[Game] Game 28: Sacramento Kings @ Golden State Warriors, 12/22/14. 7:30 PST, 10:30 EST

Jazz is...

• awesome

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • spiffy

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • awful

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • how we play basketball

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kingsfans.com Official Game Thread
Game 28
Sacramento Kings at Golden State Warriors

By Stephen Tetsu, possibly being traded for Amar'e Stoudemire.

A win! Sure, it was an incredibly underwhelming performance against one of the least impressive teams in the NBA led by perhaps the shotchuckiest player in the NBA. But it was a win, meaning the streak is over (At least for a night) and the front office can go home happy, feeling that their vision of NBA 3.0 is successfully intact to live another day.

Kobe Bryant is now the NBA equivalent of a broken race horse with a wrecked leg, a proud beast now needing desperately to be put out of its misery, if only to keep him from shooting the ball 30 times a night. (It should be noted the only reason he didn't get to 40 shots on the night was because he kept turning the ball over when he wasn't taking ill-advised turnaround jumpers with 15 on the shot clock.)

Also, we suck after the three minute mark in games. Every night.

The View From the Other Side
Too tired to fish the opinions up for you. Here's a link if you're feeling adventurous.

Tonight's Game

Even being the best team in the NBA can't make you look cool in sleeves.

Our opponents tonight are the Warriors. The Warriors are far and away the best team in the NBA this year. The Warriors are very good at basketball.

The Kings are, well, something at basketball.

The Warriors are, however, coming off a string of injuries, with Boogie-stoper Andrew Bogut having his yearly injury a little early compared to his usual March debilitating injury. Without him, the Warriors will have to rely on un-Bogut-y players up front to contend with Demarcus's strength and destructive capabilities, which bodes well for the Kings.

The Warrior are expecting to get David Lee back, something that most people seem to be thinking is a bad thing for the team following the emergence of altogether utility man Draymond Green./////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

G

GQ_Gabriel

I'm hoping for a big game from our big man, DeMarcus. Golden State seems to be a bad matchup for him, Bogut certainly gives him fits. I want to see him come out, get to the foul line, and be aggressive. Ultimately, Ben McLemore is going to be key. If he can contain Klay and provide some offense for us (15-20 points), we have a much better chance of winning.

I'm hoping for a big game from our big man, DeMarcus. Golden State seems to be a bad matchup for him, Bogut certainly gives him fits. I want to see him come out, get to the foul line, and be aggressive. Ultimately, Ben McLemore is going to be key. If he can contain Klay and provide some offense for us (15-20 points), we have a much better chance of winning.
Bogut is out.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This again comes down to Boogie, as almost everything does. No Bogut is huge. But David Lee has actually bothered him at times in the past, which is a mystery. And the real thing of course is how his body responds to the back to back. If he's fresh enough to reach down again...well, we probably still lose, but we'd be attacking them exactly where they are weak. If he doesn't have his legs...well our little guys are not going to beat their little guys without Cuz out there drawing a lot of attention his way.

Win here would be pretty sweet in reestablishing some of what was lost. But its asking a lot.

Without Bogut, this should be a Boogie classic. But i've said this before in games where he should dominate, and gets in silly foul trouble or something else happens. so we'll see.

With David Lee coming back, hopefully he screws up the Warriors chemistry a bit

If have more faith if Malone was here with his defense. Him leaving and the defense looking like the 76ers should tell you something. I'm looking at you malone haters.

Anyways if the lakers can put 59 in a half in us and the bucks can rain 3s this one might get out if hand fast.

The Kings can hurt them inside. Speights is their key defensive big in the absence of Bogut. He fouls a lot. If Cuz gets him in foul trouble, Warriors' defense becomes even weaker.
Need a great effort on defensive end from McLemore and Collison.

All in all, just put up a fight.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
No Bogut so DeMarcus should have a good game inside, don't bail them out if they are going to guard you with Ezeli or David Lee. I wonder how many three's the Dubs will make on us tonight...this game could get ugly I'm afraid. Even though Iguodala doesn't start, Gay struggles against him mightily. Need to see a lot of DeMarcus and slow this game down, can't play run and gun with them. Not expecting much...will watch until we are no longer competitive.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Please play Casspi. Green and Speights = perimeter oriented undersized bigs.

Was looking forward to seeing Demarcus get revenge for that cheap shot elbow to his face by Bogut last year that didnt get called, unfortunately hes injured again.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Meh, I'd take Memphis, OKC, and SA over the Warriors in a playoff series. Far and away the best team in the NBA they are not.
They have to prove it in the playoffs, that is where teams are measured. Warriors are the flavor of the month until they can get into the championship.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Sure he's going to struggle: nobody on Golden State plays in a manner conducive to what Thompson is good at stopping. But, who else would he guard?