Following 2019 draftees!!!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Totally agree on Jerome, I think it's possible he wiggles his way into the 1st rd. Talented kid and good defender. Virginia is undefeated so far and I hope no one takes them lightly. It's a very talented team that always plays tough defense. Hunter of course is a top ten player. I like Guy, but doubt he's 1st rd material in the eye's of scouts. I try to look at players two ways. The way I see them, and the way I think NBA scouts might see them. We don't always agree of course. And of course, I'm the one that's always right....:p

Man, UCLA Basketball is gonna be the posterchild for this thread seeing as the Kings have all these 2nd rd picks..

They got SMACKED by Cincinnati in that game last night, just caught the replay... That team would be really good if they stuck together next year but with the way things seem to be going early, there's gonna be lots of movement at the end of the year.

Moses Brown is legit but some of these other guys like Wilkes and Hands, IDK what to make of this really, it's definitely not good...

Totally agree on Jerome, I think it's possible he wiggles his way into the 1st rd. Talented kid and good defender. Virginia is undefeated so far and I hope no one takes them lightly. It's a very talented team that always plays tough defense. Hunter of course is a top ten player. I like Guy, but doubt he's 1st rd material in the eye's of scouts. I try to look at players two ways. The way I see them, and the way I think NBA scouts might see them. We don't always agree of course. And of course, I'm the one that's always right....:p
Virginia is LOADED, that team is better than Duke, no doubt in my mind.

Jerome is definitely pipe-dream territory for us as Kings fans. If I had to choose a player to shoot a 3 with the $$$ on the line of anyone in the nation I'd probably take him. He'd be a most excellent addition to this team tho the way I see it, no-brainer would I trade all 3 2nd rd picks for him...

Guy to me has a bit of the Jerryd Bayless thing going with his shooting mechanics which bodes well for him, and I think he's a pesky defender. Jerome and Hunter are as good as gone, It'll be interesting to see what Guy does.

Texas Tech choked that game away but Jarrett Culver had a killer showing, especially in the first half, he is fluid and balanced with the ball, dare I say ---- shades of Jimmy Butler. I caught a bunch of TTU games last year because they were really good and to check out Zhaire Smith, Culver seems to be one of the most drastically improved players in the nation, which bodes quite well for him moving forward.

Duke was ghastly at times, Barrett forcing so much unnecessary crap threw em in a funk, Cam Reddish is in some shooting slump, Tre Jones was huge for them in this game. I like what I see from a lot of their lesser used pieces in DeLaurier, Bolden and Jack White.

Markus Howard dropped 40 in the second half!!! that was special, to go from that to the Kings game --- was a good night of basketball watching :D

I am really not a big fan of undersized PG's, generally speaking, but I'm a huge Markus Howard fan, his game is razor-sharp.

Buddy would LOVE Howard, he also achieved his impeccable shooting thru INSANE amounts of reps.

Last edited:
Ashton Hagans with a monster 7-point showing... How about 7 steals and 3 blocks... This was the type of game where he looks like a 1st rd pick.

Luther Muhammad at OSU is a heck of an on-ball-defender, Hagans is the best in this freshman class tho, for sure.

Roy Williams use of Nas Little is one of the strangest stories in college/draftwatching this year... How u have a team getting beat on the glass and a kid like that on the bench and don't use him, it's beyond my comprehension level...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Ja Morant is the real deal and he's now in my top five. Hands down the best PG in the draft, and he's put up big numbers against top competition, like Auburn today, and Alabama etc. Terrific court vision and great passer with either hand. This kid is going to be a star!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
PJ Washington filled the stat sheet versus North Carolina...solid game
I really like PJ, but his problem has been inconsistency. He'll have big game, and then a couple of so so games, and then another big game. I think some of it has to do with how he's being used by Calipari. But the kid has talent and if he can get it all together some team might have something.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Texas Tech choked that game away but Jarrett Culver had a killer showing, especially in the first half, he is fluid and balanced with the ball, dare I say ---- shades of Jimmy Butler. I caught a bunch of TTU games last year because they were really good and to check out Zhaire Smith, Culver seems to be one of the most drastically improved players in the nation, which bodes quite well for him moving forward.

Duke was ghastly at times, Barrett forcing so much unnecessary crap threw em in a funk, Cam Reddish is in some shooting slump, Tre Jones was huge for them in this game. I like what I see from a lot of their lesser used pieces in DeLaurier, Bolden and Jack White.
Culver is definitely a 1st rd pick. Don't know about the lottery, but who knows, it could happen. I like him a lot. TT should have won that game. They outplayed Duke for most of the game and let it get away at the end. I knew TT was going to be a tough matchup for Duke.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I really like PJ, but his problem has been inconsistency. He'll have big game, and then a couple of so so games, and then another big game. I think some of it has to do with how he's being used by Calipari. But the kid has talent and if he can get it all together some team might have something.
it's too bad he won't drop to the second round since the Kings have some picks there

Arizona State out of all teams beats number one Kansas...wow!
The freefall of Quentin Grimes continues... This situation is bad.. starting to remind me of Josh Selby's one-and-done year at Kansas. It's possible that his stock is souring to the point where he could fall to the Kings...

More of the same from Lu Dort tho, he gets into the paint at will but struggles finishing, has a bit of Emmanuel Mudiay-itis..

ASU has some peices; Cheatham and Cherry are legit, I like Remy Martin. Romello White should be a solid college player too.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Arizona State out of all teams beats number one Kansas...wow!
Well, I hate to say this, but Arizona St. is probably the best team in the Pac 12. To echo another observer, if Arizona St. wins the conference tournament, the Pac 12 may only have one team in the tournament. It's a real down year for the Pac 12.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The freefall of Quentin Grimes continues... This situation is bad.. starting to remind me of Josh Selby's one-and-done year at Kansas. It's possible that his stock is souring to the point where he could fall to the Kings...

More of the same from Lu Dort tho, he gets into the paint at will but struggles finishing, has a bit of Emmanuel Mudiay-itis..

ASU has some peices; Cheatham and Cherry are legit, I like Remy Martin. Romello White should be a solid college player too.
I now have Grimes in my 2nd rd. Dort struggles with his shooting, but makes up for it in other areas. I still have him in my 1st rd.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well, I hate to say this, but Arizona St. is probably the best team in the Pac 12. To echo another observer, if Arizona St. wins the conference tournament, the Pac 12 may only have one team in the tournament. It's a real down year for the Pac 12.
two questions. one, does ASU have any NBA caliber players and two; when was the last time they were ranked? Harden days?

two questions. one, does ASU have any NBA caliber players and two; when was the last time they were ranked? Harden days?
ASU was actually ranked in the top-5 last season before conference play IIRC, then they nosedived.. They have two NBA caliber players in Luguentz Dort and Taeshon Cherry. Both Freshman, Cherry comes off the bench and isn't a one-and-done player though, Dort appears to be a top 25 type of player in this upcoming draft though.

Cherry's name has also been dragged thru some of these recent court proceedings but I guess thats not of much relevance to this thread..

I'm still a believer Oregon will get it together, but yeah, it's unexpectedly ugly. Being an east coast guy, really seems like Nevada is the best team out west...

I now have Grimes in my 2nd rd. Dort struggles with his shooting, but makes up for it in other areas. I still have him in my 1st rd.
same.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Speaking of draft order, here is my current revised 1st rd. Quite a few changes and I'm sure there will be more before the season ends.

1. Zion Williamson: 6'7" - SF/PF - Duke
2. R. J. Barrett: 6'7" - SF - Duke
3. Cameron Reddish: 6'8" - SF - Duke
4. De'Andre Hunter: 6'8" - SF - Virginia
5. Ja Morant: 6'3" - PG - Murray St.
6. Nassir Little: 6'7" - SF - N. Carolina
7. Keldon Johnson: 6'5" - SG - Kentucky
8. Kevin Porter: 6'6" - SG/SF - USC
9. Bol Bol: 7'2" - C - Oregon
10. Jarrett Culver: 6'5" - SG - Texas Tech
11. Romeo Langford: 6'6" - SG - Indiana
12. Darius Garland: 6'2" - PG - Vanderbilt
13. Rui Hachimura: 6'8" - SF/PF - Gonzaga
14. Daniel Gafford: 6'11" - C - Arkansas
15. Luguentz Dort: 6'4" - SG - Arizona St.
16. K. Z. Okpala: 6'8" - SF - Stanford
17. Coby White: 6'4" - PG - N. Carolina
18. Sekou Doumbouya: - 6'8" - SF/PF - Pointers-International
19. Nickeil Alexander-Walker: 6'5" - SG - Virginia Tech
20. Tre Jones: 6'2" - PG - Duke
21. Ty Jerome: 6'5" - PG - Virginia
22. Jontay Porter: 6'11" - PF/C - Missouri
23. Brandon Clarke: 6'8" - PF - Gonzaga
24. Simi craptu: 6'10" - PF - Vanderbilt
25. Admiral Schofield: 6'5" - SG/SF - Tennessee
26. Darius Bazley: 6'9" - PF -
27. Grant Williams: 6'7" - SF/PF - Tennessee
28. P. J. Washington: 6'7" - SF - Kentucky
29. Naz Reid: 6'10" - C/PF - LSU
30. Dylan Windler: 6'7" - SF/SG - Belmont

The last ten are tough because there are several players that I left off the 1st rd list that one could argue should be on it. Players like Charles Mathews, Charles Bassey, Shamorie Ponds, Carson Edwards, Quentin Grimes, Jalen McDaniels, Killian Tillie, Louis King, Zach Norvell, Eric Paschall, Talen Horton-Tucker, etc. Somewhere within the last ten, and those I just mentioned, there's a star, maybe two. The trick is figure out who it is. Point being is that there will be some good players available in the 2nd rd for the Kings. All they have to do is do their homework.

I'm sure some national polls will disagree with me, but I'm going on what I've seen with my own eyes. I have made a few exceptions based on overall talent, like Nassir Little, who frankly has disappointed me at times, but has so much potential, I simply can't drop him down. At least not yet. I thought about dropping Dort down a little, but decided to go with him for now. My gut tells me that Windler has the talent to be higher, but he's a senior, and teams tend to downgrade players for age, and he comes from a mid-level conference.

There are some very unique players in this draft, and I'm not just talking about Zion. Admiral Schofield is only 6'5", but he weighs around 240, and has a 7'1" wingspan. He's also a very good athlete. His running mate Grant Williams is another strange player at 6'7"and just under 240, but also with a big wingspan. Both players play much taller than they are, and both can play. Williams is one of those players that could end up being a star at the next level. Or not! Anyway, that's it for now. Merry Christmas everyone!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Luguentz Dort is definitely NBA caliber. He has a couple of warts, like becoming more consistent with his jumpshot, freethrows, and finishing, but I have him going in the 1st rd.

Here's my latest/end of the year update. Listed a bunch of extra names (in blue) in the 2nd rnd, their range is where I have em, I just didn't feel like cutting it down further :p

1. CLE - Zion Williamson - PF/SF - Duke - Fr.
2. NY - Bol Bol - C - Oregon - Fr.
3. PHX -Cam Reddish - SG/SF - Duke - Fr.
4. CHI- . Romeo Langford - CG - Indiana - Fr
5. ATL - Ja Morant - PG/SG - Murray St. - So.
6. WAS - Keldon Johnson - SG/SF - Kentucky - Fr.
7. ORL - R.J. Barrett - SG/SF - Duke - Fr.
8. NO - Kevin Porter Jr. - SG/SF - USC - Fr.
9. MIN- De'Andre Hunter - SF/PF - Virginia - RS So.
10. BKN -Jarrett Culver - SG - Texas Tech - So.
11. ATL - Charles Bassey - PF/C - WKU - Fr.
12. UTA - Rui Hachimura - SF/PF - Gonzaga - Jr.
13. BOS - Moses Brown - C - UCLA - Fr.
14. SAS- Nickeil Alexander-Walker - SG - Va. Tech - So.
15. MIA -Darius Garland - PG - Vanderbilt - Fr.
16. CHA- Kezie Okpala - SF - Stanford - So.
17. DET - Louis King - SF - Oregon - Fr.
18. BOS - Simi sh*ttu - PF/SF - Vanderbilt - Fr.
19. HOU - Nas Little - SF/PF - UNC - Fr.
20. POR -Jaxson Hayes - PF/C - Texas - Fr.
21. BOS - Sekou Doumboya - SF/PF - Poiters - International '00
22. LAL - Jalen McDaniels - PF - SDSU - So.
23. BOS - Daniel Gafford - C - Arkansas - So.
24. PHI - Goga Bitadze - C - Mega Bemax - International '99
25. OKC -Ty Jerome - CG - Virginia - Jr.
26. IND -Jalen Smith - C/PF - Maryland - Fr.
27. GS - Mustapha Heron - SG - St. Johns - So.
28. BKN - Nick Weatherspoon - PG - Mississippi St. - So.
29. MIL - Lugentz Dort - SG/CG - ASU - Fr.
30. SAS - Jordan Nwora - SF/PF - Louisville - So.

rd 2

31. Chuma Okeke - PF - Auburn - So. Kristafer Wilkes - SF - UCLA - So.
32. Dedric Lawson - F - Kansas - Jr.
33. Chris Smith - F - UCLA - So.Ignas Bradzekis - SF - Michigan - Fr.
34. Jordan Poole - CG - Michigan - So.Coby White - CG - UNC - Fr.
35. Brandon Clarke - PF - Gonzaga - Jr.
36. Ty-Shon Alexander - SG/CG - Creighton - So.Zach Norvell - SG - Gonzaga - So.
37. Bruno Fernando - C/PF - Maryland - So.
38. PJ Washington - PF/SF - Kentucky - So.Herb Jones - SF - Alabama - So.
39. Devon Dotson - PG - Kansas - Fr.Talen Horton-Tucker - SF/SG - ISU - Fr.
40. Tre Jones - PG - Duke - Fr.
41.Aric Holman - PF - Mississippi St. - Sr.Jaylen Hands - PG - UCLA - So.
42. Carsen Edwards - PG - Purdue - Jr.Markus Howard - PG - Marquette - Jr.
43. Shamorie Ponds - PG - St. Johns - Jr.Kyle Guy - CG - Virginia - Jr.
44. LaGerald Vick - SG/SF - Kansas - Sr.
45. Austin Wiley - C/PF - Auburn - Jr. Filip Petrusev C/PF - Gonzaga - Fr.
46. Quinton Rose - SF/SG - Temple - Jr.
47. Jaylen Nowell -PG/SG - Washington - So.
48. Kellan Grady - SG - Davidson - So.
49. Andrew Nembhard - PG - Florida - Fr.
50. Ky Bowman - CG - Boston College - Jr.
51. Brian Bowen - SF - USA '98
52. Marques Bolden - C - Duke - Jr.Ashton Hagans - CG - Kentucky - Fr.
53. Darius Bazley - SF/PF - USA '00
54. Eric Paschall - F - Villanova - Sr.
55. Tyus Battle - SG/SF - Syracuse - Jr.Jordan Caroline - SF/PF - Nevada - Sr.
56. Lamar Peters - PG - Mississippi St. - Jr.
57. Adam Mokoka - SG - Mega Bemax - International '98
58. Udoka Azubuike - C - Kansas - Jr.Jessie Govan - C - Georgetown - Sr.
59. Jarrey Foster - SG/SF - SMU - Sr. Matisse Thybulle - Washington - Sr.
60. Jalen Lecque - SG - Brewster Academy - Prep School

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Here's my latest/end of the year update. Listed a bunch of extra names (in blue) in the 2nd rnd, their range is where I have em, I just didn't feel like cutting it down further :p

1. CLE - Zion Williamson - PF/SF - Duke - Fr.
2. NY - Bol Bol - C - Oregon - Fr.
3. PHX -Cam Reddish - SG/SF - Duke - Fr.
4. CHI- . Romeo Langford - CG - Indiana - Fr
5. ATL - Ja Morant - PG/SG - Murray St. - So.
6. WAS - Keldon Johnson - SG/SF - Kentucky - Fr.
7. ORL - R.J. Barrett - SG/SF - Duke - Fr.
8. NO - Kevin Porter Jr. - SG/SF - USC - Fr.
9. MIN- De'Andre Hunter - SF/PF - Virginia - RS So.
10. BKN -Jarrett Culver - SG - Texas Tech - So.
11. ATL - Charles Bassey - PF/C - WKU - Fr.
12. UTA - Rui Hachimura - SF/PF - Gonzaga - Jr.
13. BOS - Moses Brown - C - UCLA - Fr.
14. SAS- Nickeil Alexander-Walker - SG - Va. Tech - So.
15. MIA -Darius Garland - PG - Vanderbilt - Fr.
16. CHA- Kezie Okpala - SF - Stanford - So.
17. DET - Louis King - SF - Oregon - Fr.
18. BOS - Simi sh*ttu - PF/SF - Vanderbilt - Fr.
19. HOU - Nas Little - SF/PF - UNC - Fr.
20. POR -Jaxson Hayes - PF/C - Texas - Fr.
21. BOS - Sekou Doumboya - SF/PF - Poiters - International '00
22. LAL - Jalen McDaniels - PF - SDSU - So.
23. BOS - Daniel Gafford - C - Arkansas - So.
24. PHI - Goga Bitadze - C - Mega Bemax - International '99
25. OKC -Ty Jerome - CG - Virginia - Jr.
26. IND -Jalen Smith - C/PF - Maryland - Fr.
27. GS - Mustapha Heron - SG - St. Johns - So.
28. BKN - Nick Weatherspoon - PG - Mississippi St. - So.
29. MIL - Lugentz Dort - SG/CG - ASU - Fr.
30. SAS - Jordan Nwora - SF/PF - Louisville - So.

rd 2

31. Chuma Okeke - PF - Auburn - So. Kristafer Wilkes - SF - UCLA - So.
32. Dedric Lawson - F - Kansas - Jr.
33. Chris Smith - F - UCLA - So.Ignas Bradzekis - SF - Michigan - Fr.
34. Jordan Poole - CG - Michigan - So.Coby White - CG - UNC - Fr.
35. Brandon Clarke - PF - Gonzaga - Jr.
36. Ty-Shon Alexander - SG/CG - Creighton - So.Zach Norvell - SG - Gonzaga - So.
37. Bruno Fernando - C/PF - Maryland - So.
38. PJ Washington - PF/SF - Kentucky - So.Herb Jones - SF - Alabama - So.
39. Devon Dotson - PG - Kansas - Fr.Talen Horton-Tucker - SF/SG - ISU - Fr.
40. Tre Jones - PG - Duke - Fr.
41.Aric Holman - PF - Mississippi St. - Sr.Jaylen Hands - PG - UCLA - So.
42. Carsen Edwards - PG - Purdue - Jr.Markus Howard - PG - Marquette - Jr.
43. Shamorie Ponds - PG - St. Johns - Jr.Kyle Guy - CG - Virginia - Jr.
44. LaGerald Vick - SG/SF - Kansas - Sr.
45. Austin Wiley - C/PF - Auburn - Jr. Filip Petrusev C/PF - Gonzaga - Fr.
46. Quinton Rose - SF/SG - Temple - Jr.
47. Jaylen Nowell -PG/SG - Washington - So.
48. Kellan Grady - SG - Davidson - So.
49. Andrew Nembhard - PG - Florida - Fr.
50. Ky Bowman - CG - Boston College - Jr.
51. Brian Bowen - SF - USA '98
52. Marques Bolden - C - Duke - Jr.Ashton Hagans - CG - Kentucky - Fr.
53. Darius Bazley - SF/PF - USA '00
54. Eric Paschall - F - Villanova - Sr.
55. Tyus Battle - SG/SF - Syracuse - Jr.Jordan Caroline - SF/PF - Nevada - Sr.
56. Lamar Peters - PG - Mississippi St. - Jr.
57. Adam Mokoka - SG - Mega Bemax - International '98
58. Udoka Azubuike - C - Kansas - Jr.Jessie Govan - C - Georgetown - Sr.
59. Jarrey Foster - SG/SF - SMU - Sr. Matisse Thybulle - Washington - Sr.
60. Jalen Lecque - SG - Brewster Academy - Prep School

I think that anyone that looks at both our mocks can see that there is a wide range of talent, but it's a matter of objectivity as to where they will go in the draft. You have Charles Bassey at 11 and I have him at the top of the 2nd rd. Either of us could be right. Long way to go though, and plenty of time for either of us to change our mind. One guy that surprises me is Azubuike. That dude should rebound better than he does. Kansas again!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
There are a few players that most people aren't aware of, but who could work their way into being drafted, if they indeed declare. One of these is Michael Wang from Penn. Yep, you heard it, an Ivy League school. Wang is a 6'9"/6'10", SF/PF. I probably see him more as a future stretch four as he matures and add's muscle. In 18.6 mpg he's averaging 11.2 ppg. His overall shooting percentage is 57.1%, while shooting 40.5% from the three. He also averages around 4 boards a game and 1.4 assists a game.

He doesn't blow you away with assist numbers, but every once in a while he'll make a very nice pass to where you go wow, didn't see that coming, so I can see potential for the future.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Staying in that same vein of players you may not have heard of, this player is one of my favorites who may or may not declare. If he declares he's probably a 2nd rd pick, and if he's sitting there when the King's 2nd rd pick comes up, you take him. I'm referring to Neemias Queta, the 6'11" center for Utah St. He's an excellent athlete with a great motor, and who plays with an intensity at both ends of the floor. Right now his calling card is defense, and if the King's are concerned about Willie, then this is a guy you could start grooming as his replacement.

Queta reportedly has a 7'5" wingspan and a 9'6" standing reach. He's averaging 9.7 ppg on 63.3% shooting overall. He's also averaging 33.3% from the three, but the sample size is so small it's irrelevant. However, he does have a nice looking shooting stroke. Offensively, he shows promise, but is still a work in progress. Defensively, he's a force, averaging 2.2 blocks per game along with 7.8 rebounds, all in 22 minutes per game. He's an explosive athlete with good and quick hops. He has good lateral quickness and defends on the perimeter, and the P&R very well.

Staying in that same vein of players you may not have heard of, this player is one of my favorites who may or may not declare. If he declares he's probably a 2nd rd pick, and if he's sitting there when the King's 2nd rd pick comes up, you take him. I'm referring to Neemias Queta, the 6'11" center for Utah St. He's an excellent athlete with a great motor, and who plays with an intensity at both ends of the floor. Right now his calling card is defense, and if the King's are concerned about Willie, then this is a guy you could start grooming as his replacement.

Queta reportedly has a 7'5" wingspan and a 9'6" standing reach. He's averaging 9.7 ppg on 63.3% shooting overall. He's also averaging 33.3% from the three, but the sample size is so small it's irrelevant. However, he does have a nice looking shooting stroke. Offensively, he shows promise, but is still a work in progress. Defensively, he's a force, averaging 2.2 blocks per game along with 7.8 rebounds, all in 22 minutes per game. He's an explosive athlete with good and quick hops. He has good lateral quickness and defends on the perimeter, and the P&R very well.

I hope we could get him with our 2nd if there. When KK is gone, a young defensive stalwart big like this that isn't a lumbering buffalo is just the kind of guy I'd like developing at end of bench.

There are a few players that most people aren't aware of, but who could work their way into being drafted, if they indeed declare. One of these is Michael Wang from Penn. Yep, you heard it, an Ivy League school. Wang is a 6'9"/6'10", SF/PF. I probably see him more as a future stretch four as he matures and add's muscle. In 18.6 mpg he's averaging 11.2 ppg. His overall shooting percentage is 57.1%, while shooting 40.5% from the three. He also averages around 4 boards a game and 1.4 assists a game.

He doesn't blow you away with assist numbers, but every once in a while he'll make a very nice pass to where you go wow, didn't see that coming, so I can see potential for the future.

He played at Mater Dei HS IIRC, I've seen him before. he's slimmed down significantly it looks like.. Wang's been around that tall for many years now. That kid can shoot it.

Tulane has a very good Chinese freshman Kevin Zhang who's about 6'8" and more of a wing.