Gonzaga

I don't watch many NCAA basketball games. But this article happened to catch my eye. I love it when a group is brought together and they are something special. I am a sucker for a story like that. Its why I can watch the first portion of the movie the Magnificent Seven so many times:) Its why I was so excited when Petrie put together CWebb, Vlade, JWill and crew.

Anyhow the link is below but here is a portion of the article:

Gonzaga has so much talent on the offensive end that opposing coaches will have a nightmare game planning against them. If opponents take away the outside shooting, Sabonis and Karnowski are talented post players that can feast inside while Wiltjer is improving in that area. Doubling the post will open up the shooting for Pangos and Bell Jr. Even with an off shooting night, Wesley can put the ball on the floor and attack. There’s so much variety that shutting down one particular player will not get the job done.

Link--> http://basketball.realgm.com/article/235626/Zags-Could-Finally-Be-Sweeter-Than-Sweet

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I don't watch many NCAA basketball games. But this article happened to catch my eye. I love it when a group is brought together and they are something special. I am a sucker for a story like that. Its why I can watch the first portion of the movie the Magnificent Seven so many times:) Its why I was so excited when Petrie put together CWebb, Vlade, JWill and crew.

Anyhow the link is below but here is a portion of the article:

Gonzaga has so much talent on the offensive end that opposing coaches will have a nightmare game planning against them. If opponents take away the outside shooting, Sabonis and Karnowski are talented post players that can feast inside while Wiltjer is improving in that area. Doubling the post will open up the shooting for Pangos and Bell Jr. Even with an off shooting night, Wesley can put the ball on the floor and attack. There’s so much variety that shutting down one particular player will not get the job done.

Link--> http://basketball.realgm.com/article/235626/Zags-Could-Finally-Be-Sweeter-Than-Sweet
I think Gonzaga is a sure bet to win the Big West conference. But winning that conference, and winning the NCAA tournament is an entirely different thing. I don't think they have the horses to do that. This is Karnowski's third year, and so far, he hasn't proven much of anything other than he can take up space. Wiltjer, who transfered from Kentucky after his freshman year, is a Ryan Anderson wantabe. But without the rebounding and willingness to bang under the basket. I think there's a place for him in the NBA, but right now, he's a big that likes to hang out on the perimeter and shoot the ball. The true star potential player is Sabonis. He's a freshman and so far it appears he's inherited a lot of his fathers gene's. He's not as big, at 6'10", but he's very skilled. Pangos is a solid player that I think will find a place in the NBA. His problem is the typical one. He's 6'2" and he's not a PG. But he's clever and does a lot of the little things that help you win. Probably a low 2nd round pick in the coming draft.

I'm a big fan of Gonazga, and they constantly bring in players that surprise me, so hopefully, I'll have a few surprises this year. I don't think they have a chance against teams like Kentucky, Duke, or Arizona, to name a few.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well we only have to wait until Dec 6 for a match with Arizona.

Schedule: http://www.gozags.com/attachments1/323036.pdf
They have another big test on the 13th of December when they play UClA, with Washington St. sandwiched in between. I think their biggest opposition witnin their conference will be from St. Mary's, which is a very young team, but with their usual quota of Aussies, and probably as many surprises.