Funny Kobe quote

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
In case you were wondering who really runs the team:

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Postgame_Quotesvs_LA_Lakers-138276-58.html

On whether the team would have been different with a healthy Vlade Divac all season:
“It would have made it a lot easier for everybody. His basketball IQ is at such a high level. His understanding, feel for the game, and his passing. It just opens the floor for everybody. I love playing with him. A couple of practices ago I switched myself to the second unit just to play with him. It’s fun playing with him.”

Looks like in addition to roster moves, Kobe is now in charge of practices as well.... :)

Warhawk said:

On whether the team would have been different with a healthy Vlade Divac all season:
“It would have made it a lot easier for everybody. His basketball IQ is at such a high level. His understanding, feel for the game, and his passing. It just opens the floor for everybody. I love playing with him. A couple of practices ago I switched myself to the second unit just to play with him. It’s fun playing with him.”

Looks like in addition to roster moves, Kobe is now in charge of practices as well.... :)
On MY list of " players I can't stand " he is" numuro uno "

Warhawk said:

awww aint that just so sweet.... :)

hehehe

Actually have the Lakers last win against the depleated Sonics by 23...Vlade had A LOT to do with their win...they were cutting all over the place getting easy open bucket after easy open bucket...and Laker fans were like "wow! If only we had Vlade all season"

On whether the Lakers-Kings rivalry is still there:
“No, it’s completely different now. Now you have Kenny Thomas and Brian Skinner out there playing. The only one(s) that are there from the rivalry days are Mike Bibby and Peja. You’re talking about (Doug) Christie, Chris (Webber), and Vlade plays for us now. It’s not much of a rivalry.”

Doesn't understand the definition of rivalry or just plain self-centered...

I guess Kobe thinks the rivalry is only ONE WAY. Doesn't mention any of the players/coach that have left LA.

Look at the Boston/Yankee rivalry - started many-many years ago and is as much alive today as it was 40-50-60-70 years ago.

Stanford/Berkeley rivalry ... another example.
Giants/Dodgers ... same thing.

Guess by now you all know how I feel about LA/Sac-Town rivalry ... it'll never go away as far as I'm concerned. I expect our Kings to kick their little behinds all the way back to LA ... EVERY SINGLE GAME (even after our King's get a ring)!!!

on the other hand, imagine what Kobe's remarks would'a been had they won ..... not much to get all pumped-up about if your team just plain sux !!!

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

i think our rivalry was more player driven than anything else... without shaq talking smack it isnt really fun... like the mavs without nash.... its just not the same....

AriesMar27 said:
i think our rivalry was more player driven than anything else... without shaq talking smack it isnt really fun... like the mavs without nash.... its just not the same....
I cant agree with you. I hate the Lakers always have...always will.

A

AriesMar27

Heuge said:
i really dont hate the lakers... never really did... it was just shaq.... i loved the competeitiveness of the games but i never hated the lakers..... being a kings fan living in los angeles.... it was easier to not hate them because i saw the bandwagon laker fans all the time.... i knew how stupid they were so i never had a reason to hate them or the team, because the minute that the lakers start losing the fans are gone.... kings fans never had that problem.... so there was never an issue with whether they were true fans or not.... no one is claiming to be a laker fan in la except the true fans.... who were there in the down years... pre phil/shaq/kobe years.....

i got no beef with the lakers...

AriesMar27 said:
I hate the Lakers and I always like for teams to beat them and for us to beat them...and the rivalry is slightly dead but to the Kings fans and LAL fans I think the rivalry still lives on...we each love to beat the crap out of each other...

and as for the Mavs...

I think that rivalry is more so still there than that with the LAL...I hate the Mavs and lately they've been taking HUGE steps in trying to pass the Lakers (in my mind) for my most hated team...we have a lot of new guys and they have a lot of new guys but just look at our last 3 games against them...one their was the controversial goaltend that got us all heated and Mavs fans all snickering the third to last game featured a Brad Miller take down of poor lil Devin Harris in the back court a play that us as Kings fans loved to see but Mavs fans thought it was dirty and just plain mean...then the last game with OUR new guys featured two flagarant fouls, a Dirk spike of the ball into the stands a hell of a lot of boo'ing...

I HATE THE MAVS (and their fans) AND THE LAKERS (and their fans) ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!!!!!

I'm definetly not gonna go out of my way to bury the hatchet with fans that hate us just the same

Heuge said:
you may hate the lakers....but that dont mean the players hate each other. the rivalries dead as far as the players are concerned. the media only sees fit to ask the lakers about the rivalry, but i bet if you ask either bibby or peja, they'll tell it like kobe did. it aint the same. the only people keeping it alive are the fans. just let it go.....

and there's no reason to fret. the kings play the kinda basketball that's perfectly set up for a rivalry. we may not have "crosstwon rivals" anymore. i mean, it aint like boston and LA play in the same state, they dont even play in the same conference, but that was a damn good rivalry in the 80's. just be patient...there'll come a time when rivalry will breathe again for the kings.

That's an Interesting Stand ....

AriesMar27 said:
i really dont hate the lakers... never really did... it was just shaq.... i loved the competeitiveness of the games but i never hated the lakers..... being a kings fan living in los angeles.... it was easier to not hate them because i saw the bandwagon laker fans all the time.... i knew how stupid they were so i never had a reason to hate them or the team, because the minute that the lakers start losing the fans are gone.... kings fans never had that problem.... so there was never an issue with whether they were true fans or not.... no one is claiming to be a laker fan in la except the true fans.... who were there in the down years... pre phil/shaq/kobe years.....

i got no beef with the lakers...
I agree ..... PRE "Phillip/Shrek/Cryant" years .... I wasn't hatin' on the Lakers.

But, I'm hatin' on them now ... even though it's a new era

Kobe is usually such a slick, say-the-right-thing interview. He always puts forth the cliche team plattitudes, paints a rosy, up-beat view of what's going on with team. This is the first instance I can recall where he verbally exposes his true nature (although his play on the court should be all the proof you need as to his self-centered nature).

Personally, I think a rivalry is more than just about the players...true rivalries are passed down from generation to generation. The players may not even care about it anymore, but the fans continue to care. The players may not think the rivalry exists anymore, but as long as the fans still hate the other team the rivalry exists.

Being a big Giants fan, I when I think of rivalries I (of course) think of the Giants and Dodgers. For the most part, the players from the two teams don't necessarily dislike eachother but every Giants fan hates the Dodgers and vis-versa. It has been that way forever and will continue to be that way.

The fact that there are different players on the teams doesn't mean that much to me...I still hate the Lakers.

Rivalries have a lot more to do with the fans and the city, IMO, and that will carry on. I still hate the Lakers and I'm sure LA fans still hate us; even after their therapists' advised them to be above it all

The players will get more into it once playing each other means something. We're on different paths right now and the games against each other don’t have the same kind of significance.

AriesMar27 said:
True, but Dirk and Finley give us more than enough reasons to still hate that team!