Do or Die for Pedja

I just heard on the Rise from Chad @ ESPN that Peja's camp was "ecstatic" about the trade. That they had pushing to get Webber out for some time now. When asked if he got this from the camp, he replied with a bonafide yes. They are ecstatic about it. It is what they wanted etc... Also, the Peja was the last resort trade if they couldn't get rid of Webber but it was Webber all along. Kind of interesting.

#1sacfan

Maybe Pedja will join the Sixers after next year to reunite with CWEBB. That would be so cute!!

I know that people get emotional and often forget the facts, but just to remind you...With Webb out, Peja was an MVP candidate and Kings were crushing everyone with unselfish play that made everyone better. Miller was an AllStar, Bibby played great, and then... he came back. This year, Vlade was gone, Peja was mostly out, did he back up his preseason promisses? The stats were good on paper ( as always) but what was the bottom line?
For the sake of all the good moves Petrie made in the past, Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and support our Kings.

KingKong said:
Does anyone else find it troubling that Peja might only play well now that Webber is gone?
that really troubles me! Of course I want him to play well, I want the Kings to win, but if he suddenly plays 100% better and is miraculously healthy I will be a little bitter. If he wasn't playing well as a power trip to get Webb out it makes me have less respect for him as a person, although I will support him as a King.

lucifer said:
I know that people get emotional and often forget the facts, but just to remind you...With Webb out, Peja was an MVP candidate and Kings were crushing everyone with unselfish play that made everyone better. Miller was an AllStar, Bibby played great, and then... he came back. This year, Vlade was gone, Peja was mostly out, did he back up his preseason promisses? The stats were good on paper ( as always) but what was the bottom line?
For the sake of all the good moves Petrie made in the past, Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and support our Kings.
the facts are that last season we had an incredibly easy schedule of mostly home games against mostly inferior teams prior to Webb coming back. There was a readjustment when he came back, but come playoff time Webb contributed twice what Peja did, and he was on one leg. Webb put 150% out there, every night, every game, and has been our most effective player this year, so , yeah, I think he lived up to his promises.

That said, Peja now has what he wanted, the chance to be the star of the team, and he is out of excuses. Come playoff time he'd better not disappear, because he has no scapegoat! By the way, was it Webb's fault that Peja missed all the freethrows in the playoffs as well? I thought that was just choking.

lucifer said:
yup.that's what i'm thinking. Offensive flow will be lot smoother now. Kings might not be considered one of the elites now that CWebb left but who thought the Sonics will be where they are now as compared to last year. Talentwise player per player Kings without Webber can be better than the Sonics. Peja and BMiller will be back to All-star form and start beating a lot of teams..in double figures again...Kings have given CWebb a chance..from last years playoffs and up to the first half of this season. CWebb was putting up good numbers but not enough to make the Kings what they used to be last regular season. i think the future looks bright for more years to come for the Kings instead of keeping CWebb and keep on hoping till his contract expires. once CWebb ends the his season with another injury i tell you guys, you will be praising Petrie again.

Peja was having an MVP type season last year before Webber came back and the offense was smooth. But it was also being ran by Vlade and Vlade was looking for and setting him up. I think people think that the offense will go back to that now that Webber is gone. I just don't know that can happen.

It is do or die for Peja and for a guy that has struggled when the pressure was on
it could get real interesting. Peja could become the new whipping boy now that Webber is gone.

zeke04 said:
Peja was having an MVP type season last year before Webber came back and the offense was smooth. But it was also being ran by Vlade and Vlade was looking for and setting him up. I think people think that the offense will go back to that now that Webber is gone. I just don't know that can happen.

It is do or die for Peja and for a guy that has struggled when the pressure was on
it could get real interesting. Peja could become the new whipping boy now that Webber is gone.
yep, and it will be well deserved. Peja's out of excuses, so I hope he's ready to play ball.

MaNiac42 said:
we really got nothing back, just get the players and release them in free agency.
unfortunately, they all have long contracts, and none of them have much trade value on their own. That means they will either be sticking around, or we will (after the season) be packaging up other good players to get rid of them. Still looking for the bright side in this...

I think Peja can step up, but I hope he find in himself somewhere near the same ammount of heart that Webb brought to the floor every night. Without that I think its a step in the wrong direction.

Remember last year we had Brad playing PF with Vlade playing C. Both are good passers. Now we have Darius (I assume) playing PF and Brad playing C. There is a big difference there.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
bdouble013 said:
I think Peja can step up, but I hope he find in himself somewhere near the same ammount of heart that Webb brought to the floor every night. Without that I think its a step in the wrong direction.

Remember last year we had Brad playing PF with Vlade playing C. Both are good passers. Now we have Darius (I assume) playing PF and Brad playing C. There is a big difference there.
And Mobley at OG in place of Doug. Are passing is nowhere NEAR what it once was, and that effects Peja more than any other player.

love_them_kings said:
the facts are that last season we had an incredibly easy schedule of mostly home games against mostly inferior teams prior to Webb coming back. There was a readjustment when he came back, but come playoff time Webb contributed twice what Peja did, and he was on one leg. Webb put 150% out there, every night, every game, and has been our most effective player this year, so , yeah, I think he lived up to his promises.

That said, Peja now has what he wanted, the chance to be the star of the team, and he is out of excuses. Come playoff time he'd better not disappear, because he has no scapegoat! By the way, was it Webb's fault that Peja missed all the freethrows in the playoffs as well? I thought that was just choking.
How do you know that peja wanted this?....I'll ask again: did peja ever mention webber in negative context?.....about the easy schedule last yaer:

some wins on the road without webber: sas, min, dallas, detroit, lal, utah, sonics, hou,milw,det.....Peja:28.55 ppg.....about play-off: first round against dallas: who made two clutch defensive stops?....

starks said:
How do you know that peja wanted this?....I'll ask again: did peja ever mention webber in negative context?.....about the easy schedule last yaer:

some wins on the road without webber: sas, min, dallas, detroit, lal, utah, sonics, hou,milw,det.....Peja:28.55 ppg.....about play-off: first round against dallas: who made two clutch defensive stops?....

Somewhere in one of the numerous posts was a quote that Peja's camp is "ECSTATIC" about the trade. How would you interpret that?

Look, I'm not going to argue last season, but I will say that although I was impressed by Peja's defense in the playoffs last season it really kills the team when your leading shooter disappears come playoff time.

love_them_kings said:
Somewhere in one of the numerous posts was a quote that Peja's camp is "ECSTATIC" about the trade. How would you interpret that?
FYI...the source on that is Chad Ford from espn insider. All most everything he reports take it with a grain of salt then spit it out.

love_them_kings said:
go on www.hoopshype.com and you will see something like "webber is happy now...." would you bleive in that?.......myabe some of peja's fans are ECSTATIC but peja?....no

zeke04 said:
FYI...the source on that is Chad Ford from espn insider. All most everything he reports take it with a grain of salt then spit it out.
yeah, Chad Ford is hard to believe, but I do think that Peja is happy about this move. And the only thing I can really base that on is a gut feeling that there is SOME reason behind the trade. They got NOTHING in return, they cleared up NO cap room, and we lost our most effective player. The ONLY thing I can figure out is that they are trying to apease Peja, because they know that as things stood, he'd be out the door come the end of next season.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Not sure what folks mean by "step up" but if what you mean is fill in a big gap by incresed boards and points I'd look at the other whie guy before I expeced this out of Pedja.

A

AriesMar27

on the bright side... bibby will have to look for peja now... that is unless miller is on fire for the rest of the season.... and what about mobley? wont his shots go up as well?

man think about it pick n' roll with peja and bibby.... scary.....