ESPN Top 8 Sophomores

I'm hoping Spencer feels like he got snubbed. I don't think he did, but as a player I hope he uses it as motivation going into next season. If he comes in with a chip on his shoulder ready to prove he is one of the best in his draft class, which he has the talent to be, it will only be a positive. The same goes for JT.
I doubt either one cares about missing the rookie or sophomore teams, that's probably miniscule to them, but who knows.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I doubt either one cares about missing the rookie or sophomore teams, that's probably miniscule to them, but who knows.
JT stated earlier this year he was a little upset that he wasn't picked for the rookie-soph game. Naturally, as a competitor, I hope they felt overlooked. Most guys publicly won't admit to being upset at being overlooked for allstar and all-nba teams, but I'm sure privately they would say something different.

I wouldnt go THAT far. Spencer has a much better game in the post than Raef ever could dream of, and Raef was primarily known for his outside shot...not that Spencer doesnt take those same shots, but his post game is much more refined, and he's a much better passer, and getting others involved in the game...not to mention he brings alot more fire to the court than LaFrenz...so, although they may be similar in size, and both can hit the outside shot, there are glaring differences between the two.
100% true. Plus Spencer is still 2-3 years younger than Raef was when he first entered the league.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Bottom line is when your the worst team in the league you get no respect and don't deserve it, top to bottom. Sure Hawes improved but the Kings got much worse last year to this: 38 wins down to what, 18? So no surprises that neither of the Kings "kids" received any recognition. Realty sucks, doesn't it? Let's see what happens this summer in the draft and summer league. Then we all can get our juices flowing. As well as our opinions. That's what dis here board is for. :D