De'Aaron ≠ All Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Absolutely ridiculous, especially when you realize the stat keepers in Memphis inflate his stats at a ridiculous rate.
I know that this has become a popular refrain as of late, because a handful of people like to be real loud on social media, and a bunch of other people are predisposed to believe conspiracy theories, but this claim doesn't seem to be supported by video evidence.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Why is Paul George listed as a guard? I can understand Memphis getting 2 All Stars instead of us though because they have a better record. Fox deserves to be there but the way spots are meted out, some teams don't get any and for a team to get two they need to be a top contender or have a ton of name recognition. We're just not there yet and Domas played his way into DeAaron's spot.

Why is Paul George listed as a guard? I can understand Memphis getting 2 All Stars instead of us though because they have a better record. Fox deserves to be there but the way spots are meted out, some teams don't get any and for a team to get two they need to be a top contender or have a ton of name recognition. We're just not there yet and Domas played his way into DeAaron's spot.
Just feels like there’s always going to be a new reason as to why we don’t have two. Fox will likely get in due to injury though, i can see it happening.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Why is Paul George listed as a guard?
I'm guessing it's because, when the Clippers are at full strength, their starting lineup is Mann, George, Leonard, Morris and Zubac. And between George and Leonard, one of them has to be "technically" classified as a guard.

hrdboild

Staff member
I'm guessing it's because, when the Clippers are at full strength, their starting lineup is Mann, George, Leonard, Morris and Zubac. And between George and Leonard, one of them has to be "technically" classified as a guard.
Yeah, I kindof remember this from the two seasons I played fantasy basketball in the distant past. I think it's silly though. If he's always been a SF/PF, that's who he is -- he's just playing out of position now. Heck, in an All Star game he's more likely to play C than G but I suppose it doesn't really matter. I probably won't watch the game anyway.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Yeah, I kindof remember this from the two seasons I played fantasy basketball in the distant past. I think it's silly though. If he's always been a SF/PF, that's who he is -- he's just playing out of position now. Heck, in an All Star game he's more likely to play C than G but I suppose it doesn't really matter. I probably won't watch the game anyway.
I don't think he has always been a SF/PF, though. He's been eligible at SG in fantasy for as long as I can remember. And I'm positive that when he started out in Indiana, he was playing SG until Granger got injured. I think he's always been a SG/SF.

I think he probably should’ve got in over SGA based on the criteria that has kept Fox out in 2020…but even then, the Thunder aren’t as bad as the Kings have been most years. Neither Portland or OKC are bad teams to this point.

he’ll probably be named an all star anyway over the next couple of weeks and being snubbed for real this time might see him going into another gear.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I think he probably should’ve got in over SGA based on the criteria that has kept Fox out in 2020…but even then, the Thunder aren’t as bad as the Kings have been most years. Neither Portland or OKC are bad teams to this point.
Now this has got to be the most legitimately frustrating part: kid is averaging the second highest PPG of his career, on a career-high field goal percentage, and right around his career average in assists, while averaging close to a career-low in turnovers. On top of that, for the first time in his professional career, his numbers are making an impact on winning, and they still say, "Nah."

This sucks so bad. He must have gotten word earlier, as he is listed as Out for tomorrow’s game “for personal reasons.”

Fox had more than earned it, but what really makes the difference is the decisions about who gets aired on national television. If a national audience had been able to see the Kings without having to buy LeaguePass, he would’ve been voted in easily.

hrdboild

Staff member
I don't think he has always been a SF/PF, though. He's been eligible at SG in fantasy for as long as I can remember. And I'm positive that when he started out in Indiana, he was playing SG until Granger got injured. I think he's always been a SG/SF.
Not to be argumentative, but couldn't the same justification be used to list Lebron James or Kevin Durant as guards?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
His wife went into labor
This sucks so bad. He must have gotten word earlier, as he is listed as Out for tomorrow’s game “for personal reasons.”

Fox had more than earned it, but what really makes the difference is the decisions about who gets aired on national television. If a national audience had been able to see the Kings without having to buy LeaguePass, he would’ve been voted in easily.

I really don’t understand why the league cares about filling all star rosters with a certain number of each position. For one thing, all the players go into a pool and get “drafted” to their all star team anyway. Plus, who the heck cares at this point if you run a squad of guards out there. Most regular season games have at least some time where each team has at least 3 guards on the floor if not 4 and a big. And oh, I didn’t mention that all star game play is a travesty of no defense non-sense anyhow (haven’t watched for years and not sure I will this year even with Sabonis). Just put the 12 most deserving guys out there and let them put on their show

His wife went into labor
Yikes…. Good luck to the fox family! Wouldn’t be surprised if he misses more than just the pacer game. If he misses pacers and pelicans, wonder if they just roll the dice and keep him out of the Houston back to back. Would give him a nice break to get right physically.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Dame has had a killer month of January on top of still having plenty of juice in him so that is well deserved. It was always going to be between Fox and Shai and we see that for certain now.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Not to be argumentative, but couldn't the same justification be used to list Lebron James or Kevin Durant as guards?
Not really? According to basketball-reference, LeBron has only played 7 percent of his career minutes at SG, and none since 2020-21. Durant has only played 9 percent of his career minutes at SG, none since 2015-16. Paul George has played 15 percent of his career minutes at SG, 33 percent so far this season. It doesn't seem like an apples to apples comparison to me.

Fox deserved the All-Star nod but the competition is brutal out West.

Respect is a trailing indicator and comes after sustained success on the court. I hope he comes out firing after his break to let the world know what they missed. Keep going Fox!

Status
Not open for further replies.