[Game] Kings @ Nuggets, 12/23/2020 6PM PST, 9PM EST

What is the biggest mistake the Kings have made over the last decade.

• Trusting that the Bucks would keep the Bogi deal a secret

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the 3 guys who guarded Jokic, Holmes was the most ineffective. Thought Bagley got better and better in the second half when at center. We are better with Bagley at center. Jokic is a damn load and he gets away with a lot.
You could tell Bagleys length really effected him in the post. Now that Bagley looks to have a little more size on him it will help. He just needs to be a little more careful challenging everything as a shot blocker. He should be number 1 or 2 option on this squad if used right and him picking up ticky tack fouls will limit the team as a whole.

speaking of Mark Jones, how fun was he tonight?! “Marvin Bagley, dropping albums and dropping buckets!”

Loved that, Also, Kings WIN!!!! That was an amazing game, sign of good things to come. Really impressed with Barnes and Buddy tonight, kept us in this with their offense and defense and effort.

my guy Barnes was EVERYWHERE! Missed you guys, happy holidays, let’s have a great, weird truncated season!

OK, so here are my thoughts on Haliburton:

There is one main thing that he does better than every player on the Kings and probably 98% of players in the NBA, he moves the ball and he moves it quick, with purpose and to the right spot. IF, and this is a big IF, that becomes infectious, we could see the start of what we saw in the early 2000s and what the Warriors did before they signed Durant.

The other player in the NBA (sorry in advance) that moves the ball this fast, is Lonzo Ball. But there is a difference. Lonzo is swinging the ball just to swing it, Hali is moving it to the exact right person and it absolutely freezes the defense. I'm not a guy who breaks film down, but if I was I have 3 plays I could show where he got the ball and it went immediately back up top to Fox and the defense was still in a minor shift patter in movement with ball that froze them, then opened the ball to be swung to the other corner for an open look.

Here's the big difference between him and Ball though. He actually will take the shot when he has it. He's not going to force, but if he's open or his passing lane closes he'll put it up.

The other things he's doing are all on the pensive end. He's disruptive, his hands are up and out, he has instincts to deflect and swarm. He understand defensive spacing. He got caught with his head turned twice which resulted in buckets for his man, but those were the only lapses I noticed (there were probably more but I didn't notice them).

This is a 20 year old in his first NBA game after 4 pre-season games and no summer league.

HOLY * * * * B A L L S

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.