Following 2019 draftees!!!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
http://instagr.am/p/BpqkYOylKuK/
Pretty sure he'll be listed at 7'3" or even 7'4" in the NBA.
First of all, I like Oregon's new uniforms. The don't blind my eye's like the other one's. Second of all, I really, really like Bol Bol. I think he's a more skilled version of Bamba. Barring some miracle, the Kings will have no shot at him, but he should be fun to watch down the road. It will be interesting to see if Oregon can get all it's horses on the same page. A lot of talent on that team.

First of all, I like Oregon's new uniforms. The don't blind my eye's like the other one's. Second of all, I really, really like Bol Bol. I think he's a more skilled version of Bamba. Barring some miracle, the Kings will have no shot at him, but he should be fun to watch down the road. It will be interesting to see if Oregon can get all it's horses on the same page. A lot of talent on that team.
Oregon is the one team I feel like could have a new uniform design for every game. I like Mo better, but I think Bol could go as high as #1 in this draft. Bassey is the only contender who could possibly give him a run for the top C spot in this draft right now as far as I'm concerned, Gafford and lets say Moses Brown or Naz Reid aren't in reach IMO. But it's unlikely anyone can unseat Bol from the top spot, he is underrated in mocks right now by the consensus.

I first saw Bol when he was listed at 6'10 and it's clear he's put on plenty of good weight since then, especially in his lower body, his just overall hand-eye coordination always just struck me as alarming

I don't think Jordan Brown on Nevada ends up a target for the Kings in this draft. not so sure about Aric Holman's chances at Mississippi St either.

types of players they might figure to be redundant to Marvin.

Part of the issue is they are too light, so they don't pair well.

Sign me up for Tyus Battle with one of the 2nd rd picks btw, he's trying to go higher than that. He's a match with this style and pace, he's fast and tough and hustles and has glue guy written all over him, i'ma firm beliver in this type of system/tempo his game will scale down from the high reps he gets at Cuse nicely.
type of player who could be plugged in early too.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Oregon is the one team I feel like could have a new uniform design for every game. I like Mo better, but I think Bol could go as high as #1 in this draft. Bassey is the only contender who could possibly give him a run for the top C spot in this draft right now as far as I'm concerned, Gafford and lets say Moses Brown or Naz Reid aren't in reach IMO. But it's unlikely anyone can unseat Bol from the top spot, he is underrated in mocks right now by the consensus.

I first saw Bol when he was listed at 6'10 and it's clear he's put on plenty of good weight since then, especially in his lower body, his just overall hand-eye coordination always just struck me as alarming
Yeah, I think a lot of people that aren't really familiar with Bol are going to think, like father like son. But he's a completely different player than his father. He's a very coordinated athlete. He obviously needs to get stronger, but then most college freshmen do. I have nothing against Mo, I just think that Bol is a smarter player at this stage of his career. But hey, I would take either of them...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Sign me up for Tyus Battle with one of the 2nd rd picks btw, he's trying to go higher than that. He's a match with this style and pace, he's fast and tough and hustles and has glue guy written all over him, i'ma firm beliver in this type of system/tempo his game will scale down from the high reps he gets at Cuse nicely.
type of player who could be plugged in early too.
OK, here goes... I like Battle and he passes all the eye tests, and to be honest, I don't think you could go too wrong with him as a 2nd rd pick. But as a 1st rd pick, which is irrelevant, because the Kings don't have one, I would be a bit hesitant. Why you ask? Because he plays for Syracuse! I have been burned by more Syracuse players than any other school, and it's not even close. Yeah, yeah, I realize that there are exceptions, and Battle may be one of those. But Syracuse does the best job of hiding players inefficiencies than any school I know of. That's to their credit by the way.

That said, so far this appears to be a weak draft with all the talent located at the very top with a severe drop off coming at around the 7th or 8th pick. That could change of course as the season progresses, but because of it being a weaker draft, I think Battle, if he can get his 3 pt percentage back up to around 36/37%, sneaks into the 1st round.

OK, here goes... I like Battle and he passes all the eye tests, and to be honest, I don't think you could go too wrong with him as a 2nd rd pick. But as a 1st rd pick, which is irrelevant, because the Kings don't have one, I would be a bit hesitant. Why you ask? Because he plays for Syracuse! I have been burned by more Syracuse players than any other school, and it's not even close. Yeah, yeah, I realize that there are exceptions, and Battle may be one of those. But Syracuse does the best job of hiding players inefficiencies than any school I know of. That's to their credit by the way.
Ha. Fair enough. I try my hardest to stay objective. Let me guess -- you were a believer in Tyler Ennis and by default Malachi Richardson ?

I like their Sophomore from Slovakia, Marek Dolezaj, he's apparently grown an inch hope he takes a big step forward this season.

Brissett's worth keeping an eye on.

That said, so far this appears to be a weak draft with all the talent located at the very top with a severe drop off coming at around the 7th or 8th pick. That could change of course as the season progresses, but because of it being a weaker draft, I think Battle, if he can get his 3 pt percentage back up to around 36/37%, sneaks into the 1st round.
Undrafted Allonzo Trier is dropping 15+ a night for the Knicks and they have 2nd rd pick Mitchell Robinson starting at C! I'm keeping high hopes for this draft, despite that it does look weaker than the last few, and the next few, I still think that time will prove it's pretty good, this class will make a boatload of $$$ combined.

I feel like most of the drafts this decade have come in better than most expected, even the dreaded 2013 doesn't look half bad these days.

Tough for Tillie but probably going to be a big boost to Rui Hachimura's draft stock/
Hacimuira is an interesting player. We've seen him be a capable ball handler at the FIBA Asia level, but it's not a skill that has translated into the NCAA. I also question his feel for the game. Every time I watch him, he gives me Skal vibes. He needs to play hard and aggressive.

Hachimura has a lot of talent, but his lack of professional development at the youth level really shows. The AAU gets a bad rep, but I think he would've benefited tremendously had he gone through the circuits. He's playing catchup right now, and for that reason, I wouldn't be surprised if teams think he has a lot more room to grow than an American player of his age+tools. I don't think he's ready for a heavy load at Gonzaga though.

Romeo Langford is the top guard in this draft there's no doubt in my mind and it's not gonna be easy for any guard to unseat him. he looks jacked and on top of his game in the opener..

Yeesh. Kansas is LOADED.

Grimes has been lights out.

Dotson will be better.

Udoka crushing Nick Ward.

I don't like what Izzo's doing with these rotations, they can't even bring the ball up right now...

Devon Dotson Kansas Freshman PG is gonna make me look good on my preseason 1st rd pick prediction. He's crushing Cash Winston in this matchup, he's bigger and faster and quicker.

Quentin Grimes playing like a top-20 pick in this one.

Chandler Lawson brings a ton of skills to the table. He could be a match with the Kings. We'll be talking about Lawson brothers for many years in these draftees threads :D.

Andrew Nembhard 6'4" Freshman PG from Canada on Florida is a player to watch. Just hit his first 3. Many presume he's a future pro and the question is more of when rather than if. There's a chance he could have a Tyler Ennis like frosh year and catapult into the 1st, he's a true floor general.

Jalen Hudson looks LEAN. Good sign for him. Kambengele looks LEAN too. and Terrence Mann looks somehow even more jacked than last year, massive traps.

FSU Sophomore SG 6'4" MJ Walker off to a hot start. I like him a lot. He was a major Wide Receiver recruit too.

7'4" Christ Koumadje looks to have added some nice muscle, he still runs quite well for that size. Pretty sure he'll break records if he gets a combine invite.

Last edited:
Kezie Okpala 29points 10 rebs 5 assists fro Stanford watch out!

Also Chuma Okeke with 20pts 9 boards 5 assists 3 stl 3 blks for Auburn.

Hachimuira scored 33 in Gonzaga's opener.

UCLA had a bunch of interesting statlines in their opener, how about 17 boards for Moses Brown? 27points 10 boards for Kris Wilkes. Jaylen jHands with 18 and 7 assists and Chris Smith with 13points 8 boards and 2 dimes.

Matisse Thybulle has 6 blocks and counting in this game... He's gonna run away with the defensive player in the pac 12 award again.

A double-double for Emmitt Williams(LSU) in 16 minutes.

Ty Jerome drops 20 for UVA.

Duke's trio shines. Keldon Johnson, Tyler Herro and EJ Montgomery showed well for UK --- Nick Richards once again was a mistake-prone disaster.

Andrew Jones is back!

Jaxson Hayes a freshman to watch for Texas, he had a crazy block and then dunk sequence in this game and very good stats. He;s like 6'11", kid who had a big growth spurt late.

Just finished watching the highlight package for Zion vs Kentucky. OMG! Yeah, pretty sure that guy could step into the NBA right away and be a star. Whoever gets the #1 pick is very very lucky.

Just finished watching the highlight package for Zion vs Kentucky. OMG! Yeah, pretty sure that guy could step into the NBA right away and be a star. Whoever gets the #1 pick is very very lucky.
Seriously. That play where he "blocked" that guy by just taking the ball from him in mid air and then going the length of the court and dropping that dime to his teammate was something to behold.

Seriously. That play where he "blocked" that guy by just taking the ball from him in mid air and then going the length of the court and dropping that dime to his teammate was something to behold.
That guy is Nick Richards, who was making mistake after mistake after mistake last night(once again), he has been for me possibly the most frustrating recruit in the UK/coach cal era, in Daniel Orton territory,, cuz I was never really sold on him coming in,...

For all the accolades/hype/whatever this Kentucky team will receive the rim-protection is considerably worse than it should be given their position to land big-time recruits.

Richards is a player u can find on some mock drafts, he's old for a senior but moves well, he's dreadfully mistake-prone.

of all the things on that boxscore that stand-out: PJ Washington with 2 rebounds is there, and part of that is richards.

The good news is that EJ Montgomery looked every bit of 6'11", and showed well he looked 1½" or more taller orthan Javin DeLaurier who Duke lists at 6'10".

Last edited:
Grad x-fer (from Virginia) Marial Shayok had a very nice debut for Iowa State last night. He's 6'6" and probably wont get drafted but lemme just say right now I'd love to see him on the SL squad and possibly preseason. Canadian kid. He's got a decent skillset and a pro frame. He'll get looks.

Possible 1st rder Jalen Smith had 19 and 13 for MAryland in his debut and it looks like they really needed it bad.
Bruno Fernando was 6/6 in this game with 3 blocks in 19 minutes, a good start for their dynamic bigman tandem.

Carsen Edwards drops a quick 30. Haarms with 9-8-3blks in 17 minutes.

It's good to see Mark Smith off to a good start at Mizzou with 5 3-pointers and 10 boards! He could gain hype quickly if he keeps shooting like that.

Jeremiah Tilmon who's gotten overshadowed by the Porter Bro's and Mark Smith will need to carry Mizzou if their gonna go aanywhere.

Last edited:
Leugentz Dort drops 28 with 9 boards and 3 stls for ASU in his debut

Kevin Porter Jr 6/7 from the field 2/2 from 3 5 rebs 1ast 1blk in 24 mins in his debut.

oh for the small-school sleeper list definitely add Freshman (tho he's old) Lamine Diane 6'7" SF from Senegal, he plays for CS Northridge and dropped 34 in his debut vs New Mexico. He's a Findlay prep kid. The Lobo's barely escapd this one. Malauch had 15.

Kellan Grady with 24 and 7 boards to start the season for Davidson and a hot start from 3.

Ty-Shon Alexander with 12-6-5 for Creighton, 6'4" combo guard could be a sophomore flying under the radar. I always thought he passed the eye test.

Jalen McDaniels with a sweet stat line 19 -9-5ast-3stl (1/2 from 3)

10 steals from St Johns starting lineup the 3 guard look of Shamorie Ponds-Justin Simon-Mustapha Heron is deadly when rolling.

Tres Tinkle with 19-8-7

Last edited:
Zion Williamson is going #1. Dude's a freak. Only red flag is his weight. How does he carry that when he's older? What's the impact on his knees. Dude needs to find a trainer and work on that body from day one.

Kris Wilkes is a stud. Would very much like him on the Kings next year. Has the makings of being a deadly shooter + a 6'8 body. Worse case, he's a ten year 3 and D.

Zion Williamson is going #1. Dude's a freak. Only red flag is his weight. How does he carry that when he's older? What's the impact on his knees. Dude needs to find a trainer and work on that body from day one.

Kris Wilkes is a stud. Would very much like him on the Kings next year. Has the makings of being a deadly shooter + a 6'8 body. Worse case, he's a ten year 3 and D.
Yeah Zion is probably going to go #1. I'd have him 1st right now on a mock, Reddish 2nd actually. Zion presents supreme positional flexibility in today's NBA, he's strong as an ox.

for a team like the Kings, they'd use him at the SF, PF and C spots for sure. As for his weight, perhaps it's a long term concern but NBA team looking at 2 deals from his rookie contract probably arent too worried. Plus his bodyfat % is not much he might show up to the combine just to show off, he looks ripped to me.

But still he is easily NBA strong it's a joke, he can hold his ground and grab o-boards, he's a force around the rim in all capacities.

Kris Wilkes is a stud! I've long suspected his career would follow a sort of trajectory like TJ Warren and hes RIGHT on schedule. He is more than just a classic 3'n'd type if he proves to be that because he's got some true scorers instincts to him. Always wanted him to commit to Kentucky.

Last edited: