Following 2019 draftees!!!

Cheick Mbacke Diong on UNLV off to a crazy start. Lots of blocks. I think very highly of his potential.

He took a 3 in this one.

Oh also, there's a HS kid that will be eligible for this draft and he's 6'10 and can block shots and shoot 3's, named Akok Akok. It's a story worth keeping an eye on.

Just caught the Cuse-Oregon replay.

Bol with a bigtime bounceback game. He is only 7'2" no taller, Clearly shorter than Chukwu who was hot garbage. U can't play zone vs Bol, just put him in the middle and he'll break it from the inside out. Too skilled.

Brissett was really bad in this game missed his first 6 or 7 shots.

Kenny Wooten threw down a naasty alley oop. when Lou King returns they'll be a whole nother animal.

Jalen Carey Cuse Freshman guard looks legit.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Just caught the Cuse-Oregon replay.

Bol with a bigtime bounceback game. He is only 7'2" no taller, Clearly shorter than Chukwu who was hot garbage. U can't play zone vs Bol, just put him in the middle and he'll break it from the inside out. Too skilled.

Brissett was really bad in this game missed his first 6 or 7 shots.

Kenny Wooten threw down a naasty alley oop. when Lou King returns they'll be a whole nother animal.

Jalen Carey Cuse Freshman guard looks legit.
Yeah, I also watched the game. Excellent game by Bol Bol.. Very talented big man, and it really showed against the backdrop of playing against Chukwu, whose main talent is being tall.

Don't know if you caught the UCLA game, but Moses Brown looks like the real deal to me. I realize he's not going up against top competition right now, but he's been very impressive. At the moment he's having a bigger impact than Ayton did last year at the same time. 23 pts, 14 boards and 8 blocks. Lets see if he can keep it up once conference play starts.

Has there been any word when King will return? He could make Oregon the favorite in the PAC 12.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Cheick Mbacke Diong on UNLV off to a crazy start. Lots of blocks. I think very highly of his potential.

He took a 3 in this one.

Oh also, there's a HS kid that will be eligible for this draft and he's 6'10 and can block shots and shoot 3's, named Akok Akok. It's a story worth keeping an eye on.

The way Akok gets off the ground he reminds me of Bagley. It looks like he's on a pogo stick. Kid has some great hops. Looks like he can shoot it a little bit as well.

Yeah, I also watched the game. Excellent game by Bol Bol.. Very talented big man, and it really showed against the backdrop of playing against Chukwu, whose main talent is being tall.

Don't know if you caught the UCLA game, but Moses Brown looks like the real deal to me. I realize he's not going up against top competition right now, but he's been very impressive. At the moment he's having a bigger impact than Ayton did last year at the same time. 23 pts, 14 boards and 8 blocks. Lets see if he can keep it up once conference play starts.

Has there been any word when King will return? He could make Oregon the favorite in the PAC 12.
Moses Brown killin it! Didn't see the game but I did think he was a likely first rd 1-and-done going into the season, which apparent;y wasn't a popular opinion, though I couldn't tell ya why.

Lou King will be back in 1 or 2 weeks max apparently he's been warming up and looks good.

The way Akok gets off the ground he reminds me of Bagley. It looks like he's on a pogo stick. Kid has some great hops. Looks like he can shoot it a little bit as well.
Yeah when he started blowing up the recruiting rankings I remember checking out some footage and wondering how was he ranked so low in the first place.

This skillset has big potential in todays NBA. There's a kid thats too young for this draft that ESPN has projected as a lottery pick in 2020 Amar Sylla with some similarities.

6'10 250lb Junior BigmanNathan Knight on William & Mary is legit. People would be surprised just how complete his game is. Passes the eye test easily this year. He's obviously in better shape this year, good sign.

He legit does it all. Can shoot 3's and passes, plus all your standard bigman dirtywork. Strong legs.

wooowwww what a choke job by the hoosiers. How do they not give the ball to Langford on that last play?!? and then disaster ensues... He went to Indiana for that?!? and they had a timeout?!?! and De'Ron davis misses a point plant tip in...

Daniel Gafford was unstoppable in this second half huge game for him.

Kira Lewis went off for bama, he'd be relevant to this thread but he's actually too young for the 2019 draft LOL. 6'2" guard with lightning quickness, and a lot of burst with the dribble.

Oh a super sleeper is Isaiah Mucius 6'8" Freshman Sf at Wake Forest. He's been hot from 3 to start which is a very big deal. He has the frame of an NBA player..

4-star kid that hovered around the 50-100 range of the class rankings.

AJ Lawson on South Carolina is LEGIT, he's gonna gain plenty of hype in the coming months u can take that to the bank! He's clearly their best/most complete player and he's just a skinny freshman.

Feast Week is upon us! I'ma be watching a ton of games and replays so expect a barrage of updates here. I'll try to keep them bulleted and just a sentence or 2.

I'm on a mission for this thread, in a year with just 2nd rd picks at stake, to run laps around last years thread which existed in a lottery bound season :D

Caught some of the Va Tech - Purdue 2nd half, which was a big comeback win for Va Tech. Nickeil Alexander-Walker played well hes an interesting piece to talk about on the Kings IMO, he'll be out of range tho.

Michael Weathers is back! 16 points, 5 boards, 2 ast, 2stl, 1blk, 6/8 from the field made his only 3.

Kansas coach Bill Self on the play of Lagerald Vick in scoring 32 against Vermont on Monday and 33 Friday night in the Jayhawks' win over Louisiana: "I don't think we've ever had anybody have a week like this... He's playing at a ridiculously high level."

Brian Bowen II, the former five-star prospect at the center of an FBI investigation into college basketball corruption, filed a federal racketeering lawsuit against Adidas on Monday.

The lawsuit alleges Adidas and its associates engaged in bribery, fraud and money laundering at the expense of Bowen's eligibility and athletic development.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in South Carolina by the McLeod Law Group, includes Adidas associates James Gatto, Merl Code, Christian Dawkins, Munish Sood, Thomas "T.J." Gassnola and Christopher Rivers. Gatto, Code and Dawkins were defendants in October's FBI trial, while Sood and Gassnola were called as witnesses after pleading guilty earlier this year.

"Adidas has thus far infiltrated college basketball with complete impunity," lead attorney Mullins McLeod said. "It is now time for them to answer for what they have done and to suffer the consequences of their corporate misconduct. Brian is an exceptional young man who is determined to right this wrong and to do his part to help free other student athletes from corporate corruption that has no place in college basketball."

Bowen committed to Louisville in June 2017, but he never played a game for the Cardinals after the FBI announced its investigation in September 2017. Brian Bowen Sr., who was accused of agreeing to a pay-for-play scheme to receive $100,000 from Adidas to send his son to Louisville, testified in federal court in October that he received thousands of dollars from Gassnola, Dawkins and Rivers to play for Adidas-affiliated grassroots programs. He and Sood also testified that Bowen Sr. received $19,4000 in cash as the first of four payments for Bowen II to attend Louisville.

Bowen II was held out of competition at Louisville and transferred to South Carolina, but signed a professional contract in Australia in August.

Bowen II has always maintained he was not aware of his father's schemes, and Monday morning's announcement said the deals were "unbeknownst to Brian."

"I have always felt that Brian was the true victim of everything that transpired with Adidas," said attorney Jason A. Setchen, who represented Bowen II in his NCAA case. "I have always felt that Brian was the true victim of everything that transpired with Adidas. Brian has been severely damaged due to the actions of others and treated unjustly. I am happy that the McLeod Law Group has undertaken the pursuit of justice on behalf of Brian. I look forward to working in conjunction with them to ensure that Brian finally gets his day in court."

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Oh a super sleeper is Isaiah Mucius 6'8" Freshman Sf at Wake Forest. He's been hot from 3 to start which is a very big deal. He has the frame of an NBA player..

4-star kid that hovered around the 50-100 range of the class rankings.
Shhhh! He's my secret... Yeah, he's averaging a tick over 46% from the three. He has some holes in his game, but he's young, and great size for the SF position. Funny that they have him listed at 198 pounds. That dude has to weigh more than that. He's definitely a player to keep your eye on.

Shamorie Ponds is really really good. I don't see how he's gonna fall out of the first rd. I'll edit in the highlights when their posted. He's like surgical at this point 0 turnovers....

Last edited:
Wrong thread but Anthony Edwards is reclassifying up a year, he'll be eligible for the 2020 draft. I believe 247 is gonna put him as the #1 player in the class. He's a bigtime talent, extremely impressive scorer.

a Vlade sighting at the Illinois/Iowa State game...potentially scoping out second round draft picks
I was just coming here to post about Talen Horton-Tucker. I bet he's the one Vlade was watching. Thats the type of kid they could promise to select to convince him to stay in the draft pool.

He grabbed 14 boards, 6 assists, 26 points and hit his 3's in this one, and he's only about 6'4½" maybe 6'5" but the kid is really strong for a freshman.

does it really matter with no first round draft pick and very minimal chance at Zion, Reddish or Barrett?
There's still plenty of prospects that could be in our range that'll play. The thing that sucks for this as a matchup is Danjel Purifoy isn't eligible to play til December 15th, and Auburn could really use him.

Tre Jones
Javin DeLaurier
Marques Bolden
Anfernee McLemore
Austin Wiley

and if u wanna check for a real sleeper keep an eye on Chuma Okeke Sophomore Forward for Auburn.

Plus this game features one of the ultimate "if he was a few inches taller" players in the nation, Jared Harper.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Rui has improved so much since last year. Before the season started, I said I doubt he'd be able to carry an offense without Tillie...yet here he is. He's lotto bound
But I think his improvement on defense has been even more drastic.

I love that he's showing so much improvement but I hate it in that it lowers our chances of even being in the range to draft him to something like -20%