[Game] Game 60: Sacramento Kings @ Orlando Magic, 3/6/15 - 4 pst, 7 est

Don't get the D-Will hate. Yeah the guy's been awful most of the year but these few games under Karl he's been our second best player off the bench after Andre Miller.
Still can't rebound, but all of sudden Derrick started hitting shots: 44% on 3pt, 81% on FTs vs 27% and 65% pre-Karl. If it's indicative of his real ability and not just really hot streak after really cold one, he might then be pretty complete off-the-ball scorer. Now if he learned, how to defend SF position, where his lack of rebounding is not that troubling...

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
once again Cousins shows how incapable he is at finishing inside....he got away with a travel anyways so justice was served in due time.
He had four defenders on him, that's not an easy shot . He should have passed out for the open jumper.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
He had four defenders on him, that's not an easy shot . He should have passed out for the open jumper.
When the top center in the game gets the rock within 2ft of the rim, you don't pass out. Period. Cuz just has to convert that.

Four defenders and he still got a good look right at the rim. It's on him.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
When the top center in the game gets the rock within 2ft of the rim, you don't pass out. Period. Cuz just has to convert that.

It did seem like a shot he normally makes. I don't think it was a bad play call. At the point his initial move didn't work though and the entire defense collapsed, you have 4 open players on the perimeter standing around watching. Passing it out for the open jumper is the smarter play at that point. There was time on the clock. The defenders are going to go into full panic close-out mode to prevent a three and Boogie is already in great rebounding position.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Dang, we couldn't beat Orlando without their best player (I guess that is debatable).....

Cousins, Rudy, that's really all we got. DC coming back next season will be huge.... but besides that we need a lot of upgrades on our roster.

We have two guys that would start on any team. The rest of our starters would be benchers, and our bench players are all d-leaguers.

This is what happens when you let talent bleed, draft poorly (Nik over Payton), and make bad signings (Landry).

I still like our chances going forward.... we have a nice core signed long-term (Cuz, Rudy, DC) and a great coach... but we need to have a heck of an off season.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

Thank you. It's not as if this is the first time he's had defenders draped around him and he misses point blank lay ups...it's infuriating. I miss when he just slammed it on people...he hardly does it anymore.

At some point this front office will learn you don't win games when you give up over 110.

4 of their 5 losses under karl have given up more than that and the 5th loss they gave up 107. We've also been beaten by double figures in almost all the losses.

On the flip side when they've held the other teams scoring down they've won. Go figure.

Yet once again all we hear about is offense leading to good d, our rank in fast break points, etc.

Very frustrating.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Dang, we couldn't beat Orlando without their best player (I guess that is debatable).....

Cousins, Rudy, that's really all we got. DC coming back next season will be huge.... but besides that we need a lot of upgrades on our roster.

We have two guys that would start on any team. The rest of our starters would be benchers, and or bench players are all d-leaguers.
for all the scoring Rudy brings...he equally returns with terrible defensive awareness. He has been getting lit up on numerous times this years versus small forwards and I'm not talking about the top dog SF's either...his mentally just isn't there and he really hurts us on that end, it's clear as day.