Get Lu Dortz to the Kings

Buddy for Lu Dortz? I would do that in heart beat. OKC would likely require Al Hortford as part of that deal or that the Kings send a 1st, which is likely a bit too much for me. But Dortz + Fox + Haliburton would make the Kings a sure fire playoff team this year. Dortz can defend 1 to 3 and would bring a certain amount of toughness that I think this team is missing.

Last edited:
That would be incredibly foolish on our part. While Buddy has his flaws the concept of using a 1st to trade him is beyond horrible IMO.

I read it fine. Why start a proposed trade thread with the caveat that you wouldn't go through with it tho?
I doubt you did, because 1. the thread is let's get Dortz to the Kings and 2. I stated that to get him to the Kings, OKC would likely demand the Kings taking on Horford or that the Kings add a first. Then I said I wouldn't include the first, but didn't say that I wouldn't go through with a trade.

So your points that I would include a first or not go through with the trade are off. I would certainly trade Buddy for Dortz straight up. Or I would certainly trade Buddy plus a few seconds for him straight up...

Ultimately, the goal is to find a way to get Dortz to the Kings without giving up a first or eating that Horford contract. Of the two, I'd take on Horford. Have been watching OKC and Horford is playing well.

I think if Monte decides to trade Buddy he can do better. Especially if the team continues to play above expectations. Lets see what it looks like as we approach the trade dead line. Just say no to any trade with OKC, Sam Presti is a Killer:)
Presti is a killer indeed. Dude keeps on churning out gems.

Watch Dortz and look at his salary over the next few years. Dude's a diamond. Stuffed Mitchell earlier this week and his offensive game is just starting to take off. He'd be perfect next to Swipa and Haliburton.

Presti is a killer indeed. Dude keeps on churning out gems.

Watch Dortz and look at his salary over the next few years. Dude's a diamond. Stuffed Mitchell earlier this week and his offensive game is just starting to take off. He'd be perfect next to Swipa and Haliburton.
Have not watched him much. Can he defend the BIG SF's? Say Lebron & Luka?

Have not watched him much. Can he defend the BIG SF's? Say Lebron & Luka?
The only ones he'll have issues with are the KD and MPJ types. The dudes that pretty much shoot over everyone.

The 6'7 to 6'8 types like Lebron, Kawahi, Butler...he'll be able to guard them. Dude's built like a fire hydrant. Can legit guard 1 to 3. Think of a 6'3 Artest. That's him.

OKC's window is when Buddy's contract ends, so the Kings would have to pay a lot. And if Dortz's shooting is just a hot start, there is so much risk in what the price of a trade is.
I'd rather the Kings find their own Lou Dortz. They got a few athletic young wings they can work with.

That's impressive stuff no doubt. that is some of the better on ball defense I've seen in quite some time. Considering Okc is building around SGA and future draft picks I'd say there is a zero percent chance they trade him for Hield or anyone else over the age of 25.
I'm not quite there yet, but in a month, if Bags continues to play low IQ ball, I'd offer Bags + Buddy for Dort + Horford + one of OKC's 20 first round draft picks. Would love to find a way to steal Bazely from them as well, but they likely rate Bazely higher than Bags at this point.

I feel pretty comfortable saying that the Kings found their second cornerstone in Haliburton. Here are some of the players, who I'd like to see run next to them:

1. Lu Dort. Trade. Because of the reason stated already.
2. Lonzo Ball. RFA. The ball movement with Haliburton and Ball would be insane.
3. Gary Trent. RFA. 3 and D. Similar to Dort, but not quite as high.
4. Jarret Allen. RFA. Basically what WCS should've been.
5. Trey Lyles. UFA. Long 3/4 type, who can shoot.
6. Otto Porter Jr. UFA. Still only 28..
7. Doug McDermott. UFA. A more three version of Bjelly.
8. Nerlens Noel. UFA. Back up 5. Better feet than Whiteside, so can play in the current defensive system.
9. Alex Len. UFA. Back up 5.
10. Mo Harkless. UFA. 3 and D. Jumbo 3 and D.

I'm not quite there yet, but in a month, if Bags continues to play low IQ ball, I'd offer Bags + Buddy for Dort + Horford + one of OKC's 20 first round draft picks. Would love to find a way to steal Bazely from them as well, but they likely rate Bazely higher than Bags at this point.
You lost me here. So, in a month, if you don't like where Bagley's at, you'd trade Buddy and Bags for Dort? Nuts.
I would trade Buddy for Dort and an expiring, however. Same goes for DiVincenzo. EIther one would be a big risk for the Kings in case they never develop into a consistent scorer, especially after defenses have had a chance to adjust to their game. Maybe too big a risk. But I'd go that far to bring big time defense to our young back court.

You lost me here. So, in a month, if you don't like where Bagley's at, you'd trade Buddy and Bags for Dort? Nuts.
I would trade Buddy for Dort and an expiring, however. Same goes for DiVincenzo. EIther one would be a big risk for the Kings in case they never develop into a consistent scorer, especially after defenses have had a chance to adjust to their game. Maybe too big a risk. But I'd go that far to bring big time defense to our young back court.
Yea, I'm giving Bags another month to improve. The things he needs to improve on, they're fixable. Between the ears. Right now, the Kings would be lucky to get a late first for Bags when factoring in his contract (he's not cheap as the 2nd pick) and the number of control years left.

As for Dort, the Kings get him and they're easily in the playoffs.