Deadline Deals

Mario Hezonja has been playing better of late and at 22 has a lot of growth ahead of him. The magic are shopping him and he would be a good solid addition along with Jackson at the 3

Better off just waiting for the off season.
bring him in now if you can get him. Orlando is resigned to letting him go since they didnt pick up his option and we have always wanted him. If you can get him on the cheap, you bring him in and stick him next to Bog, showcase him young team he can grow with and off you go.

bring him in now if you can get him. Orlando is resigned to letting him go since they didnt pick up his option and we have always wanted him. If you can get him on the cheap, you bring him in and stick him next to Bog, showcase him young team he can grow with and off you go.
I think the rule is that we can only offer him $5million, how much his option is worth.

Kings should've just traded Malachi and a future 2nd for Hezonja.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I just truly hope the Kings do something. And something that isn't stupid. (Aka, trading old guys) I'm having a really hard time being a Kings fan now. I don't like some players. Some players make no sense here.

Honestly if nothing happens, I'm likely done for the season. Maybe absense will make my heart grown fonder. But "The Trade" of last year has really given me a black heart when it comes to this team. It's sad... but it is what it is. I can't force myself to pretend to like some players. It will never happen.

I just truly hope the Kings do something. And something that isn't stupid. (Aka, trading old guys) I'm having a really hard time being a Kings fan now. I don't like some players. Some players make no sense here.

Honestly if nothing happens, I'm likely done for the season. Maybe absense will make my heart grown fonder. But "The Trade" of last year has really given me a black heart when it comes to this team. It's sad... but it is what it is. I can't force myself to pretend to like some players. It will never happen.
I understand how some feel about the trade, but if Cousins had health issues here after signing a supermax extension, the team would’ve been turkey for half a decade.

But yeah, fresh blood needs to be introduced

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Harkless is another guy I've been pushing for since he was drafted. His offense comes and goes but he's consistently effective as a defender with the added bonus that he can play either forward position. As a salary dump in exchange for an expiring contract veteran I'd take him in a second. If they want to throw in a pick of some kind since we'd be saving them a fortune in potential luxury tax penalties, even better. Let's get Stanley Johnson too while we're at it and we'd suddenly be aflush with rangy wing defenders to complement our sharpshooting 2-guards. :D

Wow the Cavs are a train wreck right now. They just got rolled over after being up big early to Orlando which are not really a great team. They coach said he did not feel well and went to the locker room before halftime.

Just maybe they will have a fire sale in the next 48 hours? I think they need a new point guard and a new center!

Wow the Cavs are a train wreck right now. They just got rolled over after being up big early to Orlando which are not really a great team. They coach said he did not feel well and went to the locker room before halftime.

Just maybe they will have a fire sale in the next 48 hours? I think they need a new point guard and a new center!
I think there is a lot more chance that they blow it all up and dump salaries if they can. They are not going to take on long term deals since they are certain LeBron won't be back.

I would laugh hard if Cavs traded LeBron to Atlanta or something like that :D

I felt the same way, but about Cousins. So although we're on opposite sides of the fence, I can tell you that hope is always over the horizon :)

I think there is a lot more chance that they blow it all up and dump salaries if they can. They are not going to take on long term deals since they are certain LeBron won't be back.

I would laugh hard if Cavs traded LeBron to Atlanta or something like that :D
Would it be in any way possible for a trade involving LeBron for Cousins? Sort of makes sense if Cavs are resettimg

So it says we’re looking into Mo Harkless that a great move 3D guy that’s only 24

Harkless-Leonard
For
KK and Richardson
Who says we're looking into Harkless?

I saw an article the other day that said we had interest in Harkless in the past but it didn't say we currently did.

I personally would be okay if the FO did absolutely nothing at the deadline. If they can move any vets for some assets, I'll be happy, but honestly, I don't think any of our vets have a huge market (Temple and Kosta would probably generate some interest, but with both having player option next season, teams are not sure how long they'll be getting them for, and won't give up too much).

I won't mind some of the youngsters being traded (Malachai in particular, since he seems to have pretty much fallen out of rotation, and I don't see him getting major minutes going forward either). That said, the kids we would be willing to trade have very little value right now, and we would be selling low. Then why bother at all?

One thought that I had was that next year, we could potentially have 14 players on the roster before we sign any of our picks. Of course, lot of time left. There's not only this deadline, but also the summer when some moves will certainly be made. However, I don't think we can be certain that Kosta and/or Temple will choose to be FAs. Then we have 14 players, and will need to create a space just to sign our picks.

I know I'm being stupid thinking about that time, when we don't even know how the roster might change even within the next 48 hours, but too much useless time on hand today :)

Personally, the player I would like Vlade to target is Paul George, particularly if we don't pick Doncic.

He's one of the best players at the position we are weakest at, is old and accomplished enough to be the leader of a young team, and young enough to grow with the team for several years. If Fox and this year's pick develop into all star level players, with George, we'll have 3 potential all stars on the rosters. Add a smattering of other players, Bogie, Buddy, Giles (another potential stud, if the FO is to be believed), Mason, one or both of Skal/Papa, and we might have the tools to compete for years.

I purposely didn't include Willie. I don't think George (or any other tier 1 FA) signs with us this year (cap space will also be a factor. We might be able to create it, but costs could be high). We'll need to acquire him via trade. If he feels we have a better shot going forward, he might be willing to come over. If so, we'll need to give up Willie (and likely more, but we can give them some relief, if we can trade Hill's contract, which has a low buyout, so hopefully not too much more).

Pretty big leap of faith to suggest a player leave a team currently with 31 wins to join a team currently at 17. I do think though that the Thunder need at least one other major player to compete with GSW and Rockets, but lack the assets to acquire them. If the dominos (ping pong balls really) fall correctly for us, and we don't screw up, we could have one of the more promising futures in the league, something that will be attractive to FAs.

I understand how some feel about the trade, but if Cousins had health issues here after signing a supermax extension, the team would’ve been turkey for half a decade.

But yeah, fresh blood needs to be introduced
Love DMC, and hated that he was traded, but we would have been where we were if the trade hadn't taken place; struggling for the final PO spot in the West, missing out more often than squeezing through.

I know we all feel we got robbed in that trade (we did, even I think so, and have said earlier), but our unique draft situation made the trade better. The trade effectively netted us Fox, Buddy, Justin, and Giles, plus a higher pick this year. How these guys grow over time will validate the trade or otherwise, but this is not a bad haul for a team that was destined to be stuck in mediocrity for years together, with a great all NBA level player, but with little talent around him.

Personally, the player I would like Vlade to target is Paul George, particularly if we don't pick Doncic.

He's one of the best players at the position we are weakest at, is old and accomplished enough to be the leader of a young team, and young enough to grow with the team for several years. If Fox and this year's pick develop into all star level players, with George, we'll have 3 potential all stars on the rosters. Add a smattering of other players, Bogie, Buddy, Giles (another potential stud, if the FO is to be believed), Mason, one or both of Skal/Papa, and we might have the tools to compete for years.

I purposely didn't include Willie. I don't think George (or any other tier 1 FA) signs with us this year (cap space will also be a factor. We might be able to create it, but costs could be high). We'll need to acquire him via trade. If he feels we have a better shot going forward, he might be willing to come over. If so, we'll need to give up Willie (and likely more, but we can give them some relief, if we can trade Hill's contract, which has a low buyout, so hopefully not too much more).

Pretty big leap of faith to suggest a player leave a team currently with 31 wins to join a team currently at 17. I do think though that the Thunder need at least one other major player to compete with GSW and Rockets, but lack the assets to acquire them. If the dominos (ping pong balls really) fall correctly for us, and we don't screw up, we could have one of the more promising futures in the league, something that will be attractive to FAs.
We have 0 shot at resigning Paul George. He's about to be 28yearsold and in his prime. He wants to play for a contending team, and that's not Sacramento. We are a rebuilding team that would only have 2-3 pieces around him. Let's say he chases the money vs. contending, he could easily go to a more desirable market like LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, or even Atlanta.

Trading for him doesn't make any sense because there's less than 1% chance he'd resign. There's no reason for him to consider resigning in Sacramento. He was unhappy in Indiana, so I would assume the same here. Plus, we're still the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA. That label is not changing anytime soon until we make the playoffs.

We have 0 shot at resigning Paul George. He's about to be 28yearsold and in his prime. He wants to play for a contending team, and that's not Sacramento. We are a rebuilding team that would only have 2-3 pieces around him. Let's say he chases the money vs. contending, he could easily go to a more desirable market like LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, or even Atlanta.

Trading for him doesn't make any sense because there's less than 1% chance he'd resign. There's no reason for him to consider resigning in Sacramento. He was unhappy in Indiana, so I would assume the same here. Plus, we're still the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA. That label is not changing anytime soon until we make the playoffs.
He won't sign with us right away. In fact I specifically wrote that he or any other tier 1 FA won't sign with us right now. Which is why I said that we have to appear as having a strong future , and be a contender year after year. As I said, it's tough to see us that way when we currently have 17 wins, but we have a promising roster. Too many things need to go right, but if some of the big ones do (particularly this year's draft, and hopefully Giles living up to the hype) we'll be one of the few teams that will be able to give up assets to get someone like George, and still put major pieces around him.

I would argue that Phoenix are by far the most disfunctional franchise in the NBA but agree with the rest of the post. No chance we can get or keep PG13.

I would argue that Phoenix are by far the most disfunctional franchise in the NBA but agree with the rest of the post. No chance we can get or keep PG13.
I think my post was not clear. I'm not suggesting we can get him now, or even next year. We have to prove ourselves worthy of interest of FAs (or stars looking to change teams). Being in the hunt for playoffs, showing serious improvements from some young guys, and having some potential stars will go a long way in doing that. I don't think we make the playoffs next year, but if we can be in the hunt for most of the season, we'll draw interest. If things go well, the summer of 2019 could be interesting. We'll have a large expiring contract of Hill, which can give teams immediate relief (unlike most other trades), and tons of kids (10 players currently on rookie contracts, plus two from this year), to not only sweeten the deal for a trade, but also keep a strong core together to interest a star.

More sellers than buyers it looks like so far.

If things do heat up, decent chance it's for a whole lot less than the sellers thought they could get.
I agree. I think it might be wishful to expect even a late first for Hill when that’s what Tyreke will probably fetch

Man, I just want one new prospect on the roster to spice up this monotony

bajaden

Hall of Famer

I never presume to know what's in the mind of a player. That said, I do think it's unlikely that he would resign with us. I think I would have to have some discussions with his agent first. His age is probably more of an issue for him than for us. I think this team is capable of making a little noise next season, and with the addition of George, we might even make the playoffs. But, I think that's more of a pipe dream than anything else. We do have a slight need at SF though...;)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I agree. I think it might be wishful to expect even a late first for Hill when that’s what Tyreke will probably fetch

Man, I just want one new prospect on the roster to spice up this monotony
I think a late first is reasonable for Hill. Depends on the team and the need of course, but Hill is still highly regarded around the league.