Denver wanting to trade up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is far fetched but by the sounds of it Denver wants Doncic.

The Atlanta Hawks very well could control the direction of the draft at No. 3 as they zero in on either selecting Luka Doncic, or trading the slot to a team looking to move up to select him.

"Teams know this right now, they have to get to No. 3 to get Luka Doncic," said Adrian Wojnarowski on ESPN's Wednesday evening draft coverage.

"Dallas at No. 5 has been knocking at that door," added Wojnarowski.

The Orlando Magic and even the Denver Nuggets also have interest in trading up for Doncic, according to Wojnarowski.

If the Hawks trade down, they could target Trae Young.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...ying-To-Move-Up-To-No-3-To-Select-Luka-Doncic

Now this totally hypothetical. But what if we trade the 2 overall pick(Doncic) and WCS for Jokic, Faried and their 14 overall pick. Reason being what if, and it is a totally big what if, Jokic doesn't want to be in Denver long term. I am curious as to why Denver haven't declined his option yet and start negotiating his new contract.

Think of this team
Jokic
Giles
Bogs/FA
Buddy/Bogs
Fox .

Last edited:
Nah, in another thread we are trading the pick for AD. I'd take that offer, even if I'd wait to see if we can get Curry and Durant from the Warriors (in that case we should include Buddy, and I'm not sure I'm willing to do it).

It is surprising that Denver haven't declined the team option and made him an RFA since if they go the cheap way and let him play his team option to save them going into the luxury tax with a max extension he will be an unrestricted free agent next year.

As for a possible deal, it does give us a proven player but let's not be so quick to crown Giles a day one starter next year and pencil him in as a franchise cornerstone before he's even set foot on an NBA court. I appreciate there's been hype but he's had serious injury woes and for every Embiid there are plenty that never overcome them. If he's our Embiid great, but let's not pile the pressure and expectations onto him at this stage.

Would I trade the pick for Jokic? I'd be tempted because he's just come off an 18 point per game, double digit rebound, and 6 assists per game season while shooting nearly 40% from beyond the arc. So there's a lot of appeal to him but conversely he's a defensive liability and doesn't protect the rim and that's why Denver went out to get Millsap to cover some of those issues. If he came here we'd need to cover the same flaws and that could be a tough assignment for our current collection of bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.