Free Agency Open Thread (NBA and Kings!)

Yep, agreed. With Hill on board and Joegers history with the rookies, this could drastically cut down Fox 's minutes.
Maybe we should just trust our coach and coaching stuff. I'm pretty sure they know how to manage rookies. They did a pretty good job last year if I remember well. Fox is 19. I think it's just great if he can learn from a true pro like Hill for a couple of years, getting his 18-20 mins per game and be ready to take over when he's 21.

I love these moves! Great veterans added to the team, and especially Hill a guy who is one of the best free agents this summer. Amazon we could get him, I'm sure the wind is changing.

We are signing both Hill and Zach Randolph per Woj!
It's so different with vlade. Brings back memories of Petrie. I did not see the hill signing at all. Saw him visiting other teams like minny or lakers and maybe a blurb with our name tossed in with a bunch of others that might need him. Randolph I saw we were interested in also but didn't see any meetings and the Jason jones tweet about it being unlikely. Part of me likes reading rumors of us linked to free agents but part of me like how vlade is keeping his fo in check with less leaks

Hill had a nagging injury into the playoffs - hopefully he's healed. I still would've liked Lawson - that's gone; I can't think they're gonna start Hill over Fox. Hill is a good shooter and decent playmaker. He's a steady hand on offense.
My preference was a really good sf then vet pf and pg that will mentor the rooks but won't mind taking a back seat. Like others I wonder how this effects porter

Maybe we should just trust our coach and coaching stuff. I'm pretty sure they know how to manage rookies. They did a pretty good job last year if I remember well. Fox is 19. I think it's just great if he can learn from a true pro like Hill for a couple of years, getting his 18-20 mins per game and be ready to take over when he's 21.

I love these moves! Great veterans added to the team, and especially Hill a guy who is one of the best free agents this summer. Amazon we could get him, I'm sure the wind is changing.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I really like the signing. I'm just really high on Fox. I would love to see him get 30 min a night, trial by fire you know. That's the fan in me, the rational side of me sees this as better in the long run, learn behind Hill, step up for injuries and be ready to take the reigns in a couple years.

Agree. Also, Hill just played about 50 games last season. He is injury prone and will miss games again, opening up more time for Fox. And not to forget, he can play with Fox as well.

As I said before, the West has gotten so brutal that you can just throw Fox and company to the wolves. They would get eaten alive. Make them earn their minutes against backups and protect their confidence.

Can't hate the move. I know we all wanted to see fox play 40 minutes a game a game and so on. But throwing rookies into the gauntlet immediately usually always leads them to develop poor habits that they don't shake during their careers. Fox is lightning fast, but with a shaky jump shot I could see him forcing a ton of bad possessions simply by getting out of control or running into double teams or traps. Hill is as good of a mentor as there is when healthy and was a hot commodity around the league. Assuming he plays great this year we should have no trouble trading him at the deadline next year and giving fox full control with a year of kinks worked out.