Following 2019 draftees!!!

Danjel Purifoy is probably not gonna get drafted, with all this nonsense thats gone on the past 2 seasons it's not difficult to connect the dots...

That doesn't mean he can't play tho, and in last nights game he hit 3 HUGE 3's in a short span to absolutely break the game open early in the 2nd half.

With the Okeke injury they will need to play him more. He's like 6'6" and well built, and for a kid built like that, I always liked the way he shoots the ball.

One of the many i'm hoping to see on the SL team..

Kelvin Sampson did a commendable job with Houston all year. Whenever I watched them though I'd think "DeJon Jerraeu should be playing more/have a bigger role!!"

and in the loss to UK, where he played 12 mins and hit 3 3's, i believe it reared its ugly head.

For most D-1 schools that kid is their star player(and im talkin this current szn)..... I think he kinda overplayed his hand..

Michigan got completely stomped by TTU last night tho... I almost dont even know where to begin with that game... could write up half a page ez.

I guess all I'll say is Michigan went 1/19 from 3.. and I just never thought i'd see the day where a Beilien Michigan team would do that..

Its looking more and more like if Bradzekis is in the draft that he could be on the board when the Kings select.

My brackets are both doing really good.... gonna do a mock update after this weekends games.

EJ Montgomery to me is a player i'd vouch for with the 2nd rd pick despite playing limited minutes. He was sneaky good last night again.

He's really in many ways like a watered down version of Marvin, which as we all know is not really exactly a slight it just depends on how severe the dilution is.. 6'10 lefties that go coast to coast.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Michigan got completely stomped by TTU last night tho... I almost dont even know where to begin with that game... could write up half a page ez.

I guess all I'll say is Michigan went 1/19 from 3.. and I just never thought i'd see the day where a Beilien Michigan team would do that..

Its looking more and more like if Bradzekis is in the draft that he could be on the board when the Kings select.

My brackets are both doing really good.... gonna do a mock update after this weekends games.
Well Texas Tech is ranked the number one division one defensive team. That's what happened to Michigan. When you add Jarrett Culver into that mix, your in for a tough day. I don't expect it, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Culver go number 3 in the draft. The kid is really, really good. I agree on Bradzekis. He's certainly someone that I would consider. It would probably depend on who else is available.

I also agree on Montgomery. I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed another year at Kentucky. Right now he's a 2nd rd pick. Stay another year, and who knows, maybe he's a lottery pick. I suspect that Richards will stay another year. I'm not a big fan of Richards, but I have to admit that he at least looks like a player now. I wouldn't have said that last year.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Wow that injury to Chuma Okeke looked bad.... he was DEMOLISHING Luke Maye in this game too... Looked great out there..
I really really love Okeke, and he was having a monster game. He was no doubt the best player on the court, and to see that injury was devastating. The knee isn't supposed to bend that way. What a shame. Question now is what does he do next. Stay and go to school another year after recovery, or declare and let the chips fall where they may?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Diakite is Dennis Rodman reborn. Man, that game was fun to watch. Terrific effort by both teams, and once again, Carson Edwards was unconscious. With Gonzaga's loss, my bracket is blown, but I found myself rooting for Texas Tech during the game. What a great defensive team they are.

with Auburn making it this deep in the tourny....I wonder, do they have any players on their roster that are worthy of a first round pick?
Okeke but he just tore his ACL.... *sigh* worst storyline of the tournament..

Their PG Jared Harper is a truly great college player but he is very small and not a real NBA prospect.. HE is really one of the ultimate 'if only he was a few inches taller' players in the nation

The 3 players to watch as far as prospects are Austin Wiley(who's a backup C prospect), Purifoy 6'6 SF and Anfernee McLemore who's a 6'7" combo. McLemore didnt have a huge boxscore impact in the W over UK but his defense and versatility made a major impact, he's also very athletic and could be interesting here --- they'd groom McLemore for the Corey Brewer role, i'd think. He's a bit like Daniel House who's made it to the NBA after a few years in the G-league

Bryce Brown the SG is also in the mix but I'm not sure if he's really worth taking with one of the kings 2nd rd picks, I'd prefer McLemore.

DeLaurier was actually excellent for Duke in the loss

Another rough outing from Tre Jones costs them dearly.

PG play ruined both UK and Duke today.

I wanna see UVA-TTU play for all the marbles.

Oh so just as a lil reminder; any "so and so has declared for the draft" posts please try to include if they signed with an agent too, given the rule changes few years back kinda important.

I had them winning it two years ago and they got cheated out of it by the ref's getting every big man on their team in foul trouble.
I’m a UNC guy and I thought the 2017 title game was one of the worst officiated games, from opening tap til the final buzzer, in recent memory — especially for such a high profile game. There was no flow to it and they didn’t allow the teams play. It was ridiculously over-officiated. We didn’t get to see the ‘real’ game. All fans were cheated.

Nassir would have had a better year if he had played on a team like Kentucky. N. Carolina is a role playing type team. Everyone has their role and they play a high low game a lot. Doesn't suit Nassir's strengths. He would have been better on a run and gun type team. The good thing though is that he's learning how to play a more diversified game, so he may end up being a better player. His only cost for the lesson is draft position.
Agree with you to a point. However, UNC’s pace is as fast as most any team, though, and Nassir still was inconsistent. He’s an amazing talent but I think there were other reasons why he came off the bench and didn’t fit so well at times.

Diakite is Dennis Rodman reborn. Man, that game was fun to watch. Terrific effort by both teams, and once again, Carson Edwards was unconscious. With Gonzaga's loss, my bracket is blown, but I found myself rooting for Texas Tech during the game. What a great defensive team they are.
I really like Diakite. Curious what you think about Carson’s future at the next level though. He sure was impressive in the tourney. He’s smallish, but in today’s NBA I would think his shooting ability, confidence and moxie has a place somewhere.

Brandon Clarke was a monster yesterday, and to be honest, he's been dam good all season long. Would love to have him on the Kings. Especially after watching Willie sleep walk his way through the game yesterday. Someone drug test him, please!

Clarke is really impressive. I haven’t seen him play a ton — mostly after he transferred from SJ State — but when I have watched him his game has a maturity to it that I really like. Plays great defense and is very active on the offensive end.

Curious what you think about Carson’s future at the next level though. He sure was impressive in the tourney.
I'm pretty sure with what he just did in the tournament, he's punched his ticket into the 1st round. I feel like he is gonna be sort of a David Wesley type of rotation guard but he obviously splits a trap with the quickness and burst of a PG.

C-Webb dropping the D. Rose comparison was asinine.

HEY LOOK AT THIS GEM OF A PIC I FOUND (TY GOOGLE)

Carsen used to be De'Aaron's Backup back in the day!

Tell ya one thing. I'd take him as De'Aaron's backup again, over Frank or Yogi...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Agree with you to a point. However, UNC’s pace is as fast as most any team, though, and Nassir still was inconsistent. He’s an amazing talent but I think there were other reasons why he came off the bench and didn’t fit so well at times.
I wasn't really talking about the pace as much as the system. UNC runs a very disciplined system that plays a high/low game. Everyone has a specific role. I think Nassir struggled with that. He did adjust as the season went on, so long term, it may benefit him.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I really like Diakite. Curious what you think about Carson’s future at the next level though. He sure was impressive in the tourney. He’s smallish, but in today’s NBA I would think his shooting ability, confidence and moxie has a place somewhere.
The NBA will always find a place for someone that can light it up like Carson. So I have no doubt he'll be drafted, but in the 2nd rd. He'll struggle on defense the same way Yogi and IT did. The league is going to taller PG's which makes it difficult for guards like Carson defend. The NBA will pick and roll him to death.

I wasn't really talking about the pace as much as the system. UNC runs a very disciplined system that plays a high/low game. Everyone has a specific role. I think Nassir struggled with that. He did adjust as the season went on, so long term, it may benefit him.
You think he’d fit in well with our KINGS? I sure do. I know they don’t currently have a draft pick in the vicinity of where he’ll be drafted ... but you never know.

Simi craptu is in the draft, says he fully intends on keeping his name in.....

Kings will obviously work him out... We need guys that can run and he can run.. and defend, and he can pass a lil i think.. we'll see how he shoots tho...

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Simi craptu is in the draft, says he fully intends on keeping his name in.....

Kings will obviously work him out... We need guys that can run and he can run.. and defend, and he can pass a lil i think.. we'll see how he shoots tho...
I hope we draft him for the simple reason that he'll break the profanity filters on the site for years to come!