Everyone Speechless?

A

AriesMar27

a more accurate prediction:

kings have won just 1 of the last 13 = 0.076

0.076 x 38 (games remaining) = 2.92 ~= 3

15 + 3 = 18 wins

look on the bright side though, 18 is better than 17. :rolleyes:
even if we win 20 games this season its still worse than last season, theus should have never become an nba coach. we have westphal, who was a legit nba coach at one point. no excuses...

Well, Omri has something to say (quoted from Casspi site) :

We played against Orlando tonight, or this morning to you in Israel. We did all we could to stop Dwight Howard. We tried "help" defense, we also tried to defend him without "help" and try and send him to the line. He eventually just took over the game and basically won it by himself (88:109 Orlando). It's a lot of work to defend a player of his caliber. He is a "big man" who really has everything.

Personally, I have to admit that lately my shots have been a little off; I think it's a matter of cumulative fatigue. But I believe in my shot and my ability to score. I'm trying to focus more on rebounding the ball but unfortunately that wasn't enough against Orlando.
I try to rest as much as possible, we played a lot of games already and it's not easy. I feel the decline in energy, but if it's because I've been getting more minutes and it's letting me establish my role more, then I'm happy about it. The pace of play is non-stop, but in the end I believe that the body gets used to it and I've learned quite a bit so far. Even right now we are up against six very tough games, lets hope we can get some more wins on the road.
If you had to put your finger on what will help us for the rest of season, the fact is we really need a quality center. A high-end center that can defend the best in the league, a guy who can get you rebounds. If we get a player that fits those skill sets...we will be a legitimate playoff team - I have no doubt about it.

A

AriesMar27

The team sucks.. We probably wont get that big we want until next draft.

Thompson should be OK once he's paired with a REAL center.
this team truly sucks... but to be honest thompson and hawes would both do a lot better if they had a third big to play with that just plays defense, rebound and block shots. like a tyson chandler type of big. i know he is a straight bust but if thabeet was actually as good as his potential he would be the perfect player to make this team legit. if thabeet could go "tyreke" on players... he would be the ultimate player to have with thompson and hawes. he would compliment exactly what each player wants to do, score and not have to play defense. same goes for martin.... hawes wouldnt care if he came off the bench and neither would thompson, thabeet would be doing all of the hard work and they will just score all day. because thabeet doesnt want to score. maybe an easy dunk every once in a while.

but thats obviously not gonna happen. thats a pipe dream. but damn if that could workout.... go kings....

a more accurate prediction:

kings have won just 1 of the last 13 = 0.076

0.076 x 38 (games remaining) = 2.92 ~= 3

15 + 3 = 18 wins

look on the bright side though, 18 is better than 17. :rolleyes:
But picking the length of your sample to give the desired result hurts credibility.

At the start of the season I said 24, and I'm comfortable with that. Huge coaching improvement, but the roster's still broken, and with the easy stretch over, they've hit the wall.

Right now we'd be lucky to get over 30 wins
Not to nitpick or anything, but after last year would anyone have honestly thought it even remotely possible anyway!? If we win anywhere close to 30 that certainly will have exceeded my expectations. 3rd youngest team almost doubling their previous seasons win total is supposed to be positive right!? I mean, it's not like we were playoff contenders going into the year. I don't like what I'm seeing lately but I think it's a tad bit early to thrust some kind of unrealistic expectations on this squad.

A

AriesMar27

Not to nitpick or anything, but after last year would anyone have honestly thought it even remotely possible anyway!? If we win anywhere close to 30 that certainly will have exceeded my expectations. 3rd youngest team almost doubling their previous seasons win total is supposed to be positive right!? I mean, it's not like we were playoff contenders going into the year. I don't like what I'm seeing lately but I think it's a tad bit early to thrust some kind of unrealistic expectations on this squad.

yes... the kings winning 30 games was about the norm. its okay, like we're almost there. but thats only because we all feel that we shouldnt have been that bad last year. we had a weird situation last year, that wasnt supposed to happen like that. on paper we had a really good balance of youth and vets. thompson and hawes were supposed to have learn a lot from brad. though he is soft and unathletic he knew the game. he was such a good passer and shooter for his size. that trade destroyed all of that, even though it wasnt there because miller just wasnt happy. we had a young agressive version of brad that actually had a low post game. he was supposed to be so much more than what he is right now. thompson is a goofball.... donte has had flashes this season, but something in me tells me that he just isnt possible of maintaining that for an entire season. he might end up like a jr smith type of player. that isnt a bad thing, smith is a good player. he's just a bit of an inconsistent, underachieving, bonehead.

this wasnt supposed to happen 2 years in a row, not like this...

i think so too

The Kings will rise again my friends. This is all just the result of reintroducing players into the rotation and growing pains.
first PW has to go back to Tayrik,Green, Casspi,JT and Haws.
sorry Kmart but 2-14 from the field and 1-11 says you need more time on the bench.
they had a great chimastry, they were fun to watch.
Casspi and Haws are very good offensivly, and what the coach did was hurting there self confidence.
i wanna remind you that Casspi started this month with 22 points and 8.5 reb. in 5 games.
and even now when his minutes were cut to half he still scored 12 points in the last 4, with more then 50% form the field, even thogh his is struggling from the 3 point range.
there is no need to let them both play only when the team is -20, i think they earn there spot, especially Casspi, who might be a very good player in the next year.
also i would like to see rodriguez more he could have more minutes, now when Udrich is in bad shape.

martin isnt a good fit to this kings anymore... we need to come to realize that idea. i am all for giving it time and patience but if we end up losing like THIS, blow outs. the team sufferS? I think its time to re-think this

its ok for me if we lost in close games, and that if the production, offense, ballmovement did not change. but it appears we are struggling even more in accomodating him.

id love to play the lakers all year round....

brock flooring bryant each game... then casspi's turn then noc's turn we may lose some games but its worth it seeing bryant knocked around by those guys...

A

AriesMar27

martin isnt a good fit to this kings anymore... we need to come to realize that idea. i am all for giving it time and patience but if we end up losing like THIS, blow outs. the team sufferS? I think its time to re-think this

its ok for me if we lost in close games, and that if the production, offense, ballmovement did not change. but it appears we are struggling even more in accomodating him.

martin is nt a good fit with evans on this team... i doubt we would have any issues with martin if evans werent here, we'd still be losers but martin would be playing fine. that injury threw him off his game. but there is no way that evans is leaving within the next 4 years so martin will have to go.

though thompson and hawes have been horrible, finding a back court partner for tyreke is now the number 1 priority. we can write this season off... we suck... going into next season we need to have a player that compliments tyreke starting in the backcourt. garcia isnt that player.

once we find that other guard then we can focus on fixing the front ourt.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think the simple problem with us as a fan base is that we've really forgotten/never known how it is to rebuild. In '98, we had a ridiculous offseason /luck out the wazoo and essentially bypassed the self destructive part of the rebuilding (We had a vet in Vlade and less games [which IMO made it less likely we'd collapse]). Before that we were mired in super-mediocrity, albeit with a stud guard and a rabid fan base that never tasted success before.

Since it looked like we were on the upswing again, everyone suddenly expected us to be blowing out teams that are simply better than us. We have the potential to be a good team down the road, but that's the key. It's only potential. For a while, our young guys played out of their minds. Now that JT's shot has left him, Omri's defensive acuity has fallen off of a cliff (his shot following suit), Donte's mired in super inconsistency, K-Mart has gone colder than a naked Alaskan, teams have realized that Brockman can't shot the rock all that well and is 6 inches shorter than most other people playing his position, Beno has decided to reset the calendar to 2008, Tyreke has lost much of his spark as other teams have realized that this kid is pretty good, and our mental toughness has been deflated to the size of Keon Clark's raisin-sized brain, all the wheels have fallen off the bus and someone forgot to pack the spares.

So in conclusion, don't jump off the bridge just yet, put down the pitchforks and torches, stop performing voodoo rituals to kill Petrie, and take a deep breath and sit down. Rebuilding is a long process. Plus it's times like these that make the ultimate goal sweeter.

Its not a case of Martin screwing up the chemistry. Its a case of Martin being rusty and the Kings having too large of a rotation. Give Martin some time to get back in rhythm and shorten up the rotation to 8-9 guys and we'll start to see a difference.

Its not a case of Martin screwing up the chemistry. Its a case of Martin being rusty and the Kings having too large of a rotation. Give Martin some time to get back in rhythm and shorten up the rotation to 8-9 guys and we'll start to see a difference.
Martin still can't pass. Martin is a 1 trick pony, and it IS screwing with chemistry. The rotation isn't the problem, it is the player(s). We all agree that Westphal has done an A+ job ~40 games. Martin, while a prolific scorer in his own, has not ever shown the ability to create easy buckets for others, or finish at the rim with zeal; those attributes along with the intangibles that brockman brings are lacking in martin's game, and those are the attributes that make a player worth while. I hate that he has to be put down, but Martin is playing his way out of sacramento, and it is not because of his shooting. A good basketball player walks on the court and they perform as effectively as possible because that is how you help your team. Martin has been doing the opposite and it kills all momentum and all chemistry. I walk on the court and i know that i will get a rebound, and make a play for another player, and play solid defense. Martin gets burned on D, won't rebound because he is on the counterattack, and his passing is still at the same level as his rookie year. great player, good upside, basketball IQ in the 20th percentile of NBA players.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think the simple problem with us as a fan base is that we've really forgotten/never known how it is to rebuild. In '98, we had a ridiculous offseason /luck out the wazoo and essentially bypassed the self destructive part of the rebuilding (We had a vet in Vlade and less games [which IMO made it less likely we'd collapse]). Before that we were mired in super-mediocrity, albeit with a stud guard and a rabid fan base that never tasted success before.

Since it looked like we were on the upswing again, everyone suddenly expected us to be blowing out teams that are simply better than us. We have the potential to be a good team down the road, but that's the key. It's only potential. For a while, our young guys played out of their minds. Now that JT's shot has left him, Omri's defensive acuity has fallen off of a cliff (his shot following suit), Donte's mired in super inconsistency, K-Mart has gone colder than a naked Alaskan, teams have realized that Brockman can't shot the rock all that well and is 6 inches shorter than most other people playing his position, Beno has decided to reset the calendar to 2008, Tyreke has lost much of his spark as other teams have realized that this kid is pretty good, and our mental toughness has been deflated to the size of Keon Clark's raisin-sized brain, all the wheels have fallen off the bus and someone forgot to pack the spares.

So in conclusion, don't jump off the bridge just yet, put down the pitchforks and torches, stop performing voodoo rituals to kill Petrie, and take a deep breath and sit down. Rebuilding is a long process. Plus it's times like these that make the ultimate goal sweeter.
Well said.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The head in the sand phenomenon around here is ridiculous. If Kevin snapped tommorow and shot up the locker room, it wouldn't be that he had shot up the locker room, it would be that all the kids were too inexperienced to wear kevlar to work.

Kevin didn't mean to mess things up -- I am 100% confident of that. But this has been one of the great chemistry screw jobs in recent memory. Certainly we have not seen the like since Webber's return. And Chris Webber was a former MVP candidate/superstar with whom the exact same team had won 60 games and challenged for the title. You KNEW that we could win with Chris, and with that exact team, because we had, right to the brink of a title. We don't know anything of the sort with Kevin. We have never won anything at all with him, have been a perennial lottery team since he became a starter/key cog. And this current team is now 1-10 with him in the lineup. With the only W a win in OT with Kevin scoring 48pts.

Thats impossible though. If we shorten the rotation and Martin gets back in rythym. ( playing 40 mpg by the way ) then the real future, Casspi and Greene, get no PT. And if you decide to put Garcia and Noch on the bench, well guess what... they become untradeable.

Martin is the oldest player with the most value. It makes all the sense in the world to trade him.