Deadline Deals

This would be a difficult trade proposal. If they're trading Gordon, it means they're going to blow it up and start from scratch. Let's take a look at center pieces for the deal. I don't think Bogdan(25 yearsold), WCS (24yearsold), and Buddy (24yearsold) would be enticing to them at all. Yes they're only 1st/2nd/3rd year players, but they're old. They want a young player for their rebuild. GOOD young players. So no, they won't take on guys like Papagiannis, Malachi, Jackson, or Mason unless they were filler. Gordon is only 22yearsold, doesn't turn 23 until September. lol he's younger than 3/5 of our rookies this year.

So then you take a look at everybody else on the roster:
1. DeAaron Fox
2. Skal Labissiere
3. Harry Giles
4. 2018 1st round pick

1. Fox, this could be very interesting. If we trade Fox, then it means we don't include our draft pick. I think Orlando would pull the trigger if Fox+filler player was offered. If the Kings did this trade, then we could look to draft a PG without our 1st round pick. Trae Young, Collin Sexton, even Luka Doncic.

2. Labissiere, he himself would not be enough. He's only 6months younger than Gordon, but he's a gigantic raw project. He can't do anything in the NBA right now except shoot mid-range shots. His value is not high. He's a boom or bust prospect who hasn't shown any improvements in year 2. If we traded Skal, then Buddy/Bogdan/WCS in addition to one of our filler players would need to be attached. Don't think Orlando would pull the trigger.

3. Giles, I seriously doubt Orlando has him high at all. Unless the talks about him being CWebb-lite are legitimate, he has no value. If what we've heard are true, then I could see Orlando coming to take a look at him(if legal) and doing their own medical evaluations. If he has that type of potential, we'd still need include Buddy/Bogdan/WCS, and maybe someone like Papagiannis who's the youngest filler. Don't think Orlando would pull the trigger.

4. 2018 1st round pick. This pick likely ends up 3-8 if we traded for Gordon. Is a pick in this range worth Gordon? Yes it is. However, does trading a top 5 pick make sense for the Kings(if we just kept it)? Not sure. Gordon will be a max player compared to the player who will be on a rookie scale. However, Gordon is only 22yearsold. (edit: forgot that the Kings are trading away their 2019 1st rounder LOL. well, unless we get another 1st round pick through trade, we can't touch the 1st rounder until draft)

Last edited:
I like Buddy, pure shooters like him always have a spot on my team. He's not perfect of course but this is only year 2.
We wouldn't be getting Gordon for free though. Skal is not good. He's actually only 6months younger than Gordon who's already established himself as a good player and potential franchise player. You would need to include Buddy or WCS. Although I'm not sure Orlando would take the deal. Buddy and WCS don't make much sense for them because if they trade Gordon, it means they're blowing it up. Both of those players are 24yearsold which is old for "young" players.

This would be a difficult trade proposal. If they're trading Gordon, it means they're going to blow it up and start from scratch. Let's take a look at center pieces for the deal. I don't think Bogdan(25 yearsold), WCS (24yearsold), and Buddy (24yearsold) would be enticing to them at all. Yes they're only 1st/2nd/3rd year players, but they're old. They want a young player for their rebuild. GOOD young players. So no, they won't take on guys like Papagiannis, Malachi, Jackson, or Mason unless they were filler. Gordon is only 22yearsold, doesn't turn 23 until September. lol he's younger than 3/5 of our rookies this year.

1. DeAaron Fox
2. Skal Labissiere
3. Harry Giles
4. 2017 1st round pick

1. Fox, this could be very interesting. If we trade Fox, then it means we don't include our draft pick. I think Orlando would pull the trigger if Fox+filler player was offered. If the Kings did this trade, then we could look to draft a PG without our 1st round pick. Trae Young, Collin Sexton, even Luka Doncic.

2. Labissiere, he himself would not be enough. He's only 6months younger than Gordon, but he's a gigantic raw project. He can't do anything in the NBA right now except shoot mid-range shots. His value is not high. He's a boom or bust prospect who hasn't shown any improvements in year 2. If we traded Skal, then Buddy/Bogdan/WCS in addition to one of our filler players would need to be attached. Don't think Orlando would pull the trigger.

3. Giles, I seriously doubt Orlando has him high at all. Unless the talks about him being CWebb-lite are legitimate, he has no value. If what we've heard are true, then I could see Orlando coming to take a look at him(if legal) and doing their own medical evaluations. If he has that type of potential, we'd still need include Buddy/Bogdan/WCS, and maybe someone like Papagiannis who's the youngest filler. Don't think Orlando would pull the trigger.

4. 2017 1st round pick. This pick likely ends up 3-8 if we traded for Gordon. Is a pick in this range worth Gordon? Yes it is. However, does trading a top 5 pick make sense for the Kings(if we just kept it)? Not sure. Gordon will be a max player compared to the player who will be on a rookie scale. However, Gordon is only 22yearsold.
I generally agree with you. We should not overvalue our own players.

However, as always, it all depends on how Orlando's FO values our players and not so much what the general consensus is . Since it's Hammond who is running things (he drafted Giannis), I could see them being higher on Wcs or Skal than other teams. And yes, Gordon is younger than Wcs/Hield but he is also up for a big pay day. Wcs and Buddy are older, but they are still cost controlled for longer.
If they have their eyes on MPJ in the draft (another Hammond type) to pair with Isaac, it suddenly makes sense to cash in on Gordon before he gets payed and increase talent at other positions... Center or shooting guard maybe? I know a team in Northern California that has a lot of those :p

1. DeAaron Fox
2. Skal Labissiere
3. Harry Giles
4. 2017 1st round pick

4. 2017 1st round pick. This pick likely ends up 3-8 if we traded for Gordon. Is a pick in this range worth Gordon? Yes it is. However, does trading a top 5 pick make sense for the Kings(if we just kept it)? Not sure. Gordon will be a max player compared to the player who will be on a rookie scale. However, Gordon is only 22yearsold.
I don't think Gordon is worth our first round pick. We're looking for a guy that can change the franchise with this pick and Gordon isn't that type of player. If he was, then the Magic wouldn't be looking to trade him. To me, he's an empty stat guy up until this point. He's still young so he obviously has room to improve and could be on the verge of breaking out but I'd rather take my chances in a deep draft with a kid who could be equally as good but cost about 5x less.

I don't think Gordon is worth our first round pick. We're looking for a guy that can change the franchise with this pick and Gordon isn't that type of player. If he was, then the Magic wouldn't be looking to trade him. To me, he's an empty stat guy up until this point. He's still young so he obviously has room to improve and could be on the verge of breaking out but I'd rather take my chances in a deep draft with a kid who could be equally as good but cost about 5x less.
I've watched a fair amount of Orlando games, and I don't think he's an empty stats player at all. He's made major improvements every year in the league. Just look at his points/rebounds improvements: 5.2/3.6 ---> 9.2/6.5 ---> 12.7/5.1 ---> 18.4/8.3.

I didn't understand the initial Aaron Gordon hype at all by Orlando fans last year. They saw him as a future AS, and I thought it was insane for a guy only posting up 13ppg and 5rebs. Then I watched him this year and saw growth in all major areas. Just because Orlando is a bad team, it doesn't mean he's putting up empty stats. Remember lots of people had the same argument about Cousins in his first 4years.

I think Gordon could be a franchise player. It's rare that you have a player who's young, good, and full of talent available for trades. I think there's a common misconception with Gordon. Not saying that you have it, but like LaVine, lots of people expect him to be a bad player who just dunks. Not the case at all. He's a 6'9 PF that can do some of everything.

30pt game, shows you all the things he can do in the half-court.

39pt game, shows you all the things he can do in transition.

He’s a tweener with a negative RPM, who doesn’t protect the rim, playmaker well who is about to get paid to a contract it’s questionable he’s worth. Did I see Fox mentioned in a trade for him?
Wait what?
Ehm no, he is a modern day full time PF that could even play small ball center in the playoffs and would unleash hell for other defenses while switching everything himself defensively. Put 4 shooters around him and use him as the roll man in high pick and roll with a dynamic guard and I dont see how you stop this.

Wait what?
Ehm no, he is a modern day full time PF that could even play small ball center in the playoffs and would unleash hell for other defenses while switching everything himself defensively. Put 4 shooters around him and use him as the roll man in high pick and roll with a dynamic guard and I dont see how you stop this.
According to your version of the modern PF.

Giving him the max would be questionable. Discussing Fox or our 2018 pick and giving him the max..

Dont you **** this up Vlade and bring in god dam Shump and Frye - two guys who do nothing for us for Hill.

We make trades to better ourselves, we have a commodity in Hill dont just give him away for nothing that we need

He’s a tweener with a negative RPM, who doesn’t protect the rim, playmaker well who is about to get paid to a contract it’s questionable he’s worth. Did I see Fox mentioned in a trade for him?
How is being a "tweener" bad in modern NBA? I'd argue that he's not a tweener anymore. He can guard PFs just fine. RPM is a dumb stat. You do know that Fox has the worst RPM for any player playing over 20mins a game right? Does that mean he's a bad player? No.

I'd flip the 2018 pick for Gordon in a heartbeat. Especially considering the fact we're probably going to end up closer to 5 rather than 1.

Dude is flat out a stud on both ends and is exactly the kind of player you want at PF in today's NBA. Was always a huge fan of him at Arizona and his effort level; he's now added a total all-around game to match his energy. The Magic finally stopped screwing around with playing him on the perimeter and it's totally unlocked his game. Also think he's a guy who can be unleashed even more getting away from Orlando's completely dysfunctional franchise. He's pretty much what you'd want MPJ to be at this level and the fact that he's still just 22 and has A LOT of room to grow is a major plus. It's not like this is the final form of Gordon by any means.

But him and WCS could switch everything on defense, we'd have insanely good athleticism in the starting 5 AND Gordon is just starting to develop as a playmaker too.

So that'd leave:

Fox
Bogdan || Buddy
??? || JJ
Gordon || Skal
WCS

I mean yeah, that's a core i'd believe in. Tons of two-way upside, doesn't struggle in any area, lots of playmaking, TONS of athleticism and length.

Last edited:
It depends on if you think he could be a STAR. I would like to take a swing at Bagley/Bridges/Bamba ect ect. Besides to be realistic it would take our 1st and we can't trade it anyways.

1. DeAaron Fox
2. Skal Labissiere
3. Harry Giles
4. 2018 1st round pick

4. 2018 1st round pick. This pick likely ends up 3-8 if we traded for Gordon. Is a pick in this range worth Gordon? Yes it is. However, does trading a top 5 pick make sense for the Kings(if we just kept it)? Not sure. Gordon will be a max player compared to the player who will be on a rookie scale. However, Gordon is only 22yearsold. (edit: forgot that the Kings are trading away their 2019 1st rounder LOL. well, unless we get another 1st round pick through trade, we can't touch the 1st rounder until draft)
Yeah! Nah! Kings are not trading Fox for Gordon. Just NO chance!

That’s not even considering that you pretty much have to drop a max on Gordon and the front court of WCS and Gordon would be pretty poor rebounding front court.

Dont you **** this up Vlade and bring in god dam Shump and Frye - two guys who do nothing for us for Hill.

We make trades to better ourselves, we have a commodity in Hill dont just give him away for nothing that we need
Hill is a commodity?! Since when is a 30+ year old PG averaging some 10ppg and 3apg earning $20m a season a commodity?!

Let’s be real if roles were reversed and we were looking to trade for Hill, this board would go into a meltdown.

If we can burn that contract to create max room this offseason then burn that contract please.

Yeah! Nah! Kings are not trading Fox for Gordon. Just NO chance!

That’s not even considering that you pretty much have to drop a max on Gordon and the front court of WCS and Gordon would be pretty poor rebounding front court.
In regards to rebounding, some of the best teams in the league are in the middle of the pack: 13th Golden State and 14th Houston. Surprisingly New Orleans are ranked 17th despite having two elite bits, and another team with some talented players is Minnesota and they ranked 22nd. Look at it another way and three of the top five rebounding teams are lottery teams (Hornets, Lakers, Nets). So while rebounding is important, it's not something we need to be overly dominant on as long as we make up for it in other areas.

Another factor here is whether WCS is part of this team's future long term. If you look at his average stats he doesn't jump out as a dominant big. Even his per 36 stats are fairly lacklustre like averaging around 9 total rebounds and 1 block shot. So there is no guarantee that WCS is seen as the guy to build around at the center position long term, and if he is, then we have to hope he becomes more of a scorer to make up for the lack of rebounding and blocks. We'd also need to find someone to man the PF position to fill that void.

For me, if we could swing a deal that sees us retain at least Fox and our first round pick, then I'd have no major issue with us acquiring Gordon as a piece of the puzzle. He's developing into a decent player at PF and his shooting has improved. I don't see him as a first option, but he could be a second or third option depending on how Fox develops. If we got a star in the draft that could become that first option, or even if as a trio they share the load, it could create a decent trio to build around. But obviously the down side is the max deal that might put us off.

This is the type of trade we need to make if we are making one. Orlando is completely delusional looking to shop him.
Some things to consider:

1. They have a new front office with no ties to Aaron Gordon.

2. He needs paying after this season. Is he worth a max deal? He's improved his all round game but it's debatable whether he will be anything more than a second or third option - at best - on a good team.

3. The new front office drafted Jonathan Isaac. He's a raw high upside player that could play the SF, PF, or C depending on how his transition goes. If he ends up being best suited at PF they might decide to move Gordon to free up that spot for Isaac since Gordon isn't an ideal fit at SF or C.

4. They have been stuck in mediocrity since Howard. They've had four years with Gordon and Payton starting, also Fournier and Vucevic, and they've never really been a factor for the play offs. It would not be a surprise to see a new front office blow it up and get rid of the deadwood and build around a new core. Especially if they decide to try to build a team around a different style of ball - e.g. if they want to mirror the Warriors style.

5. If they are trying to create cap flexibility they might decide to move Payton and Gordon, then move Fournier and Vucevic, to allow them to reshape that roster around Isaac and another high draft pick. They aren't likely to be players in free agency but that cap space allows them the option to try for young players or take on salary dumps for draft picks and/or other talent.

Don't get me wrong I can see why should keep Gordon, but if they don't believe he can be an all star and/or feel they can find better talent, then equally moving on makes sense as well, especially if they are blowing it up.

I'd flip the 2018 pick for Gordon in a heartbeat. Especially considering the fact we're probably going to end up closer to 5 rather than 1.

Dude is flat out a stud on both ends and is exactly the kind of player you want at PF in today's NBA. Was always a huge fan of him at Arizona and his effort level; he's now added a total all-around game to match his energy. The Magic finally stopped screwing around with playing him on the perimeter and it's totally unlocked his game. Also think he's a guy who can be unleashed even more getting away from Orlando's completely dysfunctional franchise. He's pretty much what you'd want MPJ to be at this level and the fact that he's still just 22 and has A LOT of room to grow is a major plus. It's not like this is the final form of Gordon by any means.

But him and WCS could switch everything on defense, we'd have insanely good athleticism in the starting 5 AND Gordon is just starting to develop as a playmaker too.

So that'd leave:

Fox
Bogdan || Buddy
??? || JJ
Gordon || Skal
WCS

I mean yeah, that's a core i'd believe in. Tons of two-way upside, doesn't struggle in any area, lots of playmaking, TONS of athleticism and length.
The interior defense on that would be sickening. AG and WCS don’t play it for their position

Skal/Giles are solid prospects at the 4. WCS IMO is going to have to play much as one to survive. Team has 4s, needs a big

Why would Orlando shop Gordan in the firsy place??? He is a perfect young piece that can be a star but needs more time to get his shot done and develop his game more. Unless there are some big hidden red flags with him doeant make sense them trading away a 22 year old budding star o_O

Why would Orlando shop Gordan in the firsy place??? He is a perfect young piece that can be a star but needs more time to get his shot done and develop his game more. Unless there are some big hidden red flags with him doeant make sense them trading away a 22 year old budding star o_O
This new FO and regime did not draft Gordon. It's just like how the Kings got rid of all the Pete D players. Orlando might want to hit that reset button again. However, I think they're just trying to see what offers Gordon could fetch them. They might not be sold on giving him a max contract.

The interior defense on that would be sickening. AG and WCS don’t play it for their position

Skal/Giles are solid prospects at the 4. WCS IMO is going to have to play much as one to survive. Team has 4s, needs a big
I don't think our interior defense would be a problem. WCS would finally be able to go back to playing his tradition position as a C. Allows him to stay home and be a rim protector. Meanwhile, Gordon would be the guy containing PnRs. I think Gordon has enough strength to be a solid post-defender.

Interior D not a problem. Who are you watching? Kings were outrebounded by 20. Mostly by Zaza Pachulia. You're kidding right?

Skal and Giles are solid Prospects? Really, Have you seen Giles play against NBA competition? Amazing. Skal won't be nothing more than a role player. Kings are far from set at 4.
WCS showed again last night why he's not a starter in the NBA. That Curry play was hilarious. How many times did WCS get burned last night. Lets talk about his strong rebounding. Zaza Pachulia out rebounded him. WCS will never be that good if he can't rebound the ball. That's a fact. A 7 ft player that averages barely 6 boards a game.

I would trade anyone on the Kings roster, except Fox. Gordon is an impact player. That includes Bogi, Hield, Skal, Jackson and any vet they want.

Team Fox up with Gordon and the Kings Top 5 pick this year.

Well, Gordon is the type of “distressed asset” that Sacramento has previously acquired and had thrive in the Kings environment. These new maxes are tricky—we’ll probably see Jabari Parker on the block before the 8th, too. My preference is to horde our rookie contracts and bigs for a run at someone in RFA. There are a couple RFA eligible players I really like that could force a sign and trade to the Kings.

Well, Gordon is the type of “distressed asset” that Sacramento has previously acquired and had thrive in the Kings environment. These new maxes are tricky—we’ll probably see Jabari Parker on the block before the 8th, too. My preference is to horde our rookie contracts and bigs for a run at someone in RFA. There are a couple RFA eligible players I really like that could force a sign and trade to the Kings.
I’d give an arm and a leg for Parker I’d give them WCS/Richardson for him they are searching for an athletic center

Interior D not a problem. Who are you watching? Kings were outrebounded by 20. Mostly by Zaza Pachulia. You're kidding right?

Skal and Giles are solid Prospects? Really, Have you seen Giles play against NBA competition? Amazing. Skal won't be nothing more than a role player. Kings are far from set at 4.
WCS showed again last night why he's not a starter in the NBA. That Curry play was hilarious. How many times did WCS get burned last night. Lets talk about his strong rebounding. Zaza Pachulia out rebounded him. WCS will never be that good if he can't rebound the ball. That's a fact. A 7 ft player that averages barely 6 boards a game.
? I said interior D was a problem, hence why I’m not looking to add Gordon. How do you know he’s an impact player when advanced stats don’t show that? How do you know Skal/Giles/WCS(at 4) aren’t?

We have options at 4, and unless we are counting Koufos, who has been playing well recently, I don’t see the options at 5 where I would like our assets spent. But then personally I don’t think WCS has shown to be a defensive anchor at 5