength. This means a lot of work and heavily depends on psychology (competitiveness and desire to improve) and is the area only NBA people have access to. But if we ever see this guy with muscle definition, he's probably an NBA starter.

This playlist has more of his plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPKIa31N5u0&index=2&list=PLS02DrMDww6fJHEHJ3QcRYaE8fc9q6cJ3

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If Robert Carter Jr. has enough drive/motivation to get into excellent shape and rework his body, he's gonna be a major steal:
  • shot above 50% on his 2-pt jumpshots!!! and only quarter of those were assisted!!!
  • very skilled overall offensive player: good dribbling/passing for PF, so he's actually might be a triple-threat from high post, have excellent footwork in the post to punish smaller opponents
  • doesn't get a lot of offensive rebounds due to spending too much time outside, but he got 21% of available defensive boards playing PF this season, and 28% as a center in his previous season in Georgia Tech
  • pretty comfortable guarding outside
  • good defensive anticipation (1.3 steals per 40 minutes), not Millsap/Green territory, but above average for future NBA big men
He showed up to Combine not in a good shape (12.6% fat), and still was effective on both ends, which brings me to my first point: he needs to drastically improve his mobility and lower body strength. This means a lot of work and heavily depends on psychology (competitiveness and desire to improve) and is the area only NBA people have access to. But if we ever see this guy with muscle definition, he's probably an NBA starter.

This playlist has more of his plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPKIa31N5u0&index=2&list=PLS02DrMDww6fJHEHJ3QcRYaE8fc9q6cJ3
You'll get no argument from me. I said during the season that I thought there were many nights when Carter was the best player on the Maryland team. A team that should have been better than it was by the way. He's a very skilled big. He's a little undersized for the PF position, but has a good wingspan, and I agree, if he could get in top shape, he has starter potential. But hey, 12.6% body fat is good shape for Carter. When he first arrived at college, he weighed around 280/290. So he has improved in that dept.

If we could acquire a higher 2nd round pick, your right, he would be a steal there. It all comes down to how badly he wants it. I'm not saying he would be the next Draymond Green, but he has some of that potential.