[Game] Kings @ Nuggets, 12/23/2020 6PM PST, 9PM EST

What is the biggest mistake the Kings have made over the last decade.

• Trusting that the Bucks would keep the Bogi deal a secret

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through the thread and thinking of all the games to be mad at CoJo, this aint it. +8 +/-, 15 points, 2-5 3pt, a steal and 2 blocks. Of the guards, he had the least amount of mins behind fox, buddy and ty and his def prob helped keep jamal murray in check. I'm sure there will be games where he has too many minutes and not performing but again this ain't the game. He helped the Kings win the game so maybe we can wait for the next game to bash him?

ok, i watched only highlights, didn't saw TO's and missed shots, but what the thing with cojo in this particular game?

his FG's - 6/10
fox FG - 8/20
buddy 7/15

scored his open 3pt shots...

and i don't like idea giving 30 minutes to hali straight away, for his own sake.... they can swap minutes in second half of the season

I don't think we'll get very many wins if Guy and Ramsey are getting minutes. CoJo is a good backup PG and fits very nicely with Haliburton. He takes a lot of pressure off of Hali's ball handling duties and playmaking. If you remove him and put Guy or Ramsey instead, it forces Haliburton to be the primary ball handler/playmaker in the 2nd unit. That's still a big task for any rookie. Also.. I don't think Guy nor Ramsey should be getting minutes at PG.
That’s fine with me this a clear rebuilding year I ain’t too worry about wins. That’s the problem with the kings we always play it half way tryna rebuild and win at the same time. Who knows what Halliburton can be throw him in the fire and let’s see. If he shows he can need help we can put Cory in here and there. Given Guys size he would best be suited to play backup PG I think we should at least try it. Once Cory goes back to usual form He won’t look so good next to Haliburton anyways. Let’s play as much young players as possible and see what keepers we have.

Last edited:
Great win. The game ball goes to Barnes. Joseph had a great game. Haliburton is way ahead of the curve for a rook. I see no need for Fox to worry about the 3. He was very effective and putting pressure on the defense and pushing the ball. He got plenty of shots at the rack and within 15 feet. The bad news is that Holmes and Bagley were absolutely abused by Jokic playing point center. Both fouled out in reg. Bagley still plays like a talented rookie. If he doesn't learn to stop leaving his feet on defense he might get traded. Bjelica disappeared. Whiteside can change the momentum in a game. He is best in short stints. Sometimes the momentum goes the wrong way.

The Kings somehow managed to out rebound the Nuggets. That shows hustle. Everyone is still trying to get back in playing shape, especially at 5,200 feet in an overtime game. Lots of guys were flat footed at the end. Barnes showed his Big Motor. He led the way. The guards were all good. Murray had an off night or the game would have been different. Our big men really struggled last night. I give Jokic a lot of credit, and I hope we can play better against the bigs on other teams. Bagley's improvement or lack of it, may be the key to the Kings win total this year.

OK, so here are my thoughts on Haliburton:

There is one main thing that he does better than every player on the Kings and probably 98% of players in the NBA, he moves the ball and he moves it quick, with purpose and to the right spot. IF, and this is a big IF, that becomes infectious, we could see the start of what we saw in the early 2000s and what the Warriors did before they signed Durant.

The other player in the NBA (sorry in advance) that moves the ball this fast, is Lonzo Ball. But there is a difference. Lonzo is swinging the ball just to swing it, Hali is moving it to the exact right person and it absolutely freezes the defense. I'm not a guy who breaks film down, but if I was I have 3 plays I could show where he got the ball and it went immediately back up top to Fox and the defense was still in a minor shift patter in movement with ball that froze them, then opened the ball to be swung to the other corner for an open look.

Here's the big difference between him and Ball though. He actually will take the shot when he has it. He's not going to force, but if he's open or his passing lane closes he'll put it up.

The other things he's doing are all on the pensive end. He's disruptive, his hands are up and out, he has instincts to deflect and swarm. He understand defensive spacing. He got caught with his head turned twice which resulted in buckets for his man, but those were the only lapses I noticed (there were probably more but I didn't notice them).

This is a 20 year old in his first NBA game after 4 pre-season games and no summer league.

HOLY * * * * B A L L S

He's definitely a very confident player, who knows the game. High BB-IQ and I have no idea how he fell to us.

He's definitely a very confident player, who knows the game. High BB-IQ and I have no idea how he fell to us.
From what I gather it was a combination of some teams being dissuaded by not getting medicals or work outs...and the fact that he’s probably not the prototypical PG that teams want. The Knicks, for example, likely didn’t see the guy who was to be their primary ball handler and floor general for years to come....and maybe he isn’t that guy.

Everybody in the lottery is thinking about need and if they are drafting a potential all star and somebody to build around. First glimpse of Haliburton is that he’s a high level role player, glue guy, utility player, and more or less a complete product... and in the lottery that can give way to raw potential and looking at empty spaces on the roster. Kings could’ve easily passed on him too without uproar because they have Fox, but Monte simply said he was the easily best player available. I doubt he was in their plans. I also think his ceiling is much higher than high impact role player...or at least that seems like an understated forecast of where I think he’ll end up,

Haliburton is a gift that a team gets every year in the late lottery or mid first round. It looks to me like the Kings finally got lucky.

Haliburton is a gift that a team gets every year in the late lottery or mid first round. It looks to me like the Kings finally got lucky.
His understanding of the game and his ability to apply that understanding is on a 8 year vet level. The only thing that could prevent him from being a star is if he can’t create offense for himself.

He took a big leap from his freshman year to his sophomore in college. I expect we will see something similar from him in the pros.

Last edited:
Jokic committed multiple fouls each time he bumped his way to the basket. But none were called.
No chance Barnes fouled Jokic on that last play, especially in the context of how last possessions are typically officiated in the NBA where they allow more physicality and player’s to decide the games.

That said, if they’d like to call out all the violations that should have been enforced on Jokic the first 46 minutes of the game the 2-minute BS would then become a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.