Fire Keith Brooks

Should Keith Brooks be fired?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we're getting high on calling for the removal of PDA, I'd like to demand the removal of someone even more gerbilish: Keith Brooks!
I can't believe he is still on the air with Carmichael Dave. He is the classic sports talk pretender; always spinning his wheels and spewing out words (or sometimes just syllables like Da Da Da Da Da Dave...) to cover up the fact that he has no knowledge to justify the position he finds himself in. Which, by the way, is a position that stems from a relationship connection and not due to his talent.
The guy needs to go. CMD doesn't need him, although Dave is potentially better when he has a good sidekick. But this is not about Dave. It's about the utter and complete lack of knowledge or talent that comes with the Keith Brooks package.
Let the two of them (Keith and PDA) ride out of town together. Just imagine what a nice conversation they can have.

Keith Brooks is, quite literally, unlistenable.

When he gets to stuttering, and delaying his syllables for 10 seconds at a time, I get so annoyed I have repeatedly had to turn the channel.

I sit there, yelling at the radio "Spit it out!" "Make your point and shut up!"

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There has to be a reason Keith Brooks is still employed...and I believe it must involve compromising photos of key CBS personnel and dogs in tutus or something.

I cannot stand Keith Brooks. He gets on my last nerve with his first words any time I listen to him. He had NO business being involved in the PDA interview today. NONE.

I'm going to add a poll to this thread to reinforce the idea that he needs to be gone.

He's buddy-buddy with the PD that came in a few years ago. Byron Kennedy. So we will most likely be stuck with him until that guy is gone.

Fire Byron Kennedy then!
Does anyone believe (as I do) that KHTK has sucked for several years now? I used to be a regular listener, but now all I can take is 15 min and then I'm gone. And Grant's show may get good ratings, but the guy's superior knowledge is severely compromised by his shoot-and-ask-questions-later personality. I haven't called his show since the Tim Roye days! I used to think that the Rise Guys were kind of second rate, but now I think they're better than anything on KHTK - by far.

I seriously would listen to CD in the morning if it were not for Keith Brooks. He makes me cringe from the very beginning, and I shut off that show about two weeks in - never to return except for the PDA thing.

Isn't it Byron's job to WIN listeners? Or to do favors for old buddies?

Anybody LIKE Keith Brooks? anyone????

I have to be fair and honest - For all the differences I have with Carmichael Dave, he doesn't deserve the fate of being linked to Brooks.

Also to be fair - Brooks probably would be a better "DJ" elsewhere, but not in a sports talk radio format.

It was said earlier, and I've heard it so many places that I just can't automatically dismiss it: Nobody likes Keith Brooks, but he's here to stay so long as the current management of the station is in place. It is what it is, so I don't listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.