Do the Kings Make a Trade?

Do the Kings make a trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Where's the "i have no idea" option?
Yeah, I haven't checked with GP's chickens in a while (and I have no idea if the moon is full or not right now), but I think it's maybe a 50-50 thing. I put "yes" just because I hope something will happen.

I'm with Warhawk in that I think something needs to happen. I think Bibby is most likely and I will be sad to say goodbye to him, if it happens. :(

Of course, its entirely possible no trade happens, but I don't think it will be for lack of trying/interest on GP's part.

This is honestly a little harder than the C-Webb one... I mean Bibby is playing awful, he's down on his luck, he's been here for so long, he's been an outstanding citizen in Sacramento, but on the other hand this team needs to improve. This team needs draft picks, they need young players, they need to unload some big contracts. But to see him go... It would just feel... Different...

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
This is honestly a little harder than the C-Webb one... I mean Bibby is playing awful, he's down on his luck, he's been here for so long, he's been an outstanding citizen in Sacramento, but on the other hand this team needs to improve. This team needs draft picks, they need young players, they need to unload some big contracts. But to see him go... It would just feel... Different...
That is the hard part, isn't it.

Do you pull the trigger on something that makes you younger and possibly better in the long run or do you stick with the vet who has been sliding a bit....

At this point in the Kings juncture, some improvement in the frontcourt is mandatory - question is, what to do about it? Second question is, does the other team do it too, and why?

That is the hard part, isn't it.

Do you pull the trigger on something that makes you younger and possibly better in the long run or do you stick with the vet who has been sliding a bit....
it does suck that the team likely can't improve with Mike onboard. unless we wait it out and nab oden. :)

but good luck to mike whatever happens, and thanks.

I voted NO because I enjoy passionless mediocre basketball.......
I also enjoy watching Brad make that pump fake and then roll/scoot/lumber to the basket and take a shot with his arms flailing after it gets blocked by the point guard. What is the capper is then seeing him try and get back before the opposing Center dunks on his head.

Priceless fundamental basketball.

I voted yes, but I think it could likely be a relatively small trade like SAR for expiring contracts. Even if that is the case, it will be encouraging to see the front office begin to move in a direction. Probably a lot more to come this summer.

I think Geoff is hard at work in a bunker, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to get anything done that he'll be happy with doing.

While Bibby is slumping Geoff won't give him up for an unwashed head of lettuce.

different is coming whether we like it or not.

I voted "no." I think they've been trying but I just don't think anything is gonna happen.
Same here. I don't think management have been very motivated sellers, and the prospective buyers haven't had as much to offer as they wanted.

The hen will not oodle, it will just sit on its nest, getting more and more distended until it explodes.

i have to believe so or i give up all hope. at this point trying isn't good enough for petrie and co. they've screwed up big and they should be making up for it by doing more than just trying.

i have to believe so or i give up all hope. at this point trying isn't good enough for petrie and co. they've screwed up big and they should be making up for it by doing more than just trying.
Are they supposed to point guns at the heads of other GMs? :rolleyes:

I seriously don't want a trade just to trade. It has to do something for the Kings future or no trade actually ends up being the better alternative.

I believe, or like to believe, that GP is doing all he can to make us better. Mike is very hard to move due to his large contract, opt out this offseason and next, as well as his bad play this year. The Cavs really need a PG and they have the bigs I wouldn't mind us having like Gooden, Anderson V., Scot Pollard, Big Z etc.

But in the end if all we move is SAR and Pot for P.J. Brown I will not be that upset. Brown is a big NBA vet and has a nice $8M expiring contract and the Bulls really want SAR. While SAR doesn't have a bad contract and is coming off the bench, he deserves more playing time that I hope he will get in Chicago. With the move we'd have $16M coming off the books in the offseason, plus Mike's huge salary at close to that alone if he opts out which is pretty rare, but you never know...that would put us into a good rebuilding mode.

If having Bibby go is the solution, then obviously that's good. But for some reason, I just can't picture the team without him, whatever happens.:( I have a strong feeling nothing is going to happen, knowing GP. But then, I look at the sudden C-Webb trade, so it's hard to know.

Are they supposed to point guns at the heads of other GMs? :rolleyes:

I seriously don't want a trade just to trade. It has to do something for the Kings future or no trade actually ends up being the better alternative.
i could just as easily assume that there is a good deal out there that they didn't pull off as anyone else could assume there isn't a deal out there. it's all speculation really.