Free Agency Open Thread (NBA and Kings!)

I like Lawson a lot more anyway. I was more confident when the ball was in his hands. even when Cousins was here, good things happened the second Ty would enter the game
Only consideration with Lawson is he had a hamstring pull later in the season which is not good, but hopefully he's healed up.

Tyreke as a 6th man would be a great fit IMO. Knee injuries typically take 2 years to fully heal, he'd be a good player to play 1-3 off the bench and can teach Fox how to drive at will because he's definitely one of the best at that.

Tyreke as a 6th man would be a great fit IMO. Knee injuries typically take 2 years to fully heal, he'd be a good player to play 1-3 off the bench and can teach Fox how to drive at will because he's definitely one of the best at that.
It takes two years to recover from an ACL. Tyreke didn't tear his ACL. The concern with him is multiple procedures to clean up meniscus (cartilage). After a lot of wear and tear there is no cushion there. Its bone on bone. No timetable to recover from that. Tyreke is also a ball hog. There's no rehab procedure for that.

Dnilo to clippers in 2-way sign and trade (3 teams)

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
about 11 minutes ago
Sources: Clippers, Hawks, Nuggets working on trade of Danillo Gallinari to LA/Millsap to DEN; Jamal Crawford/Diamond Stone/FRP to Atlanta.

Oh and tyreke looked like he was running on sand thats 100% no.
Hmm. Rudy still searching for a home. What's the best he signs with Miami if Hayward doesn't pick them?

Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42
about 5 minutes ago
With cap space shrinking, sign and trades could be the new way on how teams do business in free agency now and in the future

Hopefully we are letting the market come to us i.e. best offer for a rudy sign and trade. The sf market is grtting considerately smaller. I honetly would be okay with samspon to at least a 2 way (or a contract if no other options present themselves)

Dnilo to clippers in 2-way sign and trade (3 teams)

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
about 11 minutes ago
Sources: Clippers, Hawks, Nuggets working on trade of Danillo Gallinari to LA/Millsap to DEN; Jamal Crawford/Diamond Stone/FRP to Atlanta.

Oh and tyreke is a me-first player tht looked like he was running on sand thats 100% no.
Jamal Crawford doesn't want to be there and will prob get bought out. So basically atl gets clippers pick from Houston that will prob be in the late 20s. I guess that's better than losing milsap for nothing, but not much better.

Sam Amick reports that a three-team deal is being finalized today that would send Gallinari to the Clippers, a second round pick (Hawks) to the Nuggets, and Crawford (expected to be bought out), Stone, a first-round pick, and cash considerations to the Hawks.

In regards to Jamal Crawford Chris Haynes and Mark Spears are reporting that the Golden State Warriors are the leaders for his services.

The rich get richer :(

In regards to Jamal Crawford Chris Haynes and Mark Spears are reporting that the Golden State Warriors are the leaders for his services.

The rich get richer :(
At this point, it's unfair and and borderline criminal.

Curry, Durant, Klay, Green, Iggy, Crawford, Livingston....plus their first round pick selection. Wow.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
At this point, it's unfair and and borderline criminal.

Curry, Durant, Klay, Green, Iggy, Crawford, Livingston....plus their first round pick selection. Wow.
as a Kings fan, why really worry about anything the Warriors are doing? By the time the Kings are ready to compete for consecutive postseason appearances, their star players will be on the decline. It's best to stick with what your team is doing and watch them grow IMO.

as a Kings fan, why really worry about anything the Warriors are doing? By the time the Kings are ready to compete for consecutive postseason appearances, their star players will be on the decline. It's best to stick with what your team is doing and watch them grow IMO.
Because while suffering through this rebuild, I want to watch some actual competitive basketball. A team like the Warriors just makes watching the NBA a lot less enjoyable.
I'm a Kings fan first, but I'm used to watch a lot of NBA basketball in general and having an almost entirely predictable outcome of the season ist just boring as hell.
Kudos to the Warriors FO though. They did some great work.

I don't like the Warriors. I don't like the Cavs. I hate the Rockets and OKC. Ugh really not looking forward to next season right now.
Spurs, Pel's, Celtics and if the Grizzlies stay together the Grizzlies are my only hope for some fun, besides watching 19-23 year olds losing games in a hopefully exciting fashion for the Kings....
And come Playoff time those teams are pretty much cannon fodder for Durant and company. :confused:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Because while suffering through this rebuild, I want to watch some actual competitive basketball. A team like the Warriors just makes watching the NBA a lot less enjoyable.
I'm a Kings fan first, but I'm used to watch a lot of NBA basketball in general and having an almost entirely predictable outcome of the season ist just boring as hell.
Kudos to the Warriors FO though. They did some great work.

I don't like the Warriors. I don't like the Cavs. I hate the Rockets and OKC. Ugh really not looking forward to next season right now.
Spurs, Pel's, Celtics and if the Grizzlies stay together the Grizzlies are my only hope for some fun, besides watching 19-23 year olds losing games in a hopefully exciting fashion for the Kings....
And come Playoff time those teams are pretty much cannon fodder for Durant and company. :confused:
I get what you are saying. I too want a competitive balance in the NBA because I am a fan of the game in general. I don't think you nor I can confidently say the Warriors will cake walk it to the NBA Finals this season. The West brought over a lot of all-star talent and that ought to make things more interesting among other teams if nothing else. Since you hate the Warriors so much do yourself a favor and simply don't tune in their games unless they are playing the Kings. I did so. I didn't watch a single Warriors game unless they were playing the Kings or Wizards and then I decided I'll watch the Finals. Other than that, I enjoyed watching the other teams at least make an interes

I get what you are saying. I too want a competitive balance in the NBA because I am a fan of the game in general. I don't think you nor I can confidently say the Warriors will cake walk it to the NBA Finals this season. The West brought over a lot of all-star talent and that ought to make things more interesting among other teams if nothing else. Since you hate the Warriors so much do yourself a favor and simply don't tune in their games unless they are playing the Kings. I did so. I didn't watch a single Warriors game unless they were playing the Kings or Wizards and then I decided I'll watch the Finals. Other than that, I enjoyed watching the other teams at least make an interes
Oh I did just that last season and ended up watching a lot less basketball overall. But that's just a walkaround not a fix. The NBA right now sadly is like the german football Bundesliga. It's one team floating above the rest, a couple of teams able to at least challenge the favourite a bit and that's it. A couple of years ago, when almost every western playoff series in the first round went to 7 games I said to my fellow football buddys, they should buy league pass, because the NBA still has competitive balance and is not like the Bundesliga, where Bayern Munich just dominates everything. And now we are looking at the Warriors.....

And I disagree - if healthy there is no team able to beat the Warriors over a 7 game series. They went 67-15 and lost 1 game in total in the Playoffs. They were actually really close to remain undefeated in the Playoffs.
They are an offensive and defensive juggernaut. And what's even worse - they are still pretty young. Worst case we are looking at the start of a 5-6 year dynasty, where I need to endure the antics of this boyscout Curry with his fluffy beard and childish grin. :mad:
The Jordan Bulls were a bad time for me. The big 3 miami were even worse. But this is a new all time low from my point of view.