Define successfull 2015-16 season

We pretty much know what we will have going into the new season.
Barring Cousins missing significant number of games, what would constitute successful season for you?

I will be happy if Bulls get Kings top ten protected first round pick next year (with all implications).

I would be ecstatic if Kings make playoff.

I would define a successful season by a playoff appearance. The pieces are there. The coach is there. The push to start winning is there. We have defined, steady dictatorship in the FO. The only reason we probably wont go on an immediate tear is because the team still needs to build chemistry. Everyone wants to win. We brought in some vets that are used to winning that probably wouldnt have come here if they didnt think that the Kings would start winning.

The sports media machine has set itself up to take a big flop on its overall narrative of the Kings.

Playoffs.

As Lando said, "We are not going to get another chance at this."

Portland is a bottom team.
Dallas is relying on two guys coming off of surgery, and ancient Dirk and the worst PG rotation in the league.
Memphis is ancient all around, Zach Randolph is going into his 16th season.
Phoenix got worse then the beginning of last year.
Can OKC get healthy.
The Clippers could implode.
Minnesota is two year away.
The Nuggets are going to tank halfway through the season. Malone is going to get tired of hearing about pace again.
Oh and Lakers are still at the bottom.

So it's now or never.

We're all in.

Playoffs.

If we make the playoffs it means that

1. Chemistry has developed among everyone
2. Rondo is playing good again
3. Cuz is happy
4. We finally have 3pt shooting
5. Defense has improved

If we don't make the playoffs, I'll be highly disappointed in this team. No more bs, time for Cuz to show that he can lead this team. He finally has good players around him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
1. Seeing Sacramento on the front of the jersey and not Seattle.
2. Seeing Cousins on the back of the jersey.
3. Seeing a team that's a TEAM instead of just a bunch of guys who found matching uniforms.
4. Seeing Vlade on the sidelines and not Chris Mullin or PDA.
5. Seeing Kings fans talking about normal things instead of always being angry.
6. Seeing the Golden 1 Center become the jewel of downtown.
7. Seeing the Kings play hard and compete every single night.
8. Seeing George Karl make us remember what it is to have a winning coach on the sidelines.
9. Seeing the national media slowly have to admit their mistakes about our Kings.
10. Seeing the Kings play after mid-April (this would be the icing on the cake).

this season is defined by:

1) Boogie being here and happy
2) wins/losses

the word is: playoffs

our time is now
#2 (wins) follow #1, now that there is some actual cohesiveness and talent surrounding him, I expect to see that. I want to see a TEAM out there having fun and kicking azz, I want the magic back. The West is tough, so I will not consider the season a 'failure' should we BATTLE and miss the play offs this year, not will I consider it a 'success' if we squeek in despite dysfunctional. 3 ring circus antics. Call me greedy, I want a cohesive team, hell bent on winning, united together. Behind Bogie, that team is unstoppable.

K

KingMilz

Just a bunch of guys who don't quit and compete basically is all I have for the last 10 years wanted to see, I just found it so hard at times to cheer for the team as a whole the last few seasons and instead more so just focused on smaller things like players I liked on the team and so on. If the Kings are competitive in 90% of the games they play I would define that as success.

I just can't watch guys quitting in the middle of games/the season anymore and with the type of guys we got on the team it should not occur for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
1. Seeing Sacramento on the front of the jersey and not Seattle.
2. Seeing Cousins on the back of the jersey.
3. Seeing a team that's a TEAM instead of just a bunch of guys who found matching uniforms.
4. Seeing Vlade on the sidelines and not Chris Mullin or PDA.
5. Seeing Kings fans talking about normal things instead of always being angry.
6. Seeing the Golden 1 Center become the jewel of downtown.
7. Seeing the Kings play hard and compete every single night.
8. Seeing George Karl make us remember what it is to have a winning coach on the sidelines.
9. Seeing the national media slowly have to admit their mistakes about our Kings.
10. Seeing the Kings play after mid-April (this would be the icing on the cake).
Don't forget Nina Agdal. You forgot Nina Agdal!

A successful season for the Kings is Ranadive, Divak, Bratz, Karl making it through the season unscathed and the team playing well and happy with each other. Other than that, I hope Offie my usher is back this year and is there to carry my beer down to my seat whileI struggle to get me down to my seat. Looking forward to the new arena and new horizons for easy access seating and a hot dog stand next to my seat.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Playoffs.

I want in.

Talent-wise, we have a roster that can make it. We have a great coach, the best big in the NBA, a great #2 guy, and a roster that has finally been filled out with the right kind of role players to put around Cuz.

If we don't make the playoffs, it'll probably be due to some off court nonsense between Cuz and Karl, or something Rondo related. But all of that is avoidable.

And once we're in the post season I would love for us to win at least one game, not expecting us to advance.... yet!

In an ideal world we will make the play offs as the 8th seed and not get beaten 4-0 in the first round. I don't expect us to compete for a title, but a close fought first round play off series - say 4-2 or 4-3 - would be a step in the right direction.

My bare minimum would be .500 and being on the fringes of the play offs.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Team chemistry to settle out by years end and like The_Jamal, 41 wins will show me real progress. Seems for first time in long while there will be a cadre of role players for every position. Would want to see the PG situation resolved by end of November. Basically am happy with off season and if Cuz is a happy camper, the 41 wins should be achievable if not more. Thats only 13 more wins than last couple of years and half that quantity is achieved by just cleaning up TO's. GO KINGS!!

Team chemistry to settle out by years end and like The_Jamal, 41 wins will show me real progress. Seems for first time in long while there will be a cadre of role players for every position. Would want to see the PG situation resolved by end of November. Basically am happy with off season and if Cuz is a happy camper, the 41 wins should be achievable if not more. Thats only 13 more wins than last couple of years and half that quantity is achieved by just cleaning up TO's. GO KINGS!!

I have a good feeling this team will really come together. They all know whats at stake here and the time for excuses is over. We have an MVP talent in Cousins and a great sidekick in Rudy. Not to mention our terrific bench! There will no longer massive drop offs in production once the starters leave the floor. A weak bench and lack of defense after Malone were the main reasons we started losing.

I honestly think this team is not only built to make the playoffs, but to also contend with some of the big dogs in the west! Now i'm not saying were championship material, but if things click right we can be a very scary team.

Is this franchise still a mess? A joke? A couple friends of mine, non kings fans though they are Sac lifers, think none of the moves will make an impact and that the team is a mess.

I'd say as long as the perception of the franchise changes, that will be success enough.

...I really hate not having more compassionate friends when it comes the the NBA. They're just player fan boys anyway who think they are loyal to the teams those players are on.