Dear Vlade, Surprise Us. Trade Bogi Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then no more BS'ing. They have to find a way for Buddy and Bogdan to get those real starter minutes in some form or fashion. You can't have two SG's that can't slide over taking up 40+ percent of your cap.
yeah Im ready to see Fox-Buddy-Bogdan-Barnes-Holmes starters and letting it gel together. Start playing to this team's strengths and letting them thrive as a small-ball unit and in transition.

Bogi needs to go now. Trade him NOW Vlade. I don't want to pay this overrated dude. He has some trade value. Come on.

I don't dislike Bogi but I don't like him enough to pay him. I don't care what our record looks like with him on the floor this year. Team is garbage either way.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I gotta ask why?

You realize he's played in less games this season than Marvin Bagley, right?

Like many Duke players, he always misses games. And underachieves. 5 years in and still isn't more than an ok role player.

Like you. I've always liked his potential. But when's it gonna hit? And is he ever gonna shake the injury bug. This is the 2nd season he'll miss the vast majority of games.
It doesn't need to hit. He'd be a solid 2 way playmaker that could pick up for some for some of the slack you'd lose in a Bogdan exit. Plus, he's another 3/4 combo who would be perfect for Walton since he's a tremendous one on one defender and can legit defend 4 positions.

I don’t see Bogi as a main core piece at all. As a guy playing 4th fiddle (for example, like to LeBron and others in a strictly complimentary role, I’d think he’d flourish!)

But as a core piece I don’t see it. I dread the contract he’s going to get.
Years from now we are going to hate the Bogi contract similar to how we currently hate the Barnes contract. I know it, you know it and everyone else here secretly knows it within their heart as well.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Years from now we are going to hate the Bogi contract similar to how we currently hate the Barnes contract. I know it, you know it and everyone else here secretly knows it within their heart as well.
He’s gonna have the “Once he’s fully healthy and rested just you see!” caveat next to his name for the next 4 years and 80 million dollars.

Some context:

1. I like Bogi. I think Bogi is the best two guard on the Kings.
2. I think this season is over. Tank. This is looking like a shallow draft.
3. Bogi has his warts. $12M to $15M per year? Okay. $15M+? Not sure.
4. My biggest criticism of Vlade is he simply hasn't shown any creativity since he's become GM. This is an opportunity to be creative.
5. Trade Bogs, go after him in the off season. If he signs and is able to come back, the Kings have acquired assets for Airbnbing him to a different team for a 1/2 of year. If he signs and that other team matches, Vlade has played a part in anchoring that other team's cap. Move on.

Bogi needs to go now. Trade him NOW Vlade. I don't want to pay this overrated dude. He has some trade value. Come on.

I don't dislike Bogi but I don't like him enough to pay him. I don't care what our record looks like with him on the floor this year. Team is garbage either way.
He doesn't play enough for his record to matter. And he won't get healthier with age.

It doesn't need to hit. He'd be a solid 2 way playmaker that could pick up for some for some of the slack you'd lose in a Bogdan exit. Plus, he's another 3/4 combo who would be perfect for Walton since he's a tremendous one on one defender and can legit defend 4 positions.
You know what the best ability is?

Availability.

If the guy can stay on the court, I'm with you. I've always liked his athleticism and defensive skills. As much as I loathe Duke players, and for good reason, he was a guy I wanted the KINGS to get a hold of coming out of college.

But he hasn't become the player I hoped he would. And I'm skeptical that he will.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
yeah Im ready to see Fox-Buddy-Bogdan-Barnes-Holmes starters and letting it gel together. Start playing to this team's strengths and letting them thrive as a small-ball unit and in transition.
It's not even a question of want at this point either. They need it to happen. They went with the "depth" thing this year and while I do think mostly coaching decisions have been this teams undoing this year based on the neglect to stick with what's working, they have all but solidified their core. You can't just shuffle this player in for this player based play big at this moment, small at this other moment, etc. When you do that you have to start attaching assets just to get rid of half of the salary burden you just picked up. i.e. Dedmon because players values will decline. Overpaying players is one thing, but overpaying while not being a contender and in the process putting the same players in a role where they are doomed to underperform as individuals is a death sentence. The Kings are way too close to the edge of a blowup from the front office on down to be doing that.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
You know what the best ability is?

Availability.

If the guy can stay on the court, I'm with you. I've always liked his athleticism and defensive skills. As much as I loathe Duke players, and for good reason, he was a guy I wanted the KINGS to get a hold of coming out of college.

But he hasn't become the player I hoped he would. And I'm skeptical that he will.
No doubt there are issues with Winslow that predate his NBA career, but unless something comes out that his back is wrecked or something then I wouldn't let that stop any interest considering the fit and alternatives. He's so far had kind of a 50/50 split in his career in terms of games played so it could be worse. This in the end is all up to Walton. Is he willing to go with what works or is he dead set on defense first? If so then Vlade better start looking at more Bazemore/Holmes types because that's the only way this will work.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Bogdan played in more games this year than Fox, Holmes, and Bagley.
But he's played injured for half the games he does play. And when he plays injured, he plays like crap. And when he gets injured it's not even from a contact injury. It's from just pulling up lame. I'm very disappointed they couldn't trade him for a younger player that could potentially be in the core of this team. We'll never know what was offered for him. Maybe it wasn't much.

We'll never know what was offered for him. Maybe it wasn't much.
I don't think it matters. I don't believe they ever wanted to trade him.

Regardless whether the KINGS needed to make the move they did yesterday to free up more $$$ to sign him (that was a big controversy on twitter yesterday), I think that move signaled that they weren't intending to trade him. I believe that teams were interested and called, but I don't believe the KINGS really considered it too much. Right or wrong.

And I don't know any of that to be true, it's just the feeling I get.

When your team sucks, nobody likes any of the contracts on your team (save maybe an obvious bargain like Holmes). You pay the players you think will lead us to some wins and we go from there. From my perspective, there is a good reason most of the competent teams around the league were rumored to be interested in him.

When your team sucks, nobody likes any of the contracts on your team (save maybe an obvious bargain like Holmes). You pay the players you think will lead us to some wins and we go from there. From my perspective, there is a good reason most of the competent teams around the league were rumored to be interested in him.
Yea, but the pay is going to be like $20M per year and at best he will be a 3rd option, very similar to what Barnes is. Like I said I don't dislike Bogi, he's a decent player. But we're looking at having our 3rd and 4th options (Bogi/Barnes) making crazy money. Not to mention Buddy who, while better lately, largely hasn't panned out so far.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
If this deadline is any indication, the Kings are willing to stay the course for the most part. I'm not sure how much other teams really helped themselves in the playoff race other than the rich getting richer, but in terms of direct competition I can't see any team really coming out ahead of Sac. The main enemy now is play style and time. That .500 w/l threshold is holding steady and the Kings have a pretty small window to hit that. 10 losses and this could go bad in a hurry. Heading into summer with the potential of either overpaying to keep a bottom feeder together or possibly losing one of your core talents for less than you would have ever got at the deadline, having a middling mid-lotto pick in an not so deep draft, and a cemented salary cap with two huge extensions waiting in the wings. Vivek better be very careful here. Should he decide to pull the plug it's going to be very hard for him to find anyone worth their salt to take that ball and run with it from there.

Bogi is a keeper IMO. I don't understand why you would want to trade away your good players.
Because there's about 20 posters here that like to play pretend GM. And they just post over and over and over. They never make the wrong move in their pretend universe. If the grass is always greener somewhere else, that's because it is! If a player has two bad games, get rid of him! Trade him for assets! Tank until you are ready to take the championship!

But he's played injured for half the games he does play. And when he plays injured, he plays like crap. And when he gets injured it's not even from a contact injury. It's from just pulling up lame. I'm very disappointed they couldn't trade him for a younger player that could potentially be in the core of this team. We'll never know what was offered for him. Maybe it wasn't much.
he has played injured cause they rushed his return on the original hamstring injury. if they waited it would have been ok

So the deadline has passed. Vlade's made his bed--he's riding with this core. The Kings are 19 -31. There are 32 games left. In order to get to .500 and presumably the playoffs, the Kings have to go 22 -10, which is a 68.8% win record. Basically, they would have to play as well as the Nuggets (.692 win %) the rest of the year. I just don't see it. 32 games before Vlade's firing or resignation. Tick, tick, tick, tick...

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So the deadline has passed. Vlade's made his bed--he's riding with this core. The Kings are 19 -31. There are 32 games left. In order to get to .500 and presumably the playoffs, the Kings have to go 22 -10, which is a 68.8% win record. Basically, they would have to play as well as the Nuggets (.692 win %) the rest of the year. I just don't see it. 32 games before Vlade's firing or resignation. Tick, tick, tick, tick...
Vlade isn’t going anywhere. I’ve always said Bagley extended his clock because he was the developmental pick, and he also has the injury excuse as well.

The Kings are stuck with the dude.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The core of Fox/Bogi/Buddy/Bagley has got to be one of the lowest ceiling "young" cores in the NBA currently.
I’d take Jabari and Giles (and their knees!) in my Core Four over Bogi and Buddy. Lol

Obviously this team will go as far as Fox and Bagley’s hypothetical, though as of yet nowhere close to being reached sky-high potential takes them. Bogi and Buddy are what they are. Definitely useful to a team. But not very exciting if they’re a main piece. Lol

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The core of Fox/Bogi/Buddy/Bagley has got to be one of the lowest ceiling "young" cores in the NBA currently.
It goes to show you how much misuse can damage careers. Gee, I wonder why almost no free agents dare set foot in Sacramento? The last 15 games or so Fox has FINALLY had spacing? Eh, 24 ppg on 50% shooting. No big deal or nuthin'.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
he has played injured cause they rushed his return on the original hamstring injury. if they waited it would have been ok
The Kings don't rush anyone back from injury. Bogs is the one "rushing" back from injury, not the Kings. And if he didn't rush back, he'd just be under injured status, not playing while injured status. Either way, it sucks.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I don't think it matters. I don't believe they ever wanted to trade him.

Regardless whether the KINGS needed to make the move they did yesterday to free up more $$$ to sign him (that was a big controversy on twitter yesterday), I think that move signaled that they weren't intending to trade him. I believe that teams were interested and called, but I don't believe the KINGS really considered it too much. Right or wrong.

And I don't know any of that to be true, it's just the feeling I get.
I think you're right. I just talked to Napear and he said the Kings had interest from many teams on Bogs. They didn't want to trade him. I seriously don't understand their reasoning or strategy. He's an injury waiting to happen. Who on this board will be surprised next year if Bogs is injured or playing injured ("not right") for most of next year? What will be shocking is if he plays like he's healthy for 80% of the season. I'm very disappointed in that strategy.

I think you're right. I just talked to Napear and he said the Kings had interest from many teams on Bogs. They didn't want to trade him. I seriously don't understand their reasoning or strategy. He's an injury waiting to happen. Who on this board will be surprised next year if Bogs is injured or playing injured ("not right") for most of next year? What will be shocking is if he plays like he's healthy for 80% of the season. I'm very disappointed in that strategy.
Heard you on grant. Nice questions.
You are right, doesn't make any sense to me either. He plays way too much. He’s not gonna take a break from intl play. Why the hell would you not trade him if as grant says, he was drawing big time interest from other teams. He’s gonna command way too much money and he’s gonna be hurt or “not right” more often. How surprising is it that the kings are gonna end up sinking huge money into this guy?

Par for the course for this franchise........

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Heard you on grant. Nice questions.
You are right, doesn't make any sense to me either. He plays way too much. He’s not gonna take a break from intl play. Why the hell would you not trade him if as grant says, he was drawing big time interest from other teams. He’s gonna command way too much money and he’s gonna be hurt or “not right” more often. How surprising is it that the kings are gonna end up sinking huge money into this guy?

Par for the course for this franchise........
Of all the things Vlade has done, this one I just don't understand. It was interesting that when I said that I didn't understand the strategy of not trading Bogs, especially when there was much interest in him around the league, neither Grant nor Doug said anything.:D

The Kings now have Holmes, Bags, Len, Parker, Tolliver, Bjelly, & Giles as 4/5s. Vlade loves his bigs.

They now have only one true 3. The most important position in the league.

One averaged sized 2 guard and an another who is undersized and below avg athletically. Plus a 2, who mostly plays the 3 (Bazemore).

Fox n Joseph at the one.

And bench fodder.

Roster construction 3.5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.