Dear Maloofs

FIRE KEITH SMART!

Hello Maloof Brothers. I know you’re reading this…I have a few things that have been bothering me…If you’re truly interested in staying in Sacramento. If you truly want a winning team, if you care about making money. Then you’d fire our coach. I don’t know, maybe you’re telling him what to do, but please stop. Either stop meddling - you’re not a coach, or you need to fire Coach Smart; because right now, he’s anything but smart and he’s going to destroy our team. If you want to make money off of this team I suggest you stop alienating one of your top players – yes, the same guy you shouted and jumped up on stage and said how amazing he was going to be. Btw, he’s a pretty good player if you knew how to use him.

Why would anybody want to play for us when we’re not stable (as a Team & organization). If the Lakers can hire a coach 5 games into the season so can we. Call Nate McMillan, give him a 3 year contract, promise to stop interfering & meddling in our team and let him make this team a unit & finally a playoff team. If you think moving is your answer then I hate to break it to you but it’s not. If you can’t give the fans a good product they won’t show up. If Tyreke leaves then you know Demarcus is next, once he sees that you’re not willing to put in the money & stability into this team why would any player want to be here? And if you’re planning on selling the team once you move, then do it while you’re here. This is our TEAM. If you care about the “6th Man” “the best fans in the world” “Arco Thunder” etc. then you’d do anything & everything to keep this team here. You would have agreed to the new arena. You wouldn’t say for the past 10 years that Arco isn’t worth being “remodeled” and then come back around and say “that this city can’t afford a new arena and then saying that Arco needs to be fixed and all will be fine.” If you don’t have the money, I’m sorry but this team, these fans deserve better...stop acting like this is a championship team with a HOF coach all while the coach does everything to keep us from improving.

All of this can be solved in a small series of steps and it starts with you. Hire someone stable & stop messing with the team. With all the money you wasted on these past 6 (I can’t even remember how many different coaches that we’ve had in these few years), you could have kept Rick or hired another credible coach.

Regarding Keith - I’m sick of his “coaching” he might know what he’s doing in the offseason – and I can’t be to sure about that- but what he’s doing to this team is ridiculous. Bring in a high school coach and he’s going to know how to have a steady rotation & playing time. Since when does any coach constantly, and I mean constantly ice a hot player and for a straight 12 minute period? These guys need guidelines and set roles. Tell them what their job is and you can’t give everybody the green light to do anything that they want. You’re not always going to be their friend. Everybody shouldn’t be playing. And what’s really interesting was – I’ve seen everybody play except Tyler Honeycutt. We’d rather play Travis Outlaw instead of developing Tyler (in those instances).

Btw, if your good players are leaving (and I mean leaving this team), don’t expect your stock to rise when you want to sell this team. If you want to make money when you sell the team then you better have a good team on the floor.

Btw Part 2: I believe as fans, we should do everything and anything to keep this team here. So please, don’t skip out on a game if you can go. The Maloofs want us to stop going & once that happens they have the biggest reason to move – we don’t want that. These players need us. We are the best fans. We’re not going to support the Maloofs, we’re going to support our team. I wish every game could be like the Clippers vs. Kings “Here We Stay” game or the Thunder TNT game. I want to see Arco Thunder back. I want to see the fans pumped throughout the game(s).

This did start as a Fire Keith Smart thread but somehow I ended up on a mixture of things. Sorry if this is long…If anybody wants to add to this, agree/disagree, your thoughts, etc please do.

FIRE KEITH SMART!

Hello Maloof Brothers. I know you’re reading this…I have a few things that have been bothering me…If you’re truly interested in staying in Sacramento. If you truly want a winning team, if you care about making money. Then you’d fire our coach. I don’t know, maybe you’re telling him what to do, but please stop. Either stop meddling - you’re not a coach, or you need to fire Coach Smart; because right now, he’s anything but smart and he’s going to destroy our team. If you want to make money off of this team I suggest you stop alienating one of your top players – yes, the same guy you shouted and jumped up on stage and said how amazing he was going to be. Btw, he’s a pretty good player if you knew how to use him.

Why would anybody want to play for us when we’re not stable (as a Team & organization). If the Lakers can hire a coach 5 games into the season so can we. Call Nate McMillan, give him a 3 year contract, promise to stop interfering & meddling in our team and let him make this team a unit & finally a playoff team. If you think moving is your answer then I hate to break it to you but it’s not. If you can’t give the fans a good product they won’t show up. If Tyreke leaves then you know Demarcus is next, once he sees that you’re not willing to put in the money & stability into this team why would any player want to be here? And if you’re planning on selling the team once you move, then do it while you’re here. This is our TEAM. If you care about the “6th Man” “the best fans in the world” “Arco Thunder” etc. then you’d do anything & everything to keep this team here. You would have agreed to the new arena. You wouldn’t say for the past 10 years that Arco isn’t worth being “remodeled” and then come back around and say “that this city can’t afford a new arena and then saying that Arco needs to be fixed and all will be fine.” If you don’t have the money, I’m sorry but this team, these fans deserve better...stop acting like this is a championship team with a HOF coach all while the coach does everything to keep us from improving.

All of this can be solved in a small series of steps and it starts with you. Hire someone stable & stop messing with the team. With all the money you wasted on these past 6 (I can’t even remember how many different coaches that we’ve had in these few years), you could have kept Rick or hired another credible coach.

Regarding Keith - I’m sick of his “coaching” he might know what he’s doing in the offseason – and I can’t be to sure about that- but what he’s doing to this team is ridiculous. Bring in a high school coach and he’s going to know how to have a steady rotation & playing time. Since when does any coach constantly, and I mean constantly ice a hot player and for a straight 12 minute period? These guys need guidelines and set roles. Tell them what their job is and you can’t give everybody the green light to do anything that they want. You’re not always going to be their friend. Everybody shouldn’t be playing. And what’s really interesting was – I’ve seen everybody play except Tyler Honeycutt. We’d rather play Travis Outlaw instead of developing Tyler (in those instances).

Btw, if your good players are leaving (and I mean leaving this team), don’t expect your stock to rise when you want to sell this team. If you want to make money when you sell the team then you better have a good team on the floor.

Btw Part 2: I believe as fans, we should do everything and anything to keep this team here. So please, don’t skip out on a game if you can go. The Maloofs want us to stop going & once that happens they have the biggest reason to move – we don’t want that. These players need us. We are the best fans. We’re not going to support the Maloofs, we’re going to support our team. I wish every game could be like the Clippers vs. Kings “Here We Stay” game or the Thunder TNT game. I want to see Arco Thunder back. I want to see the fans pumped throughout the game(s).

This did start as a Fire Keith Smart thread but somehow I ended up on a mixture of things. Sorry if this is long…If anybody wants to add to this, agree/disagree, your thoughts, etc please do.
I like your passion and the fact that you care about your team, but I don't know if firing Smart is the solution. This roster is a cluster f%$&. Smart's job isn't the easiest, considering so many players are so similar. Plus, he has to deal with Cuz, the best player on the team that happens to be unstable. Not good leadership from your best player is a major cause for concern. Do I think Smart is a good coach? No, but he's not dealing with the best circumstances.

I like your passion and the fact that you care about your team, but I don't know if firing Smart is the solution. This roster is a cluster f%$&. Smart's job isn't the easiest, considering so many players are so similar. Plus, he has to deal with Cuz, the best player on the team that happens to be unstable. Not good leadership from your best player is a major cause for concern. Do I think Smart is a good coach? No, but he's not dealing with the best circumstances.
Thanks. I love the Kings, lol. If we can get a credible coach, I think we should fire him. But you’re right, if nobody else is available it wouldn’t be worth it. I agree there are some players that don’t fit in, but we have some pieces that should be able to come together. It also doesn’t make sense that he yanks some players chains, doesn’t have a set rotation, lets everyone have the green light, sometimes changes people’s positions when it doesn’t work, play players to their strength, etc. All of that comes on the coach. Keith has done a good job with Demarcus – but he’s also given Cousins some mixed signals.

I think he can do much better than what he’s done in the last year and part of this year. But he hasn’t done anything to show me that he knows how to be stable and real coach.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
We've almost got to the point where change for the sake of change is a good thing, it doesn't even matter who the next coach is. We got there with Musselman, Theus, and Westphal and now we're about there with Smart. The thing is, these players have been in the NBA long enough at this point to smell the BS. The next coach is going to have an even tougher job than his predecessors molding this unit into a coherent team -- so why not save everybody some time and frustration and get a coach who's up to the task this time?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Long ago when some members would call for the Maloofs to fire Adelman my response was this... Ok fire him to hire who? Now at that time the Maloofs were flush with cash but most of the top coaches were under contact. Today things are a little different. There are a few top coachs available, but there is almost no way to lure them to Sacramento with empty pockets, no established NBA Star(s) and not chance of signing any top free agents. So again I ask fire Smart to hire who? Trust me I have no huge attachment to Smart, in fact I would love to see him replaced by Sloan, or S Van Gundy, but lets face it, that is not going to happen. If/When the Maloofs let Smart go all they can get is another wash out like Westfall or a young up and comer like Musselman or Smart. All things being equal I'll take the young up and comer over the wash out every time because every great coach was once a young guy who needed a chance. I may be wrong but I don't recall any burned out coach rising from the ashes of his career like a Phoenix to lead a team out of obscurity. So while there is little chance coach Smart will take this team anywhere there is at least a chance he could.

Maloofs need to sell the team. They do that, and the rest takes care of itself. Sell the team to an owner that can spend to win and the first thing that will happen is there will be a huge broom through the front office and the coaching department.

A good coach would be brought in, better front office with visions and know how and just as importantly resources to get it done.

With Magoofs, even if we fired Smart do you really think we will get a better coach? Do you really think Maloofs would pay $5+ million per season for a good coach? For the price that Maloofs are willing to pay we a not getting, JVG, or McMillan, or Sloan or Phil!

Even if the Magoofs are willing to pay for a good coach, why would one want to come and work for them and for a franchise that has been a basket case for some 6 years now and has been getting progressively worse? Coaching is a different industry. One bad move and your career is over. No one worth anything wants to risk that for these clowns!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Even if the Magoofs are willing to pay for a good coach, why would one want to come and work for them and for a franchise that has been a basket case for some 6 years now and has been getting progressively worse? Coaching is a different industry. One bad move and your career is over. No one worth anything wants to risk that for these clowns!

Maybe we can spin it! "Hey! You can't do any worse! Its impossible to fail... Not only that, but the organization and owners are so disrespected that any failure can automatically be attributed to them..."

New owners is the only hope for improvement at this point. Preferably to one of the potential buyers that wants to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
New owners is the only hope for improvement at this point. Preferably to one of the potential buyers that wants to keep the Kings in Sacramento.
Thing is that takes so long it couldn't be completed until the second half of the season even if the Maloofs wanted to do it, which they don't. And by that time if this keeps up a whole crop of young talent will have been lost and wasted.

Since 2006, the Sacramento Kings have gone through:
Eric Musselman
Reggie Theus
Kenny Natt
Paul Westphal
Keith Smart

Since 2006 the Oakland Raiders have gone through:
Art Shell
Lane Kiffin
Tom Cable
Hue Jackson
Dennis Allen

What is my point? My point is that like the Oakland Raiders, the Kings is not a coaching issue or a talent issue, this is an organizational culture issue. Which is why I have given up on listening to the Kings talking heads about what must be done quarter by quarter, half by half, game by game to improve this team. IT IS WHITE HOT NOISE!!

Successful Sports Franchises are constructed from the top down, just like any other business. And the 2012-13 Sacramento Kings season began with ESPN declaring the Maloof Family as "THE WORST" owners in professional team sports. And Sports Illustrated just completely trashing the franchise in it's annual NBA Preview. That is not by accident. My friends, this issue is going to be around for awhile; until the ownership situation is addressed. I don't care if Joe and Gavin fire Smart and Petrie in the same day, it is not going to change this culture as long as this family owns this team.

And the proof of the dysfunction going on here is found in the fact that look at the teams in the league that has passed Sacramento by: LA Clippers, Minnesota, New Orleans, Memphis and Golden State. Shoot, in six years, New Orleans was better than Sacramento, then just as bad as Sacramento, and the talent is now better than Sacramento again. IT IS A CULTURE ISSUE.

This situation reminds me of the 1997-98 Sacramento Kings, right before the franchise was bought by the Maloofs; Lifeless, lack of leadership, attendance was very bad, no hope for the future. It has now come full circle.

Since 2006, the Sacramento Kings have gone through:
Eric Musselman
Reggie Theus
Kenny Natt
Paul Westphal
Keith Smart

Since 2006 the Oakland Raiders have gone through:
Art Shell
Lane Kiffin
Tom Cable
Hue Jackson
Dennis Allen

What is my point? My point is that like the Oakland Raiders, the Kings is not a coaching issue or a talent issue, this is an organizational culture issue. Which is why I have given up on listening to the Kings talking heads about what must be done quarter by quarter, half by half, game by game to improve this team. IT IS WHITE HOT NOISE!!

Successful Sports Franchises are constructed from the top down, just like any other business. And the 2012-13 Sacramento Kings season began with ESPN declaring the Maloof Family as "THE WORST" owners in professional team sports. And Sports Illustrated just completely trashing the franchise in it's annual NBA Preview. That is not by accident. My friends, this issue is going to be around for awhile; until the ownership situation is addressed. I don't care if Joe and Gavin fire Smart and Petrie in the same day, it is not going to change this culture as long as this family owns this team.

And the proof of the dysfunction going on here is found in the fact that look at the teams in the league that has passed Sacramento by: LA Clippers, Minnesota, New Orleans, Memphis and Golden State. Shoot, in six years, New Orleans was better than Sacramento, then just as bad as Sacramento, and the talent is now better than Sacramento again. IT IS A CULTURE ISSUE.

This situation reminds me of the 1997-98 Sacramento Kings, right before the franchise was bought by the Maloofs; Lifeless, lack of leadership, attendance was very bad, no hope for the future. It has now come full circle.
I agree to a point, but I disagree with the fact that this won't get better as long as the Maloofs are around. If the Clippers can win with Sterling we can win with the Maloofs.

Culture can be changed or fixed with a good coach. That list of coaches, for both the Raiders and the Kings, stands out because none of those guys are doing anything of note now. We haven't picked the right guy. Smart still has time to turn it around, by the way, but that doesn't look likely.

If this team has a top 10 coach we'd be much better. The 'light at the end of the tunnel' here, is that if we fire Smart after this season there are quite a few 'top 10' material coaches without a job that we could theoretically hire.

I like SVG, JVG, Jerry Sloan, Mike Budenholzer, and Nate McMillan. A part of me would also totally get behind Calipari. Brad Stevens from Butler is also a guy I like.

Then you have Flip Saunders and Larry Brown, two coaches I don't like, but they have a decent track record.

Thing is that takes so long it couldn't be completed until the second half of the season even if the Maloofs wanted to do it, which they don't. And by that time if this keeps up a whole crop of young talent will have been lost and wasted.
Unfortunately, I agree with this assessment. I'm just thinking long term. Translated: Before I'm dead. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Instead of posting letters to the Maloofs, maybe we should be starting a campaign aimed at Ron Burkle.

Instead of posting letters to the Maloofs, maybe we should be starting a campaign aimed at Ron Burkle.
Well played. I now advocate firing Smart. Only my idea involves allowing another one of the assistant coaches take over in hopes that he would understand the basic concepts of rotations, sub patterns and lineup mixes. I know the Maloofs wont hire a worthwhile coach, and bringing in a brand new dime a dozen coach will only hurt stability. So allow one of the familiar faces to take over the job, again. The team would instantly be better off with anyone that doesnt do ridiculous rotation tomfoolery.

Well played. I now advocate firing Smart. Only my idea involves allowing another one of the assistant coaches take over in hopes that he would understand the basic concepts of rotations, sub patterns and lineup mixes. I know the Maloofs wont hire a worthwhile coach, and bringing in a brand new dime a dozen coach will only hurt stability. So allow one of the familiar faces to take over the job, again. The team would instantly be better off with anyone that doesnt do ridiculous rotation tomfoolery.
The thing is any NBA player should know the importance of having fixed rotations and lineup chemistry. Maybe Smart, not having been much of an NBA player, doesn't realise this. Guys like Clifford Ray and Alex English on the other hand, should.

Maybe people will realize that this team, at this moment, is NOT about winning... it's about MONEY.

It's about keeping costs as low as possible while doing the minimum necessary to keep the fans interested and spending their money. It's about providing false hope while the Maloofs buy time to either get an unreasonable offer way above the team's value, or raise the value of the team by relocating it so they can sell it for more.

The only way this ends well is if the goofs sell the team to a buyer who wants to keep them here. I'm with VF21 - Burkle or bust!

Long ago when some members would call for the Maloofs to fire Adelman my response was this... Ok fire him to hire who? Now at that time the Maloofs were flush with cash but most of the top coaches were under contact. Today things are a little different. There are a few top coachs available, but there is almost no way to lure them to Sacramento with empty pockets, no established NBA Star(s) and not chance of signing any top free agents. So again I ask fire Smart to hire who? Trust me I have no huge attachment to Smart, in fact I would love to see him replaced by Sloan, or S Van Gundy, but lets face it, that is not going to happen. If/When the Maloofs let Smart go all they can get is another wash out like Westfall or a young up and comer like Musselman or Smart. All things being equal I'll take the young up and comer over the wash out every time because every great coach was once a young guy who needed a chance. I may be wrong but I don't recall any burned out coach rising from the ashes of his career like a Phoenix to lead a team out of obscurity. So while there is little chance coach Smart will take this team anywhere there is at least a chance he could.
I never wanted to let Rick go. A lot of fans – and I mean a lot – didn’t know how great of a coach he was. What’s the old saying, you don’t know how good you have it until it’s gone. Yeah, I’m sure most fans regret wanting him gone.

There’s always a way to bring people here. But right now, with the Maloofs, it’s extremely hard. Money solves a lot of issues. I do believe that they would put money into a coach that has credibility, but with them wanting to move, I think they need someone that they can control.

Maloofs need to sell the team. They do that, and the rest takes care of itself. Sell the team to an owner that can spend to win and the first thing that will happen is there will be a huge broom through the front office and the coaching department.

A good coach would be brought in, better front office with visions and know how and just as importantly resources to get it done.

With Magoofs, even if we fired Smart do you really think we will get a better coach? Do you really think Maloofs would pay $5+ million per season for a good coach? For the price that Maloofs are willing to pay we a not getting, JVG, or McMillan, or Sloan or Phil!

You’re right, the main problem is our owners. But right now, we at least need someone to put this team on the right track. I believe that a decent coach can do that.

Maybe we can spin it! "Hey! You can't do any worse! Its impossible to fail... Not only that, but the organization and owners are so disrespected that any failure can automatically be attributed to them..."
Exactly. That could work. But also, we don’t have a bad team – Tyreke & Demarcus could be a dominant duo and that in itself can be a huge draw for a good coach.

Just because they said that they don’t want to sell, it doesn’t mean that they wont. I think the Maloofs are looking for someone to pay over their actual team cost. At this point I do hope that someone who wants to keep the team here would actually pay a little more.

That also sounds good. Maybe we should tweet, facebook & write letters to the NBA.

Maybe people will realize that this team, at this moment, is NOT about winning... it's about MONEY.

It's about keeping costs as low as possible while doing the minimum necessary to keep the fans interested and spending their money. It's about providing false hope while the Maloofs buy time to either get an unreasonable offer way above the team's value, or raise the value of the team by relocating it so they can sell it for more.

The only way this ends well is if the goofs sell the team to a buyer who wants to keep them here. I'm with VF21 - Burkle or bust!
You’re right, it’s not about winning. It’s about moving. It’s about making this team a bad team, making the fans sick of the losing ways, just so they can pack their bags and move. And that’s why I still want fans to go to games and support the team – that doesn’t mean you’re supporting the owners. Cheer for these guys. When we’re into it, they win. The more they win, the more the fans come back for more. These guys (the players) have constantly said that the fan support is the best part. They love it & the run on our energy.

I do hope, by the end of this year, we’ll get the news that this team has a new owner that is going to keep the team here.

trust me the Maloofs arent reading this. they couldnt care less about how bad the team is or what people in Sacramento think
Trust me, they are reading this. I do agree that they don't care about how bad this team is or what we think. They want to make this team so bad that the fans have enough and leave. Once that happens they can prove a point (even if they're the problem) and convince the other owners to let them leave.

Someone told me to watch "Major League" it's a baseball movie based on a similar situation. Owner doesn't like the team in a certain city, she wants to move it, but the only way to do so is by making the team so bad that the fans don't show up...We can't let this happen.

Trust me, they are reading this. I do agree that they don't care about how bad this team is or what we think. They want to make this team so bad that the fans have enough and leave. Once that happens they can prove a point (even if they're the problem) and convince the other owners to let them leave.

Someone told me to watch "Major League" it's a baseball movie based on a similar situation. Owner doesn't like the team in a certain city, she wants to move it, but the only way to do so is by making the team so bad that the fans don't show up...We can't let this happen.
Also the central theme of The Natural.

Campaign for Ronald Burkle to show some cash and lure the Maloofs into selling the team to him.
New management, get new coach, couple trades. Win. Investment. Done.

The Maloofs have squandered their dad's fortune and are left with only the Kings as an asset (aside from their proported investment in Wells Fargo stocks). They own 55% of the Kings, owe the City of Sacramento something like $60 or $70 million, owe the NBA probably $100 million. Selling the Kings for $400 million would only net out less than $100 million. They WILL NOT sell the Kings! Our only hope is that the NBA decides they don't/can't run the Kings in an adequate manner and take over the Kings ala what they did with New Orleans. The new owner would have to assume some of the debt, undoubtably, and at last account Mr. Burkle didn't want to over pay for the Kings. So we're in a holding pattern waiting for the Maloofs to run the Kings into the ground, or the NBA sees fit to take over the Kings. Anything else just wouldn't make too much difference, at least not enought to satisfy the loyal Kings fans.

I wholeheartedly agree. Except I don't think they care about keeping the fans interested. I also believe they won't fire Smart or Petrie, leaving new owners the opportunity to clean house and start new.

I wholeheartedly agree. Except I don't think they care about keeping the fans interested. I also believe they won't fire Smart or Petrie, leaving new owners the opportunity to clean house and start new.
How about this: we pick a home game with the biggest national exposure, and everyone who wants the team to stay and the Maloofs to sell, we buy tickets and sell the place out. Then just ongoing chants of "sell the kings!" and some post-game rallies? I'll buy 2 tickets. This shows that fans will still show up and will give an indication to NBA/external audiences that issue is not about interest in the team per se but about the deadbeat owners.

Last edited:
How about this: we pick a home game with the biggest national exposure, and everyone who wants the team to stay and the Maloofs to sell, we buy tickets and sell the place out. Then just ongoing chants of "sell the kings!" and some post-game rallies? I'll buy 2 tickets. This shows that fans will still show up and will give an indication to NBA/external audiences that issue is not about interest in the team per se but about the deadbeat owners.
Give money to the Maloofs? No, thanks... I have no intention of helping pay their way out of here. As far as I'm concerned, giving them money = subsidizing the team's departure.

We tried before... sell the place out to show our support. I'm sure the Maloofs laughed all the way to the bank. Then blew the arena deal the next day.

Now, a rally OUTSIDE the arena on a nationally televised day, where more people are outside the arena than attending the game would really be awesome. We just need to do it using public transportation so they don't get any money from the parking fees.

L

LWP777

Give money to the Maloofs? No, thanks... I have no intention of helping pay their way out of here. As far as I'm concerned, giving them money = subsidizing the team's departure.

We tried before... sell the place out to show our support. I'm sure the Maloofs laughed all the way to the bank. Then blew the arena deal the next day.

Now, a rally OUTSIDE the arena on a nationally televised day, where more people are outside the arena than attending the game would really be awesome. We just need to do it using public transportation so they don't get any money from the parking fees.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. No chance I'd ever spend a nickel on the Maloofs' "entertainment." Heck, I've even been offered tickets to games for free and I have no desire. Until they put a team on the floor that is even a tiny bit fun to watch I'm never giving them anything again.

My letter to Maloofs-

I am unhappy with your actions this year adnd last. I know the only way we can keep the Kings in Sacramento is to continue to support the team financially. I continue to do that and will as long as necessary. You need money to stay and a financially sound team in order sell at any advantage. Keep on improving the team and keep them in town.
Sincerely, a Kings fan.

Last edited:

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden

Only problem with that suggestion is the team got pissed, mocked the owner then went on to make the playoffs with the existing squad. They had a leader. Kings don't. They had passion. Kings don't. Otherwise.........