Following 2019 draftees!!!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yep, this is one of the reasons i think Admiral Schofield is a match here. Would also love to see a C like Bruno Fernando in the mix, who had very nice measurements at the combine.
As you know, I like Fernando, but I think he goes somewhere between 25 and 35. I don't think he slides to us. Be nice if I was wrong though. I think Schofield falls into that same category. So I'm trying to be realistic about whom to target.

Rumor going around that OKC has promised Matisse Thybulle at #21, he also pulled out of the combine on the 2nd day... so...

OKC has been a team known to promise guys ahead of time for most of this decade, so there might be legs to it.

Rumor going around that OKC has promised Matisse Thybulle at #21, he also pulled out of the combine on the 2nd day... so...

OKC has been a team known to promise guys ahead of time for most of this decade, so there might be legs to it.
Would be predictable for them. He's like the second coming of Andre Roberson in the form of a 2/3 instead of 3/4.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Would be predictable for them. He's like the second coming of Andre Roberson in the form of a 2/3 instead of 3/4.
I suspect that eventually he'll be a far better shooter than Roberson. He has much better form and although he didn't shoot the ball particularly well this year, he did average around 37% from the three his first three years. Plus he an 80% free throw shooter, which usually bodes well for a players future shooting the three. For instance, Aaron Gordon shot around 42% from the free throw line in college. Sorry, I couldn't resist!:p

I could be wrong but I am just not a believer in Tybulle's 3pt shot, watched quite a few of his games since freshman year too... It's not Roberson status, but still i question if he will truly ever be better than decent from NBA range.

I could be wrong but I am just not a believer in Tybulle's 3pt shot, watched quite a few of his games since freshman year too... It's not Roberson status, but still i question if he will truly ever be better than decent from NBA range.
I see him very similar to Iman Shumpert, but not as strong. I think he can work into becoming a better 3pt shooter in time though.

Someone I've been really high on for a while now is Nikita Milhailovskii. He's 18 years old, born September 10, 2000 (wow we're in the 2000s). Russian SG/SF who's been getting minutes in the VTB Russian league. Here are his stats for this year which also include 5 games for his team's development team.

47 games
17.1mins: 7.74pts 2.79rebs 1.36asts 0.57stls 1.23tos
  • 49.6% FG 43.8% 3PT 84% FT
According to NBA Global measurements last year, he's 6'8 189lbs with a 6'7.5 wingspan.

He's an adequate athlete who can get up. Quickness and lateral speed are also solid. His main strength is that he's a very good shooter who's comfortable in the catch and shoot. He gets his shot off very quickly. While a bit limited right now, he shows potential as a slasher in down-hill attacks. He's surprisingly quick with the ball in his hands, but it's the change of direction with the ball that shows his shakiness as a ball handler. He does a good job absorbing contact and getting to the FT line. He's an unselfish player who does look for the extra pass when not open. Defensively, he needs to get stronger. He also lacks the length in wingspan that you'd like to see in a traditional SF. His feet move well suggesting he could guard SGs.

Again, he's another player I think should be ranked higher. He's ranked #62 in DX big board.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Someone I've been really high on for a while now is Nikita Milhailovskii. He's 18 years old, born September 10, 2000 (wow we're in the 2000s). Russian SG/SF who's been getting minutes in the VTB Russian league. Here are his stats for this year which also include 5 games for his team's development team.

47 games
17.1mins: 7.74pts 2.79rebs 1.36asts 0.57stls 1.23tos
  • 49.6% FG 43.8% 3PT 84% FT
According to NBA Global measurements last year, he's 6'8 189lbs with a 6'7.5 wingspan.

He's an adequate athlete who can get up. Quickness and lateral speed are also solid. His main strength is that he's a very good shooter who's comfortable in the catch and shoot. He gets his shot off very quickly. While a bit limited right now, he shows potential as a slasher in down-hill attacks. He's surprisingly quick with the ball in his hands, but it's the change of direction with the ball that shows his shakiness as a ball handler. He does a good job absorbing contact and getting to the FT line. He's an unselfish player who does look for the extra pass when not open. Defensively, he needs to get stronger. He also lacks the length in wingspan that you'd like to see in a traditional SF. His feet move well suggesting he could guard SGs.

Again, he's another player I think should be ranked higher. He's ranked #62 in DX big board.

I think that's why Samanic requested an invite to the combine, so NBA scouts and GM's could see him up against potential NBA players, and I think he helped himself, unfortunately for us. There's now talk that Luka has moved himself into first round conversations. There was no doubt for me that He was the best player on the floor on day one. Maybe more of the European players will see how it fared for Samanic and do the same thing next year.

The problem with a lot of the European players is that yes, they're young, but some of them haven't worked their way up the pecking order and so their minutes are limited. Coming over to the combine, and playing against NCAA players can really help their draft stock. Or not!

Here's the Lecque season highlight tape. He could've played at the combine but opted not too.

We sold the pick last year with Hamidou Diallo on the board, but Diallo is obviously much further along for NBA readiness, he had some excellent minutes vs the Kings this szn, and for the most part I thought we gave the way more expensive Thunder hell..

He is really freaking athletic tho, they really don't make em quite like this kid everyyear... He could fall to the last pick in the draft too... I could see him getting a promise tho.

Is he really a scarce commodity? with Lecque, his chances of getting drafted completely rely on that question. I think he might be though.. Look at the footage, this kid has potential if he can make steady progress...

Always seemed like a good kid to me too...

Whoa !!!! HUGE measurements for Jared Harper!!! 5'11" in shoes and a 6'5.5" wingspan!!!

Lil Jared Harper has longer arms than Coby White???

I knew he could dunk, but thats enough to cut the mustard for me, he's going on the next mock. I love Jared Harper, always just thought he was too small... I'll take him over Mason or Yogi tbh. kid has MAJOR heart.

Quentin Grimes with good measurments at a hair over 6'5" in shoes with a near 6'8" wingspan. He's definitely grown an inch or 2 in the past few years that means.

Devon Dotson measures in at 6' flat without shoes, so they'll list him at 6'2, hair under 6'4" wingspan. Not bad at all.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Wait so did Chuma Okeke opt not to get measured?!? Thats gotta mean he's not 6'8...

No measurements for Killian Tillie either...
Well, I suspect that Okeke is still recovering from that injury. It's only been a little over a month since it happened. He probably just showed up for the interviews. Not sure why Tillie didn't show up unless a team made him a promise.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I like Thybulle a lot, and while there's never a guarantee, I think his 3 pt shot will be fine. It will take him a year of two, but eventually I think he'll shoot it well enough where you have to guard him on the perimeter. He reminds me more of Oladipo than Roberson. Not quite as physically imposing as Oladipo coming out of college, but his the form on his jumpshot looks better than Oladipo's did at the same point in time. And, one of the things I like about his shot is that it's effortless.

Well, I suspect that Okeke is still recovering from that injury. It's only been a little over a month since it happened. He probably just showed up for the interviews. Not sure why Tillie didn't show up unless a team made him a promise.
Yeah. Okeke does have to be around 6'8" maybe even 6'8½' I remember sizing him up vs PJ, who measured legit 6'8. He seems Paul Millsap sized to me, maybe not as long a wingspan, but close.

I like Thybulle a lot, and while there's never a guarantee, I think his 3 pt shot will be fine. It will take him a year of two, but eventually I think he'll shoot it well enough where you have to guard him on the perimeter. He reminds me more of Oladipo than Roberson. Not quite as physically imposing as Oladipo coming out of college, but his the form on his jumpshot looks better than Oladipo's did at the same point in time. And, one of the things I like about his shot is that it's effortless.

When Fultz hype was at his highest ppl used to commonly say "The Huskies are a 1-man show, Fultz and a bunch of nobodies" used to always point out Thybulle back then as having a very real chance... He seemed to me like a Raja Bell type of player...

But in this draft, I'm not crazy about him vs where the consensus seems to be. I prefer ya boi Windler, for sure. I'm not down on him though, he's got an NBA skillset for sure.

If OKC does take Thybulle it's a very nice spot for him., and OKC. He can play right away and with their payroll you can start to see why it makes sense.

I saw this on Brian Oringher's Twitter and it cracked me up.

"I just read an NBA Draft profile that compared RJ Barrett to James Harden. Excuse me while I go yank my eyeballs out."

I agree it is a very bad comparison, but like the way he put it.

I saw this on Brian Oringher's Twitter and it cracked me up.

"I just read an NBA Draft profile that compared RJ Barrett to James Harden. Excuse me while I go yank my eyeballs out."

I agree it is a very bad comparison, but like the way he put it.
yeesh LMAO.. More than any other player in this draft, sick of discussing RJ Barrett.. it's reached an ad naseum state for me long ago... I've been tracking his story for a LOOONG time too, cuz his dad played for St. Johns and they offered on him back earlier this decade, when he was a grassroots player.

I had enough sense to go watch Harden back at ASU, and from what i remember, vs RJ this year, it's no comparison, c'mon now... Harden always had this sort of slinky style movement to-and-fro where he'd be breaking defenders off.. RJ is more of a down hill driver, who keeps his head up and has good vision so can pull off nifty dump-offs

I dont even think he's nearly as good as DeRozan tbh.

True story, I can jump higher than Dedric Laweson and i'm 31, and i've lost several inches of vert from not training in years, tho if i did i'd get it back quick.

26" vert is kinda like wtf is goin on here.. I'm guessign the younger bro's can't jump either, the one going to Oregon has arms as long as bruno caboclo and he's barely ranked in the top100 these days..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
yeesh LMAO.. More than any other player in this draft, sick of discussing RJ Barrett.. it's reached an ad naseum state for me long ago... I've been tracking his story for a LOOONG time too, cuz his dad played for St. Johns and they offered on him back earlier this decade, when he was a grassroots player.

I had enough sense to go watch Harden back at ASU, and from what i remember, vs RJ this year, it's no comparison, c'mon now... Harden always had this sort of slinky style movement to-and-fro where he'd be breaking defenders off.. RJ is more of a down hill driver, who keeps his head up and has good vision so can pull off nifty dump-offs

I dont even think he's nearly as good as DeRozan tbh.
While Harden was listed as a SG for Arizona St. he essentially played PG. He's always been a combination of shake and bake, and I'll drive right through you. Barrett is a very good passer, but he's never been used in the same way Harden has. Hey, five years from now, Barrett may be considered the best player out of this class. I still feel the most talented player in this class is Reddish, but until he shows some consistency and desire to be great, he'll probably end up being the 4th or 5th best player.

While Harden was listed as a SG for Arizona St. he essentially played PG. He's always been a combination of shake and bake, and I'll drive right through you. Barrett is a very good passer, but he's never been used in the same way Harden has. Hey, five years from now, Barrett may be considered the best player out of this class. I still feel the most talented player in this class is Reddish, but until he shows some consistency and desire to be great, he'll probably end up being the 4th or 5th best player.
My top10 is gonna be a bit off consensus for sure, Reddish could end up as high as 4th.. I have Jaxson Hayes really high over consensus too, top-5, I just think that kid has the right trajectory.

Obviously Zion and RJ top2.

BTW this is the time of year you will see plenty of mud slinging, we've entered that stage of the game..

Specifically u'll see lots of shade thrown at UK players. There's some sort of backlash from recruiting. IT's all jostling and posturing bs, agents been waiting for this time of year to flex their influence... like the overblown willie injury, that type of stuff. Of course the shoe companies, have horses in the race too.

"Influencers" has become a hotword in 2019, lots of bs influencers are about to come out of the woodwork.

Last edited:
It seems like Louie the King's chances of falling to us in the 2nd rd seem to be increasing...

Bazeley and Samanic seem to have overtaken him on most boards, or they should..

WOOOOOOOOO ---- **SLEEPER ALERT**

Look at how he swoops into the mid post area with the left handed runners and floaters and mini hooks and stuff.... thats what Marvin does!!! except clearly Marvin has more bounce in his step.. This kid is a smart basketball player tho i can't stress that enough, his instincts are good...

Tony Delk thinks EJ Montgomery is gonna stay in this draft.....

Ppl who watch college ball casually and dont follow any recruiting wont like him, but they would be failing to really notice all the trends of today's NBA in making that assumption.

given the Kings draft position a kid like this would be a very nice haul, because he's got PLENTY of upside, there's no doubt he will get better evey year, for many years to come.. no doubt about it..

As I've said before, and I'll say it again, he is sorta like Marvin Bagley(also a lefty, so u'll see them running the same lanes and spots on the floor.. he's not that kind of explosive, but he's 6'11" and his guard skills are excellent... he can block shots, he's a JACKPOT SCENARIO for the KINGS... I think so anyways... We have a running team, why would you pass on a kid like this who's so young and skilled...

He and Marvin to me will also always be linked thru recruting, if you hit the rewind button, the first 2 players in the HS class of 2018 to recieve over 20 confirmed d1 offers, were definitely EJ and Marvin, and I remember EJ's father saying he had 27 d1 offers back then and we're talking the other side of this decade...

He worked out for the spurs the other day, rumor is he got positive feedback.

Last edited: