Do you LIKE the idea of Coach Whis being the new Kings coach?

Do you LIKE the idea of Coach Whis becoming the new Kings head coach?

• Total voters
1kingzfan said:
I had the opportunity this morning to speak directly with a current, respected NBA veteran player about the Kings' coaching situation and the potential hiring of Whiz.

What he said was this...

The majority of NBA players would have no respect for Whiz, given his non-NBA background. They would simply not listen to him when told things by Whiz that might be counter to other things they have learned from others in the past. The player I spoke with added that he does not understand what the Maloofs are doing even entertaining the possibility of Whiz as the Kings' new coach. He believes that Whiz' hiring would create a lot of internal turmoil on the team and off-the-court issues.

So, although this is just one NBA player, albeit a veteran, I would tend to say that he knows pretty well what would happen.

Therefore, if there was any doubt amongst fans about whether or not players would respect Whiz, I think the question has been answered with a high degree of certainty. So this NBA player, if given the opportunity, would vote with the 90% of fans in this thread's poll.
Man I would really like to know which NBA player you spoke with, he sounds like one smart person. Was it Corliss?

1kingzfan said:
I had the opportunity this morning to speak directly with a current, respected NBA veteran player about the Kings' coaching situation and the potential hiring of Whiz.

What he said was this...

The majority of NBA players would have no respect for Whiz, given his non-NBA background. They would simply not listen to him when told things by Whiz that might be counter to other things they have learned from others in the past. The player I spoke with added that he does not understand what the Maloofs are doing even entertaining the possibility of Whiz as the Kings' new coach. He believes that Whiz' hiring would create a lot of internal turmoil on the team and off-the-court issues.

So, although this is just one NBA player, albeit a veteran, I would tend to say that he knows pretty well what would happen.

Therefore, if there was any doubt amongst fans about whether or not players would respect Whiz, I think the question has been answered with a high degree of certainty. So this NBA player, if given the opportunity, would vote with the 90% of fans in this thread's poll.

And Vlade was on KHTK with Grant and Mike yesterday saying that he would have no problem playing for Coach Whiz if he were a player. He said that Coach Whiz was a great coach and would do a great job. He didt understand why someone wouldn't give him a chance.

Hmm...... Gee i wonder why nobody has mentioned the Vlade interview.....:p

Btw.... a quick Vlade update.... He and Pejas camp is coming soon so thats why he was on. He said the family will be moving to Spain for a few years. and after that he will be moving to either Sacramento or Los Angeles.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
slugking50 said:
And Vlade was on KHTK with Grant and Mike yesterday saying that he would have no problem playing for Coach Whiz if he were a player. He said that Coach Whiz was a great coach and would do a great job. He didt understand why someone wouldn't give him a chance.

Hmm...... Gee i wonder why nobody has mentioned the Vlade interview.....:p
Vlade is hardly the touchstone for these sorts of things, seeing as if Atilla the Hun were the coach Vlade would find the bright side (hey, he's...driven!) and try to make it work. Nor would he ever have anything bad to say about anybody no matter how idiotic they were -- kind of the Jerry Reynolds of ex-players. Good natured to the point of irrelevancy.

Ask Vlade whetehr Larry Brown would work and he would say yes. PJ Carlesimo, and he would say yes. Elie, and he would say yes. Whis, he says yes. Nellie, he says yes. Jerry Tarkanian, he says yes. Steve Kerr, he says yes. Jerry Reynolds, he says yes. Pat Summitt he says yes. Probably me, he says yes.

You can be so nice sometimes that your approval no longer matters -- its a given.