Following 2019 draftees!!!

Yes. It's HERE!!! The thread you've all been waiting for!!!! HOOO-RAY@!@#$!!!~!

Now before I even begin let me just put in this disclaimer - This isn't the complain about having no pick thread.

This thread is about the potential draftees, internationally born in the years 1997 to 2000, the college kids and the select few who become eligible thru various loopholes!!!

Yes, you read correctly; 2000! Ricky Rubio was the first player born in the 90's to play in the NBA, this draft will produce the first from the 2000's.

I'm gonna reserve 2 spots below, one to copy/paste the details of the Kings 2nd rd picks. The other I'm gonna throw together a mock.

Also lets not pretend like the Kings don't have the firepower to move up in this draft and secure a potential asset their eyeing. It's not like the Kings scouting staff has the year off cuz of no pick.

Plus I believe the Kings will find a gem in the 2nd rd. I believe in the strength of the field too, basketball is a global game thats improving rapidly, the people who hate on this drafts depth now will have a whole different picture come this time next year. A lot of steel will be sharpened this coming season, much of the heavy lifting is being done right now in the off-season.

Kings 2019 pick situation as per RealGM.

Incoming.
2019 second round draft pick from Orlando, Cleveland or Houston (second most favorable)
Orlando will receive the most favorable of its 2019 2nd round pick, Cleveland's 2019 2nd round pick, Houston's 2019 2nd round pick and Portland's 2019 2nd round pick; Sacramento will receive the second most favorable of the Orlando pick, the Cleveland pick and the Houston pick and New York will receive the least favorable of these three picks; L.A. Clippers will receive the less favorable of (i) the Portland pick and (ii) the most favorable of the Orlando pick, the Cleveland pick and the Houston pick (via Orlando's right to swap for Cleveland or Houston (via Cleveland and Houston to New York); via New York to Sacramento; via Portland to Orlando to Detroit to L.A. Clippers) [Cleveland-New York-Oklahoma City, 1/5/2015; Houston-New York, 2/19/2015; New York-Orlando, 7/9/2015; Orlando-Portland, 6/23/2016; Detroit-Orlando, 6/29/2016; New York-Sacramento, 7/14/2017; Detroit-L.A. Clippers, 1/29/2018]

2019 second round draft pick from Minnesota or L.A. Lakers (more favorable)
Sacramento will receive the more favorable of Minnesota's 2019 2nd round pick (via Cleveland to Portland) and the L.A. Lakers' 2019 2nd round pick (via Indiana to Cleveland to Portland) and Atlanta will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Cleveland) [Cleveland-Minnesota, 6/25/2015; Indiana-L.A. Lakers, 7/9/2015; Cleveland-Indiana, 7/23/2015; Cleveland-Portland, 7/27/2015; Atlanta-Cleveland, 10/14/2017; Portland-Sacramento, 6/21/2018]

Outgoing

2019 first round draft pick to Philadelphia or Boston
Boston will receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick (via Philadelphia) protected for selection 1 and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]

2019 second round draft pick to Philadelphia (swap, Milwaukee incoming)
Philadelphia will receive the more favorable of Milwaukee's 2019 2nd round pick and Sacramento's 2019 2nd round pick and Sacramento will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Philadelphia's right to swap Milwaukee for Sacramento (via Brooklyn)) [Milwaukee-Sacramento, 7/12/2013; Brooklyn-Milwaukee, 6/30/2014; Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 10/24/2014]

Last edited:
1. Bol Bol - C - Oregon - Fr.
2. Cam Reddish - SG/SF - Duke - Fr.
3. Sekou Doumboya - SF/PF - Poiters - International '00
4. Romeo Langford - SG - Indiana - Fr.
5. Nas Little - UNC - SF - Fr.
6. Charles Bassey - WKU - PF/C - Fr.
7. R.J. Barrett - Duke - SF/SG - Fr.
8. Keldon Johnson - Kentucky - SG/SF - Fr.
9. Simi sh*ttu - Vanderbilt - PF/SF - Fr.
10. Quentin Grimes - SG - Kansas - Fr.
11. De'Andre Hunter - SF/PF - Virginia - RS So.
12. Kevin Porter Jr. - SG/SF - USC - Fr.
13. Zion Williamson - PF - Duke - Fr.
14. Darius Garland - PG - Vanderbilt - Fr.
15. Daniel Gafford - C - Arkansas - So.
16. Rui Hachimura - SF/PF - Gonzaga - Jr.
17. Moses Brown - C - UCLA - Fr.
18. Luka Samanic - PF - Olimpija - International '00
19. Ashton Hagans - PG - Kentucky - Fr.
20. Herb Jones - SF - Alabama - So.
21. Darius Bazley - SF/PF - G-League - USA '00
22. Naz Reid - C/PF - LSU - Fr.
23. Jalen Smith - PF - Maryland - Fr.
24. EJ Montgomery - PF/SF - Kentucky - Fr.
25. Carsen Edwards - PG - Purdue - Jr.
26. Devon Dotson - PG - Kansas - Fr.
27. Kris Wilkes - SF - UCLA - So.
28. AJ Lawson - SG/SF - South Carolina - Fr.
29. Louis King - SF - Oregon - Fr.
30. PJ Washington - PF/SF - Kentucky - So.

rd 2

31. Shamorie Ponds - PG - St. Johns - Jr.
32. Nickiel Alexander-Walker - SG - Va. Tech. - So.
33. Tremont Waters - PG - LSU - So.
34. Jaylen Hands - PG - UCLA - So.
35. John Petty - SG/SF - Alabama - So.
36. Kellan Grady - SG - Davidson - So.
37. Adam Mokoka - SG - Mega Bemax - International '98
38. Quinton Rose - SF/SG - Temple - Jr.
39. Marko Simonovic - PF/C - Mens Sansa - International '00
40. Bruno Fernando - C/PF - Maryland - So.
41. Jericho Sims - PF/C - Texas - So.
42. Zach Norvell - SG - Gonzaga - So.
43. Lindell Wigginton - PG - Iowa St. - Fr.
44. Jon Elmore - CG - Marshall - Sr.
45. O'Shae Brissett - PF - Syracuse - So.
46. Markus Howard - PG - Marquette - Jr.
47. Killian Tillie - PF - Gonzaga - Jr.
48. Jontay Porter - PF/C - Mizzou - So.
49. Austin Wiley - C/PF - Auburn - Jr.
50. Brandon Randolph - SG/SF - Arizona - So.
51. Jalen McDaniels - PF - SDSU - So.
52. Aric Holman - PF - Mississippi St. - Sr.
53. Tyus Battle - SG/SF - Syracuse - Jr.
54. Udoka Azubuike - C - Kansas - Jr.
55. Abdoulaye N'doye - SF/PG - Cholet - International '98
56. Isaiah Roby - PF - Nebraska - Sr.
57. Lamar Peters - PG - Mississippi St. - Jr.
58. Charles Matthews - SG/SF - Michigan - Jr.
59. Jarrett Culver - SG - Texas Tech - So.
60. Goga Bitadze - C - Mega Bemax - International '99

Hon mention to Michigan Freshman big - Marcus Bingham Jr.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so barring a first round pick via trade, we should be looking at potential second rounders for 2019 and nothing more....no?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
so barring a first round pick via trade, we should be looking at potential second rounders for 2019 and nothing more....no?
I don't think these threads are intended to look only at kids the Kings could draft - there are plenty of folks around here, myself included, who enjoy following the entire NBA draft process from start to end.

That said, to avoid using a more colorful metaphor (like maybe a color with a bit shorter wavelength than green) this may as well be considered the Tantalus In Tartarus thread.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't think these threads are intended to look only at kids the Kings could draft - there are plenty of folks around here, myself included, who enjoy following the entire NBA draft process from start to end.

That said, to avoid using a more colorful metaphor (like maybe a color with a bit shorter wavelength than green) this may as well be considered the Tantalus In Tartarus thread.
please, no metaphors. I like to keep things simple.

please, no metaphors. I like to keep things simple.
Yes but I am like a big fan of this stuff and every year there's several players that fall in the 2nd or that go undrafted whom I like. Fred Van Vleet just got an 18 million dollar 2 year deal.

There will be low-hanging fruit available it remains to be seen if they can pick it.

Once we start getting into the names and faces involved this will be more fun.

Plus with the way the Kings roster is set up they can definitely look for draft-and-stash candidates, like uber athlete Adam Mokoka a 6'5" wrecking ball of a swingman.

The Kings have plenty of assets that can be used to move up in this draft....

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
First, I would have had Barrett number one, but it's foolish to argue at this point when they haven't played one college game yet. By the way, for those interested, Kentucky is going to be playing some early games in the Bahamas in August sometime and I've heard that they will be televised. The mystery man in this coming draft is Williamson. Not sure what to expect from a 6'5" 255 lb player that looks like an NFL linebacker but with a 40 plus inch vertical. Saw him in a dunk contest which he won quite easily and was blown away with his athleticism. Now we have to see how skilled he is. I'll give him this, he's one confident sucker.

Even though we don't have a first rd pick, I'm going to watch my usual quota of games as though we do. You never know what's going to happen. By the time the draft rolls around, we may have obtained one. If not, as Ozymandias stated, there will be some low hanging fruit to be plucked. Just have to do the homework.

First, I would have had Barrett number one, but it's foolish to argue at this point when they haven't played one college game yet. By the way, for those interested, Kentucky is going to be playing some early games in the Bahamas in August sometime and I've heard that they will be televised. The mystery man in this coming draft is Williamson. Not sure what to expect from a 6'5" 255 lb player that looks like an NFL linebacker but with a 40 plus inch vertical. Saw him in a dunk contest which he won quite easily and was blown away with his athleticism. Now we have to see how skilled he is. I'll give him this, he's one confident sucker.

Even though we don't have a first rd pick, I'm going to watch my usual quota of games as though we do. You never know what's going to happen. By the time the draft rolls around, we may have obtained one. If not, as Ozymandias stated, there will be some low hanging fruit to be plucked. Just have to do the homework.
Yep plenty of teams right now happy with their 2nd rd selections from past draft, next year we could be them :D

Barrett is the consensus #1 no doubt. Duke is gonna be funky to watch with all these 6'7" forwards, which is what I think they will list Zion at in the NBA. He is able to just causally lift off the ground to where his heads at rim level so he's a pretty damn good shotblocker and projects to be that way in the NBA.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yep plenty of teams right now happy with their 2nd rd selections from past draft, next year we could be them :D

Barrett is the consensus #1 no doubt. Duke is gonna be funky to watch with all these 6'7" forwards, which is what I think they will list Zion at in the NBA. He is able to just causally lift off the ground to where his heads at rim level so he's a pretty damn good shotblocker and projects to be that way in the NBA.

Yeah, the kid is impressive. I just don't know what he is yet. Maybe the next coming of Charles Barkley, and hopefully not Anthony Bennett... His handles in a straight line look fine, but I want to see him create his own shot and be consistent. I've seen too many great athlete's rely too much, and too long on that athleticism, and never develop the skills they need to survive in the NBA. Looking forward to the season.

I have more info on those Kentucky games. If you have the SEC channel, which I do, the games will be shown on Aug 8th. 9th, and the 11th at 4 pm pacific. The fourth and final game will be on Aug 12th at 1 pm pacific. So if you need a basketball fix, then take an early peek at the Kentucky team. It's a team that could surprise this year. Probably not as talented as a couple of other teams, but still very talented, and with more 2nd and 3rd year players. Trust me, in the NCAA, experience wins as many games as talent does. Especially first year talent. Just ask Villanova..

Baja I think UK is the #1 team preseason, with Reid Travis their frontline is gonna be super tough and so will their guards with Hagans, who's an excellent man-to-man defender.

Keldon Johnson is a great tone-setter for that squad too.

I think Zion has some wiggle and a decent handle for a faceup 4. It's all about his shot. long as he gets that down he's gonna be big-time.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Baja I think UK is the #1 team preseason, with Reid Travis their frontline is gonna be super tough and so will their guards with Hagans, who's an excellent man-to-man defender.

Keldon Johnson is a great tone-setter for that squad too.

I think Zion has some wiggle and a decent handle for a faceup 4. It's all about his shot. long as he gets that down he's gonna be big-time.
Yeah, I think I heard that the official rankings had them number one, but naturally there are some pundits that disagree with that. I like Keldon Johnson quite a bit, and Travis was a great pickup for them. I'm curious to see how Villanova bounces back from losing four of their top players. I wouldn't bet against Jay Wright though.

Sometimes there's a vive you get from a player, and I get that from Zion. He has that air about him that makes you want to believe. I haven't quite set up my altar yet, but I'm going to be watching.

Yeah, I think I heard that the official rankings had them number one, but naturally there are some pundits that disagree with that. I like Keldon Johnson quite a bit, and Travis was a great pickup for them. I'm curious to see how Villanova bounces back from losing four of their top players. I wouldn't bet against Jay Wright though.

Sometimes there's a vive you get from a player, and I get that from Zion. He has that air about him that makes you want to believe. I haven't quite set up my altar yet, but I'm going to be watching.

villanova has a number of players to track, many of them will likely return for next year though. Other than Paschall ofc who's a Sr.

Their best NBA prospect is incoming freshman Jahvon Quinerly, who's a sharp PG in the mold of a Shabazz Napier. Jermaine Samuels Jr was a freshman that didn't get much burn last season but will be forced into a much bigger role this year, and he's got talent and an NBA body, just gotta stay healthy.

the incoming marksman Cole Swider, along with Jr Dylan Painter and Sophomore's Collin Gillespie and Cosby-Roundtree are gonna be crucial for their success, it's gonna be interesting to see how they all play. Gillespie and Swider can shoot the lights out. Cosby-Roundtree and Painter look like solid bigs.

what other teams u looking forward to seeing?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
villanova has a number of players to track, many of them will likely return for next year though. Other than Paschall ofc who's a Sr.

Their best NBA prospect is incoming freshman Jahvon Quinerly, who's a sharp PG in the mold of a Shabazz Napier. Jermaine Samuels Jr was a freshman that didn't get much burn last season but will be forced into a much bigger role this year, and he's got talent and an NBA body, just gotta stay healthy.

the incoming marksman Cole Swider, along with Jr Dylan Painter and Sophomore's Collin Gillespie and Cosby-Roundtree are gonna be crucial for their success, it's gonna be interesting to see how they all play. Gillespie and Swider can shoot the lights out. Cosby-Roundtree and Painter look like solid bigs.

what other teams u looking forward to seeing?
Well, the usual suspects like Bol Bol at Oregon. He looks like the modern day center everyone is looking for. I'm also interested in Oregon's other top recruit, Louis King. He had a good senior year and it will be interesting to see if he can be coached up. His motor has been questioned at times. Good athlete with all the tools to be very good. Oregon has been pumping out its share of SF's into the NBA of late.

Another kid I'm interested in is Nassir Little. If he can become a consistent outside shooter, he can move up the draft boards by seasons end. How many players have I said that about? I know he's been working on his shot, so we'll see. Langford at Indiana is another one that has to improve his shot. Not the athlete that Little is, so not as much room for error.

I'm curious how they're going to use Grimes at Kansas. Is he a SG or a PG? I want to get a look at a local kid, Jordan Brown who is going to Nevada. Nevada should be very good this year with almost all it team back in place. I can't wait to see Quinerly at Villanova, and your right, they've added some nice additions. Anyway, that's just a few.

I know this is considered a weak draft, especially at the top, but there's always someone that breaks out of the middle of the pack to surprise. I expect that will happen again this year. There are some four star guys that I like for their potential. More on that later when there's something to talk about.

I'm super interested in seeing how Bol Bol pans out. He could be a truly unique big man.
Ah thanks for the reminder to post a video of the #1player on my board. He recently measured 7'3" in-shoes with a 7'8" wingspan for Team USA basketball and 220lbs, which is plus 40 from 2016.
He's still 17 too... Will be one of the youngest in the field..

Ah thanks for the reminder to post a video of the #1player on my board. He recently measured 7'3" in-shoes with a 7'8" wingspan for Team USA basketball and 220lbs, which is plus 40 from 2016.
He's still 17 too... Will be one of the youngest in the field..

He's got a good looking jumper, nice touch, and could be that next Gobert everyone seems to be looking for. Getting up the floor he looks like he's taking it easy but if he can prove his motor isn't an issue he can be a tremendous prospect.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Since were posting videos, I thought I'd give you an early introduction to Nassir Little. I'm higher on him than I'am some of those projected to go higher than him. At least right now. He dribbles with his head down a little to much at times, but all in all, his handles are fine for now.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Oregon should be improved this year with the addition of Bol Bol, and his new running mate Louis King. King is an interesting player who has very good basketball IQ. He moves well without the ball, and knows how to space the floor. His perimeter shot needs some work. Although his shot looks pretty good in this video, his percentages were below average from the three. He already has good size and can play both forward positions at around 6'8".

He looks pretty good going against his own teammates in this video.

Last edited:
Oregon should be improved this year with the addition of Bol Bol, and his new running mate Louis King. King is an interesting player who has very good basketball IQ. He moves well without the ball, and knows how to space the floor. His perimeter shot needs some work. Although his shot looks pretty good in this video, his percentages were below average from the three. He already has good size and can play both forward positions at around 6'8".

He looks pretty good going against his own teammates in this video.

Big Lou King fan. I put him at the bottom of the 1st but he's easily got the talent to go top-20 or near the lotto. He's a fairly local kid I've heard a lot of hype about for years. From what I've seen, his Jumpshot looks pretty damn good, and he's pretty damn smooth...

Will be tuned into see as many Oregon games as I can catch. King has a soft, scorers touch for sure.

Kenny Wooten Jr. 6'9" strong build, excellent athlete, is a player to watch for this years draft, he could secure a spot in the top-40.

This is the best Oregon squad I can remember; Payton Pritchard, Abu Kigab, Victor Bailey Jr, and Incoming freshman Francis Okoroh, Miles Norris and Will Richardson. Their gonna be loaded for years.

Since were posting videos, I thought I'd give you an early introduction to Nassir Little. I'm higher on him than I'am some of those projected to go higher than him. At least right now. He dribbles with his head down a little to much at times, but all in all, his handles are fine for now.

Great player will make big bucks in the league. Best motor in the class hands-down. He's no Stanley Johnson. Best Recruit UNC's landed in a long time, since Harrison Barnes...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Naz Reid can go in the lotto in this draft for sure. Having him 22 in that mock is probably too low.
I'm a results guy, and Reid does get results. He's not the most fluid athlete I've seen and at times looks a bit mechanical. I'll certainly keep my eye on him, and like I said, he puts up numbers. Personally, I think he made a mistake going to LSU. A school where big men go to die, sorry Shaq. Yeah yeah, I know there has been changes, I just think he would have been better served by making a better choice. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Big Lou King fan. I put him at the bottom of the 1st but he's easily got the talent to go top-20 or near the lotto. He's a fairly local kid I've heard a lot of hype about for years. From what I've seen, his Jumpshot looks pretty damn good, and he's pretty damn smooth...

Will be tuned into see as many Oregon games as I can catch. King has a soft, scorers touch for sure.

Kenny Wooten Jr. 6'9" strong build, excellent athlete, is a player to watch for this years draft, he could secure a spot in the top-40.

This is the best Oregon squad I can remember; Payton Pritchard, Abu Kigab, Victor Bailey Jr, and Incoming freshman Francis Okoroh, Miles Norris and Will Richardson. Their gonna be loaded for years.

Since you mentioned Will Richardson, I thought I'd expand a bit. I really like Richardson, and he should thrive being on the same team with Bol and King. Right now, Oregon looks like the cream of the Pac 12, and on paper they should be the best team in that conference. Shoulda, woulda, coulda is for gamblers, but I'd be shocked if they wern't.

Richardson is a 6'4" point guard that can play with or without the ball. So far he's shown himself to be a very good perimeter shooter, and very capable finisher at the basket. Very skilled player that has little hesitation moves that can freeze a defender for that needed split second. He can get himself into trouble at times by being a little too aggressive, but I'd rather have an aggressive player than vice versa. He's a pretty good ball handler, and a good passer who does look for his teammates. Here's a peek!

Since you mentioned Will Richardson, I thought I'd expand a bit. I really like Richardson, and he should thrive being on the same team with Bol and King. Right now, Oregon looks like the cream of the Pac 12, and on paper they should be the best team in that conference. Shoulda, woulda, coulda is for gamblers, but I'd be shocked if they wern't.

Richardson is a 6'4" point guard that can play with or without the ball. So far he's shown himself to be a very good perimeter shooter, and very capable finisher at the basket. Very skilled player that has little hesitation moves that can freeze a defender for that needed split second. He can get himself into trouble at times by being a little too aggressive, but I'd rather have an aggressive player than vice versa. He's a pretty good ball handler, and a good passer who does look for his teammates. Here's a peek!

This incoming recruiting class has a number of these intriguing combo-ish 6'4" guards like Richardson, UNC's Colby White, LSU's JaVonte Smart, Duke's Tre Jones, Illinois Ayo Dosunmu, UK's Ashton Hagans and Immanuel Quickley, and I'd say Georgia Tech's Mike DeVoe, USC's Elijah Weaver(6'5") and ASU's Leugentz Dort.. UF's Andrew Nembhard is also 6'4" but he's more of a pure point.

The headliner of this cg-crop has to be Quentin Grimes though at Kansas, who's got a great skillset and level of polish already. Clean moves. He's the best scorer of the bunch.

Now there are some who think Romeo Langford 6'6" is a combo guard too. But thats a discussion for another day :D

I'm a results guy, and Reid does get results. He's not the most fluid athlete I've seen and at times looks a bit mechanical. I'll certainly keep my eye on him, and like I said, he puts up numbers. Personally, I think he made a mistake going to LSU. A school where big men go to die, sorry Shaq. Yeah yeah, I know there has been changes, I just think he would have been better served by making a better choice. Hopefully I'll be wrong.
I'm just thinking Reid is gonna be the type of player Kings fans could gravitate too if they feel the frontcourt needs a bruiser, which will probably be the case with Z-Bo and Koufos expiring.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
This incoming recruiting class has a number of these intriguing combo-ish 6'4" guards like Richardson, UNC's Colby White, LSU's JaVonte Smart, Duke's Tre Jones, Illinois Ayo Dosunmu, UK's Ashton Hagans and Immanuel Quickley, and I'd say Georgia Tech's Mike DeVoe, USC's Elijah Weaver(6'5") and ASU's Leugentz Dort.. UF's Andrew Nembhard is also 6'4" but he's more of a pure point.

The headliner of this cg-crop has to be Quentin Grimes though at Kansas, who's got a great skillset and level of polish already. Clean moves. He's the best scorer of the bunch.

Now there are some who think Romeo Langford 6'6" is a combo guard too. But thats a discussion for another day :D
From a talent perspective, your probably right about Grimes being the most talented of the combo guards. I hope that he's not jerked around at Kansas where some of their players seem to suffer from an identity crisis. He needs to figure out what he is and put his stamp on it. He has great passing instincts and court vision. I could see him playing a role similar to Hardin's at Arizona St. And no folks, I'm not saying he's the next James Hardin.

I'm going to withhold my judgement on Langford for now. At the moment, I'm not a huge fan. His jumpshot needs some serious work, and I have to see how well he's able to finish around the basket at the college level. I also have a thing about players that tend to disappear when things aren't going their way. So I'll wait and see....

Last edited by a moderator: