Following 2019 draftees!!!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
One last post, and It's pretty far-fetched, i'd definitely think there's a decent chance Vlade would have him red-flagged for attitude issues, BUT ---- -If Cameron Reddish were to fall down the draft board lets say into the teens.... I'd consider trading up for him.. He can shoot it.. It's a gamble no doubt, but once that I believe could pay off in spades. Reddish occupies a spot on the depth chart directly between Bogdan and Harrison Barnes too, which is a nice match here.

If you look at it from Reddish' perspective, I dunno if there's a team out there thats a better fit for him than the Kings.... With Marvin running the floor, Fox doing his thing, Buddy drawing all sorts of attention, this seems like ideal conditiosn for him to thrive.

Obviously I have a mixed feelings about Reddish. There is no denying his talent. That's never been in question. But his desire has, and that's always a red flag for me. So it would depend on what we had to give up in order to move up. It's interesting that on one hand, I like the fact that Reddish is willing to play second or third fiddle to his teammates without complaint. On the other hand, I don't like the fact that a player as talented as he is doesn't try to impact the game more.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm curious, what do you think of Deividas Sirvydas? Hard to judge some of these European players because they have their pecking order over there, and many times, players with a lot of potential don't get the minutes you would like. Sometimes I have to watch a whole game and only get to see the player I'm interested in play a total of 6 or 7 minutes.

Sirvydas is only 18 years old, and is a 6'7" point guard. I believe he has declared for this years draft but don't quote me on that one.

Last edited:
I'm curious, what do you think of Deividas Sirvydas? Hard to judge some of these European players because they have their pecking order over there, and many times, players with a lot of potential don't get the minutes you would like. Sometimes I have to watch a whole game and only get to see the player I'm interested in play a total of 6 or 7 minutes.

Sirvydas is only 18 years old, and is a 6'7" point guard. I believe he has declared for this years draft but don't quote me on that one.
I like him, his shot looks nice and easy.. I am slightly biased towards lefties, he seems to be quite left-handed dominant. Would be excited to see him as a pick. He needs polish tho for sure. Hard for me to imagine he'd crack any playoff rotation anytime soon, but who knows. The nets pulled if off with the latvian kid from last years draft Kurucs.

Would probably gamble on him over Iggy at Michigan who turns 21 in January.

Last edited:
I think Hands was the best player on that UCLA team, and that's not a knock on Brown who has the most potential. Wouldn't be disappointed with him as a developmental player. Not saying he would be my first choice, but I like the kid. He could be one of those players that really shines when surrounded with good players.
I am apt to like players who are fast and 6'2" and above. He fits the bill. Seems like a match here to me.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
As I'm prone to beat a dead horse, I want to say a few more things about Mfiondu Kabengele. As you can see, I really like this kid. My gut keeps telling me he could be special. He's another Canadian player who wasn't originally recruited by any of the 5 star schools. So out of highschool he decided to go to one of the basketball academy's, which paid off when Florida St. gave him offer. It came with the requirement that he redshirt for a year. He didn't want to, but eventually got talked into it.

Mfiondu was a 6'4" guard in highschool who grew 3 inches following his junior year, and then grew another 3 inches following his senior year. So by the time he arrived at Florida St. he had reached his current height of 6'10". He has very good blood lines since his mother is the sister of Hall of Fame player Dikembe Mutombo. So far he's not quite the shot blocker his uncle was, but he did average 1.5 blocks per game in only 21 minutes a game. Here's a workout video of him from a couple of years ago prior to his freshman year at Florida St.

I'm guessing he's around 6'7" in the video, and still a little pudgy. He doesn't look anything like he looks today.

As I'm prone to beat a dead horse, I want to say a few more things about Mfiondu Kabengele. As you can see, I really like this kid. My gut keeps telling me he could be special. He's another Canadian player who wasn't originally recruited by any of the 5 star schools. So out of highschool he decided to go to one of the basketball academy's, which paid off when Florida St. gave him offer. It came with the requirement that he redshirt for a year. He didn't want to, but eventually got talked into it.

Mfiondu was a 6'4" guard in highschool who grew 3 inches following his junior year, and then grew another 3 inches following his senior year. So by the time he arrived at Florida St. he had reached his current height of 6'10". He has very good blood lines since his mother is the sister of Hall of Fame player Dikembe Mutombo. So far he's not quite the shot blocker his uncle was, but he did average 1.5 blocks per game in only 21 minutes a game. Here's a workout video of him from a couple of years ago prior to his freshman year at Florida St.

I'm guessing he's around 6'7" in the video, and still a little pudgy. He doesn't look anything like he looks today.

big fan of his also I remember when he first showed up and was listed as a 6'9" 250lb SF and thinking "looks like a pro".

actually didnt realize he was realted to dikembe til this year. deke has a young son who's liek 6'10 already.

he has a nice mix of skills and he really is decently athletic, he can move his feet and recover. reminds me a bit of kyle o'quinn but more versatile. I'd like to see him here with the Kings.

Utah State's Neemias Queta has declared (but left the door open to return),...

Gotta get him in for a workout... He to me seems like a most excellent development project/3rd string C.

2 of the better Freshman PG's in the nation; Javonte Smart (LSU) and Devon Dotson (Kansas) are at least testing the waters.

Said it preseason -- I'm sticking with my guns on this. I think Dotson will be a better pro than Frank Mason (and Devonte Graham)

Smart is obviously implicated by wiretap and LSU is gonna go down in flames so it'll be interesting to see what he does. He is interesting player, he's a pro in some form, not crazy athletic but he's like 6'4" with legit combo skills and has some heady-ness to him.

LOUIE the KING, after shaking off some rust in his final games in college and generating some momentum, has declared for the draft and hired an agent.

Must get him in for a workout at 6'8" with a nice finesse game could be a match. Interested to hear how his shooting goes for teams in drills.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
LOUIE the KING, after shaking off some rust in his final games in college and generating some momentum, has declared for the draft and hired an agent.

Must get him in for a workout at 6'8" with a nice finesse game could be a match. Interested to hear how his shooting goes for teams in drills.
I'd definitely bring King in for a workout. I think there's something there, but he'll need some time to develop. He came on strong toward the end of the season. He shot 44.2% from the three for his last ten games. I think he could rebound a little better, and his defense could improve. But were talking about a 2nd rd pick here, and in my opinion, he's borderline 1st rd talent.

ESPN/Givony has Nickiel Alexander-Walker 23rd on the bigboard I think he'll go higher, but in the event he were to go falling down the board. I'd think he'd be a good fit here and would consider him a trade-up target.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
ESPN/Givony has Nickiel Alexander-Walker 23rd on the bigboard I think he'll go higher, but in the event he were to go falling down the board. I'd think he'd be a good fit here and would consider him a trade-up target.

Yeah, I'd be stunned if he fell into the 2nd rd. He's 1st rd talent. Probably would depend on the price of trading up. Not sure we need another SG, but on the other hand, in today's league, guards that can score efficiently, and defend, which he can, are at a premium.

Ochai Agbaji is definitely returning to Kansas, not testing waters at all. He'd have been an interesting fit here and possible major steal in this draft if he fell far..

One last post, and It's pretty far-fetched, i'd definitely think there's a decent chance Vlade would have him red-flagged for attitude issues, BUT ---- -If Cameron Reddish were to fall down the draft board lets say into the teens.... I'd consider trading up for him.. He can shoot it.. It's a gamble no doubt, but once that I believe could pay off in spades. Reddish occupies a spot on the depth chart directly between Bogdan and Harrison Barnes too, which is a nice match here.

If you look at it from Reddish' perspective, I dunno if there's a team out there thats a better fit for him than the Kings.... With Marvin running the floor, Fox doing his thing, Buddy drawing all sorts of attention, this seems like ideal conditiosn for him to thrive.

I think the only way the King can get a 1st rounder in this draft is if they trade Bogdan. Is Bogdan=Reddish?

I've been looking at the list of players I'd trade Bogdan for.. but that list isn't that long. I doubt he'd be able to fetch us a top 10 pick, but end of lotto is his value. I'd want someone who can contribute right away, but they'd need to be younger.

I think the only way the King can get a 1st rounder in this draft is if they trade Bogdan. Is Bogdan=Reddish?

I've been looking at the list of players I'd trade Bogdan for.. but that list isn't that long. I doubt he'd be able to fetch us a top 10 pick, but end of lotto is his value. I'd want someone who can contribute right away, but they'd need to be younger.
Bogdan for Reddish is a trade I'd do because of the longterm ramifications. I think it'd be a pretty big rip off. I think Bogdan is gonna have a nice bounceback season too, im sure the last months left a bad taste in his mouth and he's eager to show he's better.

I was always a pretty big believer in Isaiah Hartenstein, and if you follow the G-Leage at all, there's no doubt that he is a steal where they got him in the 2nd rd and will be an NBA player for long time. I wonder could Samanic possibly be that kind of undervalued in this draft? is he even gonna be in this draft? there's obvious differences but still...whats the consensus here? he shot the ball decently across the board. Pretty sure he's a solid inch taller than Marvin and Harry too, if that mattters any.

He's Thin and has average length tho, Hartenstein would honestly be much better fit here as the backup 5.

Charles Bassey has declared!

It would seem his draft range is somewhere in the 10-25 range to me. It's gonna be interesting to hear about him in the weeks leading up to the draft. He might crush workouts.

Givony/ESPN has Bruno Fernando and Bassey as 2nd rd picks in their latest draft but I think they look like first round picks in this years crop.

Cassius Winston announced he's returning to MSU for his senior season.

Bogdan for Reddish is a trade I'd do because of the longterm ramifications. I think it'd be a pretty big rip off. I think Bogdan is gonna have a nice bounceback season too, im sure the last months left a bad taste in his mouth and he's eager to show he's better.
Reddish's performance at Duke was very underwhelming. He played the 3rd fiddle behind 2 elite prospects but still looked horrible on offense. Not really sure where to slot him and because of his rawness, I'm not sure he could help the Kings immediately.

I do think Bogdan will have a nice bounceback season but I doubt we can afford to extend both him and Buddy. Bogdan is probably looking for 15mpy+, while Buddy 20mpy+.

Reddish's performance at Duke was very underwhelming. He played the 3rd fiddle behind 2 elite prospects but still looked horrible on offense. Not really sure where to slot him and because of his rawness, I'm not sure he could help the Kings immediately.

I do think Bogdan will have a nice bounceback season but I doubt we can afford to extend both him and Buddy. Bogdan is probably looking for 15mpy+, while Buddy 20mpy+.
Undoubtedly aspects of Reddish's college season were underwhelming. The part that wasnt though was his 3point shooting. Even though Cam's % wasn't great, it's an encouraging sign his shooting appears to have taken several upticks in the past few years...

Cam might be a much better "Buy-Low" than people realize...

He's got this SWEET stepback J too which is a devastating move in the NBA these days.

If Bogdan's days are numbered, I'm all for flipping him for a handpicked vlade top-15 pick.. I'd hate to see an asset like Bogey, who can obviously put up stats in the NBA just walk for nothing.

Watching Duke this year I allways kinda felt I was watching something where there's this agreement that RJ's got the keys, and ultimately that it was a less than ideal condition for Cam to showcase his full repertoire --- like what Wendell Carter's parents were claiming after last szn with Marvin signing and reclassing up to join him.. Cam obviously drew the short straw.

Last edited: