Edna signs with SA!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Wow. Just... wow...

As a general rule, I don't come into the Monarchs forum during NBA season, but this is news.

Godspeed, Edna. Fair Winds and Following Seas. :(

I guess all those people lobbying for more time for Mendiola will get what they wanted... :|

Edna Campbell. Wow it pains me to see such a class, courageous individual leave the Sacramento community. She is the epitome of what an athlete should be. But in reality she is what she is as a basketball player. Good defender, limted on offense, great, great leader. And what 37 years old. I think we all saw this coming. But it doesn't make it any easier.

God Bless You Edna :(

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Oh, my!

This is a hard one for me. I love Edna Campbell and what she has meant to so many women (not only in Sacramento, but around the globe). There are many many stories about women who are thankful for kind words or support from Edna while they were battling the "breast cancer demon". She has been such a wonderful model for so many. Maybe when I am not so shocked I will tell my own story of her thoughtful response to my plea on behalf of my dearest friend.

I am happy for Edna, though, in that she has gone home to Texas. She will end her career at home, and that is a good thing for her, I am sure.

God Speed, Edna! You are a wonderful woman...and quite a basketball player as well.

awww...

Edna, gurl I'm goin to miss you! hahaha you always have that great smile on your face:D . I'm goin to miss you at the Monarchs camp too!! Who is goin to be Ticha's coaching partner now? hahaha Good Luck in San Antonio, I'm sure Adrian Williams will have you crackin up all the time. hahaha

Last edited:
A Fond Farewell

Edna is the bomb, and her presence will be missed.

Yeah I have been lobbying for more Mendiola time. But this is still a very difficult pill to swallow.

I wish her the very best.

Thank you.

I'll miss Edna too. I go to Monarchs games, (usually root for the other team ;) ), but she was one Monarch that I ALWAYS cheered for. (Along with Ruthie, and Yo and Lady). What an inspiration she is.. She'll be missed.

Last edited:
I think everyone has pretty much summed up my sentiments.

WNBA is espescially tough in the offseason...we really do not know what is going on.

Thank you Enda for every thing that you have done for this community and this team, you will be missed.

Edna, to me, is a person who epitomizes courage, determination, strength and character both on and off the court. A leader by example, and the kind of player whose strongest attributes didn't necessarily show up on the stat sheet. A great loss to the Monarchs family.