De'Aaron ≠ All Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth be told, I'm not really impressed with the roster overall on paper, but they're coached pretty solidly.
Their success has always been a surprise to me. Morant is flashy and fun but he’s really not elite at anything else besides being hyper athletic. He’s got skills but nothing that pops out besides that. They also get away with a lot of crap and uncalled stuff. They are fake tough.

Truth be told, I'm not really impressed with the roster overall on paper, but they're coached pretty solidly.
They might out-talent us if we get in a playoff series with them, but I don't think anyone fears them. Wouldn't surprise me to see them flame out again.

The Warriors and Clippers I find way scarier in a post-season run, if they can get out of their own way in the regular season.

Their success has always been a surprise to me. Morant is flashy and fun but he’s really not elite at anything else besides being hyper athletic. He’s got skills but nothing that pops out besides that. They also get away with a lot of crap and uncalled stuff. They are fake tough.
They aren’t fake tough when Steven Adams is in the lineup. And Morant is elite at creating good looks for his teammates (passing).

They aren’t fake tough when Steven Adams is in the lineup. And Morant is elite at creating good looks for his teammates (passing).
Eh maybe yes maybe no. I still feel his style of play isn’t conducive to a long term career and that he gets away with far far more while flopping around and getting calls. Fox would average >30 if he got some of those calls.

edit. Adams is the only one I like on their team. Does his job well. Nothing fancy but does everything right.

Yeah, you can. Cause DeAaron has been better than both (especially with the clutch Q4 gene) AND is leading a team with a better record (which is typically the factor cited against him in the past).

Game, set, match.
You could make a pretty good argument SGA has been better this year. His numbers are better across the board. Honestly he has been one of the best players in the league.

You could make a pretty good argument SGA has been better this year. His numbers are better across the board. Honestly he has been one of the best players in the league.
Really, all of Ja/SGA/Dame/Fox should have been in. The problem was the stupid positions rule that brings in PG and JJJ into the mix when they're just well behind a bunch of guards in the West. And since games played/winning apparently don't matter, Devin Booker and AD also had a far better case than JJJ or PG in my book.

It's just annoying that we were told for years with Boogie and a few seasons with Fox that once we started winning, he'd get the nod. Now that we're here, that apparently doesn't matter anymore.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Not really? According to basketball-reference, LeBron has only played 7 percent of his career minutes at SG, and none since 2020-21. Durant has only played 9 percent of his career minutes at SG, none since 2015-16. Paul George has played 15 percent of his career minutes at SG, 33 percent so far this season. It doesn't seem like an apples to apples comparison to me.
I guess this is really my point though... If he's played 85% of his career minutes at a forward position and 66% of his minutes this season at a forward position and you had to classify him as either a forward or a guard, why would you pick guard? I mean you could call him a guard if he played even 1 minute there but from a logical point of view I feel like that's incorrect when there's a better classification available.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I expected him to be snubbed until word this week started coming in that he was picking up steam.

It's always something and frankly I don't even care at this point as long as he makes it eventually. Still heated Bibby never got the honor frankly - but at least then there were other "winners". When players on losing teams get in it's just horse turd.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Disappointing he didn't make it in, he definitely deserves it.

Dame and SGA are amazing players, but as others have mentioned, when it's a wash you would think coaches would default to record, and let's not forget that Fox has been Mr 4th Quarter for us!

Ah well, I'm hoping he doesn't force the action too much, but I think we'd all like Fox to have a bit of a "revenge tour" post ASB on all these coaches that didn't vote him in! Dude definitely has some 40+ point games in him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Should have known this would happen when Ham didn't confirm his own tweet yesterday!

Gotta say, the love Fox is getting in NBA circles for being snubbed is very nice to see though, I bet there is some way he gets on the team
Really feels like when Dame kept getting left off the All-Star team despite more than meeting the criteria. Once it finally happens, De’Aaron will probably get there a couple of times but until then it’s rough sledding.

Really feels like when Dame kept getting left off the All-Star team despite more than meeting the criteria. Once it finally happens, De’Aaron will probably get there a couple of times but until then it’s rough sledding.
Maybe he and Bibby can sit down and commiserate over all star snubs while they play 2k or something...

Should have got in over Lillard, JJJ (missed time plus fouls out every other game) and Lauri due to team record (Shai is carrying a bad team with plenty of injuries), but than again a lot of Kings fans did think DMC deserved his spots while not winning and putting up numbers. Should have got in for sure no one expected the Kings to be 8-9 games over 500.

Also how on earth is Demar Derozan an All-Star what a joke. JJJ selection is one step above the Jamal Maglorie selection a few years back.

Last edited:
Should have got in over Lillard, JJJ (missed time plus fouls out every other game) and Lauri due to team record (Shai is carrying a bad team with plenty of injuries), but than again a lot of Kings fans did think DMC deserved his spots while not winning and putting up numbers. Should have got in for sure no one expected the Kings to be 8-9 games over 500.

Also how on earth is Demar Derozan an All-Star what a joke. JJJ selection is one step above the Jamal Maglorie selection a few years back.
Yeah, DeRozan over Harden is an interesting choice

Sucks but in the end it doesn't really matter. I don't know about you guys but I don't look back with fondness on the old Kings squad and reminisce about Webber, Peja and Vlade's all star selections. Wins and success are what matters.

De’Aron not making allstar team even as a alternate just makes me SMFH. What a snub. I’m effn furious. If Recee has had their child De’Aron has already won the biggest honor of all. Welcome to fatherhood and congratulations to you and your new family.

Status
Not open for further replies.