[Game] Game 8: Sacramento Kings @ Dallas Mavericks, 11/11/14 5:30 PST 8:30 EST

Kings record for the season:

• Total voters
I think that Session will able to fulfill some of Collison's role in this guy, let's not forget that Sessions is a decent player, maybe this game is what he needs so he can get in to a rhythm.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kind of pisses me off. yes yes, Big D, scary.

Not.

This was a winnable game against a bunch of old defenseless sofites who are now 4-3 and getting slapped around at home by EC teams. Stopping them from scoring will be a chore, but its something we have suddenly been doing. Smashing them at the other end is entirely possible. But you lose Collison, and all of a sudden that chasm we have behind him/lack of guard depth can completely screw us. I'm just going to join the crew hoping that this plays out like the Denver game and tough circumstances actually benefit us by waking up guys who have been struggling. Its going to annoy me though if that doesn't happen. I wanted strength on strength here, and to beat them and strengthen our claim to legitimacy.

Im hoping that the Kings get off to a better start than they did the last game. Gonna need Cousins to have a A game. Rudy too, because there will be scoring going on. I look forward to seeing the new and improved McLemore draining shots from the outside and playing that good defense ! Lets hope that loss in OKC leaves a bad taste in their mouth and they come out swinging in Dallas.

P.S. if you are reading this Mr Malone... Let RAYMAC play and leave the Therapy Sessions on the bench...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
What's this I'm hearing about Collison being doubtful? oh boy...we are in trouble. It doesn't help that history is not on our side, I don't know the Kings have won in Dallas since...2003? or 2004? correct me if I'm wrong. Just hope to see them compete, I don't expect a win here.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
So people don't think Ramon is going to go all Wally Pip on Darren Collison here?

Am I reading the room correctly?

If someone would just take a stand on this Sessions guy...

Playing with the starters could end up kick starting him... If one wanted to look at the bright side a bit, once could look at it that way.

Well, either he gets kick started by playing with the starters or he will bring them down with him. The key will be how well he defends pick and rolls, if he does a poor job doing that I expect alot of penetration and foul trouble for the bigs.

There is a potential positive to this Sessions starting situation:

IF Cuz/Rudy are able to hold their own against the Dallas starters and keep us close or in the lead, our bench will probably be more successful than it has been this season, with McCallum in the bench unit instead of Sessions.....

I am a pessimist by nature (so take this with a grain of salt)... I have a not so good feeling about this game since Collison isn't playing and this feeling mostly stems from Session's complete inability to run the team, especially feeding Cousins down low. I am calling a blowout loss. Fingers crossed that I am wrong..

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
The Mavericks defense is pretty bad, so there is a chance we might be able to outscore them if we can contain guard penetration. Chandler Parsons is also looking like one of the worst max contract players in the NBA right now.

Ramons offense has been pretty bad. Hes been awful at setting up his teammates. The ball stalls when he's out there.

His defense has been atrocious. So slow and lazy.

I really hope he picks it up tonight

i hope beating the Zone was an emphasis for the team yesterday
1) Attack inside out
2) Post inside, attack towards the rim
3) Rebound since no man-to-man means opponent not boxing out as much
4) Get out in transition off defensive rebounds before zone setup
5) Pass side to side, less dribble - lots less

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I presume there is going to be a lot of notes bagging on Sessions. If that's what this thread turns into, I think I'll take a nap.
I have to agree. It takes away a lot of the fun (at least how I look at fun) of the game thread if it's always about bashing our own instead of rooting for them.

I presume there is going to be a lot of notes bagging on Sessions. If that's what this thread turns into, I think I'll take a nap.
That would depend on how he plays. Let's go kings!

Btw, who was that guy the other day who said that the last time he watched was the first game and that the only games he's watched are the ones vs the Warriors and thunder. ...hope he doesn't watch. :)