Daxter Miles Jr? (merged)

WVU fan here. Trying to see if there’s any info on him with the Kings.

There’s rumors he signed a 2 way contract but now we see he’s not on the Vegas roster. Anyone know why? Is he free to join any other team in the future or is his rights still with the Kings?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
WVU fan here. Trying to see if there’s any info on him with the Kings.

There’s rumors he signed a 2 way contract but now we see he’s not on the Vegas roster. Anyone know why? Is he free to join any other team in the future or is his rights still with the Kings?
I saw that rumor, but I'm not sure it was correct. The writer may have found that the Kings put him on their summer league roster and jumped the gun.

That said, I don't know any details, but his absence from Vegas is probably not a good indicator that the Kings still hold his rights.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks. Seemed odd he would get a contract before summer league started. I’m sure it was just bad info.
I hope we do offer him something. I liked him in the California Classic. I've mentioned it elsewhere but there's something about him that intrigues me. If he does end up on our roster, I hope you stick around. :)

WVU Fan Here. Does anyone have any news of Daxter? I saw him play in the Cali Classic and he looked somewhat good and read that he said a two way contract, but then was replaced for the Las Vegas games. Is he still apart of the Kings? If not does anybody no what happened.

Thanks,

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
As best as I can tell, the only original source for Miles signing a two-way was Bob Huggins' personal twitter account, where he claims Miles' agent told him that. Given that Miles did not join the Kings in Las Vegas (no reason ever given that I have seen) I suspect that there was some miscommunication between the agent and Huggins. There is basically 100% radio silence on the whole thing. I suppose we will find out sooner or later, but my best guess is that Miles is not actually signed with the Kings.

It just seems a little confusing. Even if they didn’t sign him to a two way, I thought he at least played well enough to be on the Vegas squad, but idk maybe I’m just bias lol. Thanks for offering your insight:)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yeah, saw him play in Sacramento, and then he suddenly disappeared. Just for the hell of it I checked all the other rosters in Las Vegas and didn't find his name. So not sure what happened. Maybe he signed a contract in Europe. As the Capt said, we'll find out at some point.

It just seems so odd. He and the other two guys were released and that was that lol. Do the Kings currently have any players sign on two way contracts