Free Agency

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
gets us down to Lee, Crabbe, Anderson, Rondo for the most part, all guys who we have confirmed interest in and have made contact with, as opposed to just those of us on this board thinking a guy would be swell.

Oh...and Dion "The Man" Waiters.

gets us down to Lee, Crabbe, Anderson, Rondo for the most part, all guys who we have confirmed interest in and have made contact with, as opposed to just those of us on this board thinking a guy would be swell.

Oh...and Dion "The Man" Waiters.
Maybe the Waiters talk is smokescreen to drive down Crabbe's price? Probably wishful thinking.

Moore to the Pelicans and talk of them pitching Rondo. We've been talking about it taking Gay to get Reke but what if it really is so cheap as Koufos for Tyreke? Seems like they're bringing in guards and wings not sure that shows much interest in keeping reke. Id rather have him than Monte if we're trading for guard help.

Real story behind baze (besides he actually took less) is that HOUSTAN AND LAKERS (aka crazy and crazy's brother) offered 72 mil contracts.
That makes them our competitors big time.

Even $72 is $18 on average per year but starts lower actually at 15.3 (17.1, 18.9, 20.7) but the cap goes ups again next year so FOCUS on market value now 15.3.

Sac.kings talks about Ryno for $20, but with what his and lee for starting at 15.3 we might should be able to afford them both (as it seems that is the direction we are going)

This fan base REALLY loves Tyreke haha I do too to an extent. It's like that girl that you dated and years passed you got married and had kids but you'll always have a place in your heart for. To much? Lol.

Would you trade Bmac for Tyreke straight up, and then sign Waiters? Screw it, let's bring back any former King on the market. Calling Marcus Thorton hahaha.

This fan base REALLY loves Tyreke haha I do too to an extent. It's like that girl that you dated and years passed you got married and had kids but you'll always have a place in your heart for. To much? Lol.
We saw greatness for a second... 20/5/5 as a 19yr old rookie, thought he was gonna star here for the next decade.

Nbatv says horford may have. 4 yr deal with Boston
Hopefully this slows down all the "lets trade cuz to Boston" crapola

I was HOPIng we are first in line to absorb sefolosha's contract when they need to clear space for horford but no dice

Joe Johnson 2yrs $22mil to Jazz.

Now there was an afforable option that actually might have made sense and I had forgotten was on the market.
If you want to go that route.

There is a Point Guard by the name of Deron Williams that is the same type of talent (i.e. Older, Former All-star, but still can contribute) that could be had for a similar contract. ;)

Deron Williams could be a capable stop-gap PG for 2 years.

Bricklayer

If you want to go that route.

There is a Point Guard by the name of Deron Williams that is the same type of talent (i.e. Older, Former All-star, but still can contribute) that could be had for a similar contract. ;)

Deron Williams could be a capable stop-gap PG for 2 years.
bone on bone knees.

We may have decided not to do it, but if you are going to go that route WHY NOT RAJON RONDO??? Works well with Cuz even.

But Joerger has to be involved back here at some point. Now thus far if he has been I've been horribly unimpressed with virtually everything we've done since he arrived, but still, he's going to have his favorites and not so favorites and I think you have to cater to those....unless they are Deron Williams/Derrick Rose level wrecks.

Our PG position was really not a weakness last year. Its going to be a shame if we turn it into one again.

bone on bone knees.

We may have decided not to do it, but if you are going to go that route WHY NOT RAJON RONDO??? Works well with Cuz even.

But Joerger has to be involved back here at some point. Now thus far if he has been I've been horribly unimpressed with virtually everything we've done since he arrived, but still, he's going to have his favorites and not so favorites and I think you have to cater to those....unless they are Deron Williams/Derrick Rose level wrecks.

Our PG position was really not a weakness last year. Its going to be a shame if we turn it into one again.
I just hope Rajon is not seeking a $20+ mil a year contract.

If Rajon is willing to take a "reasonable" $14 to $16 mil a year contract, he will probably be back.

If he is seeking a near max money, then bye-bye Rajon.

Right now I would be ok to bring in a group of former Grizzlies: Chalmers, Stephenson and Barnes.
My expectations are getting lower every minute...

Bricklayer

Btw, any thought about Tyler Johnson? Honestly I don't know him a lot, but I'd still prefer him over Waiters.
Nothing player who has the great advantage of not being Dion Waiters. And of actually hitting the shots he takes.

thing is...the Dion Waiters thing jsut bothers the hell out of me, but there are only two possible excuses I can see. One, somebody, whether Vlade or Joerger saw the playoffs and were impressed that Waiters could actually play defense when FA money was on the line(!), and we need a SG who can play defense. 2) we're planning on dumping Rudy and desperately want to find an aggressive SG who can get his own shot, hence the Waiters/Ellis rumors. Ok, now in both cases I consider Waiters' record of failure a collossal don't do it! red flag, but they kind of make sense. He is a guy who plays 1 on 1 and might be able to play defense if he ever pulled his head out, maybe.

And that puts him on an entirely different track -- basically he's a failed would be star -- than a shooting roleplayer like Johnson who knows his role and sticks within it.