• Wizards in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
While IT has been amazing, his deficiencies on defense makes the Celtics susceptible to exploitation by a good backcourt. We've seen it against the Bulls and we're seeing here against the Wiz

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
While IT has been amazing, his deficiencies on defense makes the Celtics susceptible to exploitation by a good backcourt. We've seen it against the Bulls and we're seeing here against the Wiz
All teams have to do apparently is smother IT and make the rest of the Celtics do all the work. I didn't watch the last game, but did see Isaiah's comments about the lack of calls. Was it that obvious or was IT frustrated because of how the Celtics played him?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I have a awful feeling that the refs will call ticky tack fouls if the Wiz try to rough up IT in Game 5 and therefore take away all the momentum the Wiz had coming after two blow out wins :confused:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have a awful feeling that the refs will call ticky tack fouls if the Wiz try to rough up IT in Game 5 and therefore take away all the momentum the Wiz had coming after two blow out wins :confused:
I'm inclined to think just the opposite. I don't think IT has enough gravitas to bully the officials into changing how they call the game. He whined about the officiating and we should all know by now that just isn't gonna win them over...and IT should know, also. After all, he had a front row seat.

I'm inclined to think just the opposite. I don't think IT has enough gravitas to bully the officials into changing how they call the game. He whined about the officiating and we should all know by now that just isn't gonna win them over...and IT should know, also. After all, he had a front row seat.
Haven't you learned anything by now? Whining about the refs is only wrong when DMC does it. For everyone else it is showing how passionate they are about the game. o_O

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
my boy Wallstar with the shot of his life....incredible ending. Team was atrocious from three, no clue how they ended up winning the game. Game 7 can be a blowout for Boston, hope I'm wrong.

Kingsfans.com if Demarcus Cousins led a team to ECF "We told you, greatness personified, we will never live this down!".

IT leads team to ECF "Well its the system and hes surrounded by great defenders, he is a terrible defender himself and his team will get exposed eventually because of it. You cannot win with IT."

Gotta love it, rest of NBA world is appreciating greatness and laughing at us. Rest of Kings fans outside of this board too btw.

Kingsfans.com if Demarcus Cousins led a team to ECF "We told you, greatness personified, we will never live this down!".

IT leads team to ECF "Well its the system and hes surrounded by great defenders, he is a terrible defender himself and his team will get exposed eventually because of it. You cannot win with IT."

Gotta love it, rest of NBA world is appreciating greatness and laughing at us. Rest of Kings fans outside of this board too btw.
Tell someone who cares. I find it laughable you're working yourself up over IT and Demarcus. Neither of them are here, so keep obsessing.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

All I want to know is, how come you was crickets between Game 3 and Game 6? Well, that and also, what is it inside your soul that renders you incapable of praising your mans without throwing shade at Cousins?

All I want to know is, how come you was crickets between Game 3 and Game 6? Well, that and also, what is it inside your soul that renders you incapable of praising your mans without throwing shade at Cousins?
I havent been posting on this board since the season sans the sporadic post here and there in these threads or draft discussion. I only praise IT here because I remember the vitriol on these boards for him. It truly was/is bizarro world because all other Kings fans and the rest of the NBA world saw/sees what a special player he is. He was basically viewed as a team cancer here(PDA propaganda, which ironically now everyone here hates but back then saw the midget chucker cancer for what he was and got rid of him, all laughable).

As for Cousins, I have nothing personal against him. My piece on him has been said. A phenomenal talent with huge shortcomings mentally. A walking ticking time bomb that must create a "walking on eggshells" environment. While IT is a great leader that rallies the troops and guys love to go to war with, Cousins is very poor on that front. Not a bad person but seems incapable on the basketball court of inspiring his team, certainly not consistently. I only compare them because the franchise deemed them incapable of building around. Either because they severely undervalued IT or because they felt both guys couldnt mesh well. At the very least they chose Rudy Gay over IT. Just all bad stuff from this franchise all around. I have nothing personal for or against either player. All I am is a basketball/Kings fan that sees how players play and can see how winners play and how losers play. IT plays like a winner, plays his guts out every single night. I respect that. Cousins is a phenomenal talent who makes losing plays consistently. He in general doesnt play like a winner imo. As a Kings fan i always tried to convince myself he would change or turned a blind eye but eventually enough is enough. Some things will just never change. I wish him the best but I cant say he will go down as one of my favorite Kings, not because of anything personal but because of Demarcus Cousins the basketball player.The talent when it was showcased was a joy to watch as a basketball fan. All the other stuff ruined it for me though.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I question the veracity of your "rest of the NBA world" claim. At an absolute minimum, I'm fairly certain that whoever is in the Phoenix Suns' orbit isn't laughing at Kings Fans. I feel equally confident that, to whatever extent the "rest of the NBA world" may be laughing at the Kings, it isn't because they gave up on Isaiah Thomas.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I question the veracity of your "rest of the NBA world" claim. At an absolute minimum, I'm fairly certain that whoever is in the Phoenix Suns' orbit isn't laughing at Kings Fans. I feel equally confident that, to whatever extent the "rest of the NBA world" may be laughing at the Kings, it isn't because they gave up on Isaiah Thomas.
Alarm clock doesn't go off, wakes up twenty minutes late in a panic, in a blind rush, accidentally dresses in wife's shirt, speeds on the way to work and crashes car, steps in poop as he stumbles out the door, bones shattered, then gets hit by a car as he crosses traffic for help.

jcwkings to the dude as he's being rushed to a hospital: "Hey man, you have poop on your shoe!"

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also the Celtics won the game because all their guards not named IT smothered an exhausted John Wall all night. (Meanwhile, Beal dropped 38 points with IT guarding him.)

Also, the Wizards really missed GT (or really anyone with a pulse) off the bench tonight.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Also the Celtics won the game because all their guards not named IT smothered an exhausted John Wall all night. (Meanwhile, Beal dropped 38 points with IT guarding him.)

Also, the Wizards really missed GT (or really anyone with a pulse) off the bench tonight.
Meanwhile their top of the line GM, Ernie Grunfeld, spent 64 million dollars on Ian Mahinmi in the offseason and gave up a 1st round draft pick in this draft for a soon to be free agent Bogdanovic who can't defend a light post o_O

The Celtics and IT will be around for awhile and i commend them wholeheartedly.

They own all of their own draft picks going forward, plus the Brooklyn Nets' next two picks.

They have max cap space this summer and a great bunch of role players who given their success will be highly converted as trade pieces.

Giving IT another star is key and you can bet your bottom dollar the Celtics will work out who that is and go hard at it.

With the bevvy of defensive role players they have Demarcus Cousins would be a great fit should they wish to keep their cap space and chase the big man as a free agent following next season. Dont think for a minute the Celtics couldnt make IT and DMC work.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
The Celtics and IT will be around for awhile and i commend them wholeheartedly.

They own all of their own draft picks going forward, plus the Brooklyn Nets' next two picks.
So... what happens if the Celtics **** around and get the Number One overall pick? Do they pass on the BPA, because the BPA plays the same position as their best player? If they take the BPA, what do they do with their current guy? We already know how Thomas feels about being asked to come off the bench; do you draft a kid Number One overall, and ask him to come off the bench?

I suppose that, if Boston ends up with the Number One overall pick, they could trade it. But, and sorry to offend the IT-stans out there, if you trade the Number One overall pick, and you don't get back a guy who's better than Isaiah Thomas, then you're hustling backwards. It remains to be seen whether or not Thomas can be the second-best guy on a successful basketball team. There's plenty of reasons to believe that it should work, but there are a lot of Kings Fans who thought that it should have worked in Sacramento, and it didn't. Now, you can blame the other guy, if you want to (and I find that a preponderance of Thomas fans appear to), but it didn't work in Phoenix, either. Thomas has, by his own admission, stated that he wants to be like Allen Iverson, and the thing about Iverson is that he only managed to be successful on teams where Allen Iverson was the center of the solar system.

The other thing (bringing this back to the Celtics as a team), is that what really makes them work is Al Horford. I can't remember which analyst was saying it, but he unlocks their team: he's a talented big who can pass, spreads the floor, and can defend out on the perimeter... and, most important of all, doesn't want to be the go-to guy. He's kind of like a poor man's Sheed, from his Detroit days, in that he has the talent to be a go-to guy, but he's willing to look at the guard and be like, "You got it, Shorty!" That's the real key to Boston's success, and I'm not sure that they can fulfill their master plan without losing Horford. I know that Ainge has been stockpiling these assets to acquire a superstar, but I feel like any GM worth a damn would demand Horford in the deal, and then what happens? There's four, maybe six guys in the league that would make Boston into an immediate contender, and I wouldn't take anything less than Horford, Bradley and two firsts for any of them. There's maybe 5-6 guys after that who could make Boston a contender, if paired with Thomas and Horford... and even then, I start the bidding at Bradley, Olynyk and a first.

If you do end up with the #1 overall pick, you probably to ask the rookie to come off the bench because the Celtics are not a rebuilding team. They cannot afford to let an unproven rookie refine his game at the cost of aspiring to win the Eastern Conference.

Considering Thomas is a PG, I wonder when the last time a rookie PG led a team with the Conference Finals and won, so starting a rookie PG expecting him to lead you to the Finals is a big risk.

The Wizards got tired of getting beat by IT, so they came up with a scheme to slow him down. The Celtics ran lots of backdoors and off side offense of which Olynik was a beneficiary. The kid from Gonzaga played a career game and it was fun to watch. The Celtics have extreme physicality and mental toughness just like the old school teams. I used to go to lectures by Red Auerbach at basketball camp as a kid. This is like a dream for me to watch the Celtics playing like the days of old led by IT and a kid from Gonzaga.

Status
Not open for further replies.