Draft Day!

Who will the Kings pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
10 second Carter scouting report.

-Jrue Holiday type ceiling.
-This dude takes playing defense like his life depends on it. He's a DAWG that's always competing and going right at guys.
-Has a huge 6'8 wingspan and is one of the best athletes in the draft. Some of the best measurables in the draft
-Incredible rebounder for a guard. 14% TRB and 8.7 RPG!!!
-Developed into a high volume 3pt shooter 37.7% on 6.8 3PA.

I absolutely love Keon, but I think Carter has a real shot to overtake him from day 1.
They're gonna start Carter then? Thought Brown was looking at Ellis in the starting block.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Long term every team needs 3-4 really good guards. Carters a rookie and can D up. If he was only offense and skill I'd be worried. He'll find his way with a coach like Brown unless he busts.
I don’t question his ability but we have a crap ton of guards who can ball out. Where is the length? Wing length

I don’t question his ability but we have a crap ton of guards who can ball out. Where is the length? Wing length
Depends on what you call a wing. We've been around this before, his measurements are close to players like Bruce Brown and Dort. Strength is the difference maker. The lack was there, not just length.

Kings obviously have something up their sleeve this offseason .. They're confident they can swing Mitchell, Heurter, Barnes into a legit forward. Heck now w/ Carter if a team really likes Ellis he could be available too. Can't judge roster construction while it's still the offseason.
carter doesn’t shoot nearly the percentage Keon does. Hate this pick as much as I hated the Davion pick.

I forgot about Colby Jones lol what are we doing? I can't wait to see what Monte does to make this make sense
probably want to move on from Davion, but it doesn't make sense to me having Fox/Monk/Davion/Keon/Carter all as your small guards. Carter players has a longer wingpsan for his height, but he's still only 6'2.5"

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Depends on what you call a wing. We've been around this before, his measurements are close to players like Bruce Brown and Dort. Strength is the difference maker. The lack was there, not just length.
Yeah. We just spent the entire season marveling at Josh Hart handling bigs on defense and handing entire teams their asses. Lateral length matters much more than height.

I forgot about Colby Jones lol what are we doing? I can't wait to see what Monte does to make this make sense
Imagine in 2017 if we picked Donovan Mitchell at 10. We'd all be like what the hell are we doing? We just drafted Fox and Hield is the future. There's no minutes!

Of course I have no idea if Carter will turn out to be a player or not but I get picking the guy you think is the best player available.

The upside with Carter even if not is his length, strength, and athletic ability. It's tougher when you don't have those things to fall back on.
not really sure what the upside is considering all the odds are against him on even making a rotation. if he makes it through, he's likely never starting next to Fox unless you want the smallest backcourt in the league with questionable shooting.