Free Agency Open Thread (NBA and Kings!)

Darren Collison agrees to a two-year 20 million dollar contract with the Indiana Pacers
Well that's too bad, I was hoping the Kings might resign Collison for shooting - so that leaves Lawson. It'll be interesting if they're willing to go into the season with 2 rookie PGs - maybe they are.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I won't miss Collison. He's fine... but that's about it.

I would love what KD was doing... if he wasn't doing it for the *******ing Warriors. I hate that team. I hate their bandwagon. I hate their arrogance. I wish he was discounting any other team in the league, but it happens to be those jerks so I hate it.

I won't miss Collison. He's fine... but that's about it.

I would love what KD was doing... if he wasn't doing it for the *******ing Warriors. I hate that team. I hate their bandwagon. I hate their arrogance. I wish he was discounting any other team in the league, but it happens to be those jerks so I hate it.
The bandwagon is certainly festering....I see jerseys in more places than I care to....

I am glad Collison signed elsewhere. We need more defense at PG and he wasn't going to provide it. We need lobs to Skal Papa G and Willie and he did not make that pass often enough. Good luck to Darren but it was best to part ways. Lawson is another story. I think we can get him on the cheap, maybe 2 / 12 with partial guarantee on second season. Ty is a good fit for us and can mentor our rookie PGs.

Lawson is the one who was going to be cheap and be the better distributor, and that reputation still holds his value down. I was thinking 5 a year, might not be that. Has he even gotten a bite in FA yet?

Collison, I thought he was solid and underrated. Dude disappointed me post Cousins. I said I thought he could become a primary option and lead a semi-playoff run when he wasn't traded at the deadline. So much for that..

Lawson is the one who was going to be cheap and be the better distributor, and that reputation still holds his value down. I was thinking 5 a year, might not be that. Has he even gotten a bite in FA yet?

Collison, I thought he was solid and underrated. Dude disappointed me post Cousins. I said I thought he could become a primary option and lead a semi-playoff run when he wasn't traded at the deadline. So much for that..
Some rumors said he went to NO to meet with them, not sure what happened though

Chris Haynes‏Verified account@ChrisBHaynes 17m17 minutes ago
More
Reporting with @MarcJSpearsESPN: ESPN sources say Sacramento offered Washington restricted free-agent Otto Porter the max.

It's happening....

Darren Collison agrees to a two-year 20 million dollar contract with the Indiana Pacers
Yesterday, I accidentally hit reply to the above picture of Kristen Wiig and can't figure out to get rid of it. Fortunately I sort of like her.

Back to Collison signing with the Pacers, good for him, I never heard anything about the Kings showing interest in resigning him. I have heard interest in Lawson which I like as a backup, and Livingston which would be good if not already signed.

Yesterday, I accidentally hit reply to the above picture of Kristen Wiig and can't figure out to get rid of it. Fortunately I sort of like her.

Back to Collison signing with the Pacers, good for him, I never heard anything about the Kings showing interest in resigning him. I have heard interest in Lawson which I like as a backup, and Livingston which would be good if not already signed.
unfortunately he already resigned with the warriors, on a very team friendly deal. i guess when you're winning championships you dont mind giving up a little money like durant and livingston. iggy on the other hand...

Lawson met with the Pelicans I believe.

Lawson met with the Pelicans I believe.
They were interested in his last off-season as well but he chose Sacramento.

It does look like the PG stocks are declining now. Hopefully we can keep Lawson on a reasonable deal, even if it is one year with a pretty big $$$ attached to it. Collison got $10m per season and I would be comfortable with a similar deal with Lawson. If Lawson chooses to go elsewhere, then I am hoping that we sign Shelvin Mack.

Otto Porter is our "big fish" and I hope Washington doesn't match but I just can't see how they wouldn't.

Randolph also looks to be going elsewhere so PP is our most likely option at PF.

I wonder how Tolliver is doing.. he was pissed on social media about being dropped from that second year even though it was partially guaranteed. I didn't know why because after the year he had I thought he was going to get a solid multi year deal.. he might even be available at minimal salary towards the end, although maybe Bridges are burned

Jordan Schultz

✔@Schultz_Report

#Raptors still trying to trade DeMarre Carroll as a salary dump, source says. Not surprisingly, they haven't found any suitors yet.

5:54 AM - 3 Jul 2017

id take him if we strike out on porter, especially if they add a pick.
Damaged goods owed 14.8M and 15.4M. Carroll can't play. Coming off his worst season. He has to get healthy to become who he was in ATL and I don't even know if that is possible. There's no team who will touch that contract.

Damaged goods owed 14.8M and 15.4M. Carroll can't play. Coming off his worst season. He has to get healthy to become who he was in ATL and I don't even know if that is possible. There's no team who will touch that contract.
It's only 2 years and the sf crop is getting thin. If we get a pick with him I'm fine with him over others like snell.