Following 2019 draftees!!!

FC Barcelona has this teenage Senegalese C prospect named Ibou Badji, who's like 7'2 or taller already with crazy long arms, I bet ya he is a way better prospect than Tacko, who's not bad. Badji looks like 1st rd material tho, that might be underselling him TBH, he couuld go real high.. Very athletic.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Luka Samanic, who measured out very well, just played very well in the first scrimmage. He's a player that could be available for us in the 2nd rd. He impressed me. Great size at 6'11". Another kid the Kings should bring in for a workout.

Draft and stash Arturs Zagars, so I can finally be happy because Kings drafted someone from my country. Lol.

Shoulda drafted Kurucs last year, almost signed Bertans last offseason, stop teasing me Vlade, just do it. Haha

Nicolas Claxton impressed at the combine. Interesting possible Willie replacement. Although he seems like he is a few years away.
Nic Claxton is a legit player! do we know how tall he measured? I know he's been growing. He could return and try to go in the top- 20 or so next year, Georgia has a monster recruit in Anthony Edwards on the way and he'll have loads of showcase games.

Well, that's an inspiring list.

And by "inspiring", I mean "involuntary deep inspiration often accompanied by exaggerated sounds and placement of one's hands over one's mouth, usually brought on by fatigue or boredom".

I am a fan of Reggie Perry!!! Actually a big fan compared to ur average NBA draft watching type of this time of year. Lemme make a quick case for him;

Well for one, he'd be the first player in Kings history to be born in the 2000's. He is a potential 1-and-done guy BUT he is NOT SKINNY at all (see here);

MSU listed him at 245lbs..

He is also not just a big strong kid, not at all, he is a skilled offensive player, he's actualyl got some solid scoring instincts, has a suprising repitoire of moves for a kid that age and build. He's got some touch too, can shoot it. Pretty athletic. He can do like, step-back jumpers and stuff... he's no stiff, far from it..

He was a 5-star prospect, McDonald's All-American, and deservedly so.

He's got some sleeper potential.. MSU really was trying to showcase their Senior Aric Holman much more than Reggie this year, who came off the bench. Howland and MSU certainly are hoping he returns, he was a major recruiting pull...

Not sure if i believe that 6' listing for Anthony Cowan on the Kings list of workouts... Pretty sure he's like 5'10 and 150lbs soaking wet wearing workboots.

Kezie Okpala 6'9½" in shoes...

CARSEN EDWARDS almost 6'5" in shoes?? cmon now. did they measure his hair?!?

Jaxson Hayes 6'11½.. it's legit... He will be listed at 7' in the NBA, if there was ever a kid who 'still could be growing' its him...

Talen Horton Tucker is 6'4" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan ---- that is an insane split... I will also presume the NBA team who gets him will list at 6'5".. his effective playing height is fine to play some SF.

Nas Little comes in at 6'6" in shoes...

Tyler Herro with the Trex award for 6'3" wingspan. Ty Jerome 6'4" wingspan.

Neemias Queta measured at 7' ½" without shoes??? he's gonna be listed at 7'2"...

Moses Brown is gonna be listed at 7'3" or even 7'4" in the NBA... I knew he grew more just looking at him at UCLA this year, Ive been watching him for years. NY kid. thinking back if u saw him years ago he had these looong ass legs, even for his body, now i guess he's finally growing into em..

Last edited:
How about Devon Dotson with a 38'½" vert! I hope he stays in and I hope we get him and I hope we all can forget about Frank Mason.. LMAO...

Jaylen Nowell with a 38" vert too!!! nice measurement.

Oh damn Charles Bassey 6'8¾" in shoes?!?! That is bad news for him... one of the big losers. he's' gonna fall from the top-20 i think..

Jontay Porter's measuremtns have been overstated for some time now too it appears, he is not a C in the NBA, well maybe a backup but no starter potential at C.. he's 6'9¾" in shoes with a 7' wingspan.

Windler had a good combine..

I like those measurements for Marial Shayok too. Thats elite NBA length, will allow him to play taller than his listed height. He could be a match with the Kings I think, he'd be the type of player who ppl would fall in love with around here, because he's just solid. Type of player i'd genuinelly be excited about if we took him with the MR. Irrelevant pick.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, that's an inspiring list.

And by "inspiring", I mean "involuntary deep inspiration often accompanied by exaggerated sounds and placement of one's hands over one's mouth, usually brought on by fatigue or boredom".
Not one of these guys will be drafted, so I suspect that the Kings are looking for G-League players, and possible two way players with this bunch.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Nic Claxton is a legit player! do we know how tall he measured? I know he's been growing. He could return and try to go in the top- 20 or so next year, Georgia has a monster recruit in Anthony Edwards on the way and he'll have loads of showcase games.
He measured out at 6'11.75" at the combine. Only weighed around 215 lbs though. The dude is seriously skinny, and should return to school. He's not ready to play in the NBA just yet. He'd likely be a 1st rd pick next year, possibly a lottery pick. Just needs experience, and added strength.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The Athletic's latest mock draft has us taking Dylan Windler at 40, Isaiah Roby at 47, and Phil Booth at 60. If that comes to pass, I'll be a happy man. Roby by the way was impressive in the five on five's at the combine. He needs to become more consistent with his outside shot, but other than that, there's a lot to like with him. He played PF at Nebraska, but I think he can play SF in the NBA. He's a very good athlete, and a terrific defender. He blocked a lot of shots with weakside help, or in pursuit after hitting a ball screen.

Booth of course is another one of those fundamentally prepared Villanova players. More of a combo guard, but he's a smart player that can shoot it a bit. Of course, I love Windler, who excelled in the athletic parts of the combine. Hes a little older, but more ready to play.

He measured out at 6'11.75" at the combine. Only weighed around 215 lbs though. The dude is seriously skinny, and should return to school. He's not ready to play in the NBA just yet. He'd likely be a 1st rd pick next year, possibly a lottery pick. Just needs experience, and added strength.
HE has grown tho!!! Oh my!!!

Oh ok.... He measured 6'10 without shoes... He might be a 1st rd pick this year... hmmm.. The thing with him is he apparently has SF skills.... So I kinda hope it goes down to the wire and he waits til the very end to decide.

Queta measured under 6'11 without shoes too. always everyyear some place is listing shoes heights with unshoed hights and mixing em up[ and thats what i got a hold of LOL.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Neemias Queta measured at 7' ½" without shoes??? he's gonna be listed at 7'2"...

Moses Brown is gonna be listed at 7'3" or even 7'4" in the NBA... I knew he grew more just looking at him at UCLA this year, Ive been watching him for years. NY kid. thinking back if u saw him years ago he had these looong ass legs, even for his body, now i guess he's finally growing into em..
Brown looked lost in the five on fives at the combine. The Kid needs to go back to school, but from what the Capt says, it's likely he stays in the draft. I hope he interviewed well because other than measurements, he didn't help himself much. I'll concede that it's difficult to shine in that scenario, especially for a big, who has to rely on guards getting him the ball.

However, Samanic, who came over from Europe to compete at the combine, was clearly the best player on the floor when he was out there. He was extremely impressive, and he measured out at 6'11" in shoes. Much better athlete than I expected. Very fluid in his movements, and was surprised by his ability to put the ball on the floor.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
HE has grown tho!!! Oh my!!!

Oh ok.... He measured 6'10 without shoes... He might be a 1st rd pick this year... hmmm.. The thing with him is he apparently has SF skills.... So I kinda hope it goes down to the wire and he waits til the very end to decide.

Queta measured under 6'11 without shoes too. always everyyear some place is listing shoes heights with unshoed hights and mixing em up[ and thats what i got a hold of LOL.
Yeah, I always go by the with shoes stat, since they don't play in their bare feet, and the height posted by the NBA is usually with shoes. It does appear though that at times some players are wearing high heels.

I am a fan of Reggie Perry!!! Actually a big fan compared to ur average NBA draft watching type of this time of year. Lemme make a quick case for him;

Well for one, he'd be the first player in Kings history to be born in the 2000's. He is a potential 1-and-done guy BUT he is NOT SKINNY at all (see here);

MSU listed him at 245lbs..

He is also not just a big strong kid, not at all, he is a skilled offensive player, he's actualyl got some solid scoring instincts, has a suprising repitoire of moves for a kid that age and build. He's got some touch too, can shoot it. Pretty athletic. He can do like, step-back jumpers and stuff... he's no stiff, far from it..

He was a 5-star prospect, McDonald's All-American, and deservedly so.

He's got some sleeper potential.. MSU really was trying to showcase their Senior Aric Holman much more than Reggie this year, who came off the bench. Howland and MSU certainly are hoping he returns, he was a major recruiting pull...
All you had to do was mention that he was coached by Ben Howland & it became readily apparent that he would not be able to show all his talent in college. Howland has been notorious for having 5 star recuits look underwhelming only to have them flourish in the NBA.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
How about Devon Dotson with a 38'½" vert! I hope he stays in and I hope we get him and I hope we all can forget about Frank Mason.. LMAO...

Jaylen Nowell with a 38" vert too!!! nice measurement.

Oh damn Charles Bassey 6'8¾" in shoes?!?! That is bad news for him... one of the big losers. he's' gonna fall from the top-20 i think..

Jontay Porter's measuremtns have been overstated for some time now too it appears, he is not a C in the NBA, well maybe a backup but no starter potential at C.. he's 6'9¾" in shoes with a 7' wingspan.
They had Bassey at 6'10" in shoes. The 6'8.75"measurement was in his bare feet. He did have a good wingspan and standing reach.

There are a lot of catch and finish slender big types in this draft. I don't think the Kings have a major need for any more of those. One thing we are seeing with this rebalance of elite teams is that physicality matters. The Rockets are a small ball bruiser. The Bucks are a bit brutish as well. The Blazers and Jazz both knock you around. The Nuggets can even bang you around. The days of running out a bunch of skinny athletes that can mostly just dunk off of pick and roll might be coming to an end.

There are a lot of catch and finish slender big types in this draft. I don't think the Kings have a major need for any more of those. One thing we are seeing with this rebalance of elite teams is that physicality matters. The Rockets are a small ball bruiser. The Bucks are a bit brutish as well. The Blazers and Jazz both knock you around. The Nuggets can even bang you around. The days of running out a bunch of skinny athletes that can mostly just dunk off of pick and roll might be coming to an end.
Yep, this is one of the reasons i think Admiral Schofield is a match here. Would also love to see a C like Bruno Fernando in the mix, who had very nice measurements at the combine.

The kid the Kings are working out Kevin Samuel is interesting, he's under the radar, 6'11 freshman from TCU, long arms, big body and he moves pretty well, shotblocker.... certainly doesnt have the look of a freshman, and i think he's like 21.. 43% FT shooter tho..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The kid the Kings are working out Kevin Samuel is interesting, he's under the radar, 6'11 freshman from TCU, long arms, big body and he moves pretty well, shotblocker.... certainly doesnt have the look of a freshman, and i think he's like 21.. 43% FT shooter tho..
Yeah, he's a terrible freethrow shooter. If I'm Samuel, I go back to school. Right now he's a one trick pony. He needs to develop his game.