Favorite Kings Lineup

Assume that you can pick only 12 players who are either in a current Kings lineup or an ex-King that was either traded or retired and then put them in your favorite Kings lineup.
Note that you can't put both Bibby and J-Will b'coz they were traded with each other. Also Brad Miller with either Hedo or Pollard 'coz they were traded also. And so on..
I'm a kings fan since '99 so I didn't pick Richmond or the past great Kings player 'coz I have no clue about them (Big Bulls fan then).

These are my favorite Kings Lineup:

C - Vlade Divac
PF - Chris Webber
SF - Corliss Williamson
SG - Hedo Turkoglu
PG - Jason Williams (or Mike Bibby)

Bench:
PG - Bobby Jackson
SG - Jon Barry
SF - Pedja Stojakovic
PF - Lawrence Funderburke
C - Scott Pollard
11th - Tony Delk
12th - Gerald Wallace

I put Pedja in the bench because he was the original member of the "BENCH MOB" and Tony Delk also. I miss the Bench Mob.

I put Hedo in the starting five because I pick him over Peja. IMO

Tough choice between Doug and Corliss because I like Big Nasty a lot. Also in the point guard spot but I think J-Will
really attracted some fans especially who don't know the Kings back then & they all became a Kings fan, like me!

IMO, if this lineup sticks until now, I think they can win a title or they had already won a Championship and if only J-Will matured as a great point guard..

Last edited:
nAj jAn™ said:
Assume that you can pick only 12 players who are either in a current Kings lineup or an ex-King that was either traded or retired and then put them in your favorite Kings lineup.
Note that you can't put both Bibby and J-Will b'coz they were traded with each other. Also Brad Miller with either Hedo or Pollard 'coz they were traded also. And so on..
I'm a kings fan since '99 so I didn't pick Richmond or the past great Kings player 'coz I have no clue about them (Big Bulls fan then).

These are my favorite Kings Lineup:

C - Vlade Divac
PF - Chris Webber
SF - Corliss Williamson
SG - Hedo Turkoglu
PG - Jason Williams (or Mike Bibby)

Bench:
PG - Bobby Jackson
SG - Jon Barry
SF - Pedja Stojakovic
PF - Lawrence Funderburke
C - Scott Pollard
11th - Tony Delk
12th - Gerald Wallace

I put Pedja in the bench because he was the original member of the "BENCH MOB" and Tony Delk also. I miss the Bench Mob.

I put Hedo in the starting five because I pick him over Peja. IMO

Tough choice between Doug and Corliss because I like Big Nasty a lot. Also in the point guard spot but I think J-Will
really attracted some fans especially who don't know the Kings back then & they all became a Kings fan, like me!

IMO, if this lineup sticks until now, I think they can win a title or they had already won a Championship and if only J-Will matured as a great point guard..
As exciting as he was, with J-Will as our PG, even this team wouldn't win a championship. He is inconsistent and unreliable, and cannot execute an offense in the slowed down pace of the playoffs. There is a reason he rarely is in the lineup for either team he has played for in the fourth quarter.

C-vlade
PF-Webber
SF- PEJA!!
SG-Christie--gotta have christie as a starter, he's too good to be sitting on the bench.
PG- bibby

i'd really love to see miller play either the PF or SF position, i think he's stuck being the center because we need a big man in the middle. if he's freed up from that position, there's no telling what he'd do in a different position. i think it'll be interesting to watch.
but i had to choose webber and peja over him :D

C - Valde (Pollard)
PF - C-Webb (Miller)
SF - Pedja (Coliss Williamson - G. Wallace)
SG - Doug (Mitch! - Hedo)
PG - Bibby (Bobby - J-Will)

Edit: Can't believe I forgot one of my favourite players back then.....

Last edited:
Vlade, Webber, Pedja, Doug and J-Will starting, with Tony Delk, Jon Barry, Scot Pollard, Corliss Williamson, Nick Anderson and Laurence Fundeburke coming off the bench. My favorite Kings team of the common era, the year we took the Lakers to five in the first round.

How can some people have Christie starting over Mitch or better yet have Hedo backing up Christie rather than Mitch. At the height of his career, Mitch was widely considered the 2nd best two guard in the league behind MJ and even MJ said as much. Christie is a much better one on one defender than Mitch was, but Mitch's defense was his most underrated talent. When he wanted to he could do a great job defending his man. A lineup of Bibby, Mitch, Peja, Webber and Vlade would be tough to beat or tough to outscore. With Bibby, Peja and Mitch on the wings it would be impossible to double down on someone since all of those guys are excellent shooters.

I thought the question was asking what actual lineup (as in, the team from a certain year) was your favorite. If the question was what would your Kings All-Star team be, or something like that, then obviously Rock Rich is at the top of that list.

I believe the point was you can't take two players that were traded for each other, so either Mike Bibby or Jason Williams (or neither), either Mitch Richmond or Chris Webber.

It's kinda like starting from the beginning of the Kings, assume every player is always in their prime, assume you can re-sign any player for a lifetime contract if you want, and either make or don't make every trade or free agent acquisition made by the Kings since then. End up with 12 guys who could be on the same team in this fantasy world.

I don't know who I'd pick.

Last edited:
uolj said:
I believe the point was you can't take two players that were traded for each other, so either Mike Bibby or Jason Williams (or neither), either Mitch Richmond or Chris Webber.

It's kinda like starting from the beginning of the Kings, assume every player is always in their prime, assume you can re-sign any player for a lifetime contract if you want, and either make or don't make every trade or free agent acquisition made by the Kings since then. End up with 12 guys who could be on the same team in this fantasy world.

Just since they moved to Sacramento? Or throughout the history of the franchise ? (Kings, Royals, etc.)?

Since sac:
C: Miller
PF: Webber
SF: Peja
SG: Mitch
PG: Bibby

Franchise:
C: Miller? (Not to familiar with kings history)
PF: Webber
SF: Peja? (Once again, not really sure)
SG: The "Big O"
PG: Nate Archibald

uolj said:

Ah, okay. I'm going from '85 onward.

In that case, I'm taking Vlade, Otis Thorpe (hehe), Pedja, Mitch, and J-Will. Off the bench I want Tony Delk, Hedo Turkoglu, Laurence Fundeburke (it was between him and Corliss), Reggie Theus, Scot Pollard, Jon Barry, and Wayman Tisdale for good measure.

uolj said:

That's right.

You can't put Mitch with Webber in the lineup because they were traded. Also Pollard with Miller... Hedo with Miller... Bibby with J-Will... Corliss with Doug.. And so on..

The lockout season with the rookie Jason, Nick Anderson, Corliss, Webber and Divac would be the most fun and exciting kings baskteball with the Bench Mob backing them up !

I think Pedja was good and should be in the bench, but he was so good that he became an all-star! But i like him as a backup SF, for Corliss or Hedo IMO
and then put him in at crunch time, that's not bad!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
nAj jAn™ said:
That's right.

You can't put Mitch with Webber in the lineup because they were traded. Also Pollard with Miller... Hedo with Miller... Bibby with J-Will... Corliss with Doug.. And so on..
I think you're picking a few too many nits with that "rule."

;)

NOthing wrong with making an all-dream team of the Kings. I would love to have seen Nate Archibald at his prime, playing with some of the shooters we have now. I would also have loved to see Webber and Richmond on the court at the same time, along with some of the others.

We've had some good players over the years, and some of them might have been really great if they'd been on a team that wasn't firmly cemented into the pits of basketball Hell...

Tank Thompson on the "House Party" show last night? Did any of you see how envious he looked? He would have loved to play with some of the guys we have now. Heck, I think he would have liked just to be able to sit on the bench with some of them...

Good thread idea, though. :D