[Game] Game 8: Sacramento Kings @ Dallas Mavericks, 11/11/14 5:30 PST 8:30 EST

Kings record for the season:

• Total voters
Am I surprised we're going to lose to the Mavs? No. But I am disappointed in how we lost. And now I'm starting to pray those first few games weren't a crazy fluke.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Sessions with 0 assists?? How is that even possible. What happened to Jason Thompson? He has been playing awful. These Referees did not give the Away team fair treatment this game.

Yeah who was that genius who said Tyson Chandler had no chance against Cousins? Players like Chandler are EXACTLY the type of people who frustrate Cousins. Big and athletic and get the benefit of a lot of whistles because of their reputations.

Just a punch to the gut of the fans and all the players. i really hope the team stays composed in the locker room. Because this was ugly and the body language in the 2nd half was really bad

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is the concern I have as well; everything is smooth sailing, when we're winning. During the five-game winning streak, everybody was playing for each other, everybody was willing to make the extra pass, everybody was hustling on defense, everybody was fighting for rebounds, nobody was sweating their touches. As soon as we start to have problems, we revert to type.
This team has been together less than two weeks, not counting the pre-season. I think that "reverting to type" is exactly what you would expect from a team that hasn't learned yet how to deal with adversity.

So, if we lose on Thursday, we are 5-4. Not such a great record.
For that matter the Kings could easily have a a losing record a week from now.

The question of whether this Sacramento team was for real isn't going to be answered until they really struggle and we see how they react to that. I'd say tonight qualifies and the early returns aren't good.

Hoping for a much better showing on Thursday.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This team has been together less than two weeks, not counting the pre-season. I think that "reverting to type" is exactly what you would expect from a team that hasn't learned yet how to deal with adversity.
That has to be put on coaching, to a large extent. As much credit as Malone has deserved in the wins, you have to look at him when the team is falling apart like this.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Big picture here -- this isn't a game we were expected to win. Dallas is a solid playoff team this season and they're coming off a tough home loss to Miami. We should have expected them to play up tonight. Having such a big lead and blowing it hurts, but the strong play of McLemore continues. Despite the mental miscues in the fourth, Rudy had a solid all-around game. We were playing without Cousins much of the night and Collison was out injured so we didn't have our full defense going either. And despite being called for 32 fouls we were still right in this until a couple key plays put it out of reach in the last 2 or 3 minutes of the game. It feels a lot worse than it was. Our bench needs to get better but you know what? Coming off 8 straight losing seasons I can accept that we still have a few holes left to plug in our rotation. Our starting unit is something special when they're playing together. I still think we're going to get a good game on Thursday against Memphis.

K

KingMilz

We should have been 7-1 but lazy basketball and stupid fouls means we are 5-3 heading into tough opponents

We need some guys to step as a "man" and show some mental fortitude and composure. It's not there yet from our designated "leaders"

Yeah who was that genius who said Tyson Chandler had no chance against Cousins? Players like Chandler are EXACTLY the type of people who frustrate Cousins. Big and athletic and get the benefit of a lot of whistles because of their reputations.
Historically Cousins has had the most trouble with big, strong opponents rather than long, athletic ones. Z-Bo & Gasol, Pekovic, Jefferson etc.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That has to be put on coaching, to a large extent. As much credit as Malone has deserved in the wins, you have to look at him when the team is falling apart like this.
There's enough blame to go around. Bdouble013 is on Twitter right now, taking the blame because he tuned in late and the lead started to evaporate the moment he did. I'm not that worried ... yet.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The irony, of course, is that McLemore developing into a perimeter threat has inexplicably somehow made it harder for Cousins to get good looks inside.
Our two starting guards combined for 0 assists.

Our entire guardline combhined for 2 assists.

Our entire lineup outside of Cuz and Rudy combined for 4 assists.

Hence not Cuz nor any other big guy stands much of a chance of getting the ball comfortably.

Yes AND to missing their floor general tonight. When it was good fine, but when it started to go off the rails there was no one on court to right the ship.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I've always been perplexed by something: G-Man will try to get a player from the opposing team to interview on the radio, after a loss, and the opposing team will often refuse to provide someone. But, what I've never been clear on is why the radio wants to do that in the first place?