Dave Joerger...rumors and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
"With Kings monitoring who gets fired don't be surprised to see the team make a play for Terry Stotts is shockingly not retained" Jason Jones on Twitter

ummmm, not sure what to think about this one.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
"With Kings monitoring who gets fired don't be surprised to see the team make a play for Terry Stotts is shockingly not retained" Jason Jones on Twitter

ummmm, not sure what to think about this one.
He might just be noticing what I am -- that a whole bunch of the league's better coaches are all of a sudden getting the axe from front office dipcraps. Stotts and Stevens will be next in line.

If Boston cut Stevens, they'd have a locker room revolt like the Kings got with Malone. There is some question as to whether his system holds up over the long term, but that Boston roster is a half-way point waiting for a star trade.

Stotts may be another thing though. Not sure why Portland would move away from him though. Winning is not job security anymore, so there's no solids.

Bricklayer

If Boston cut Stevens, they'd have a locker room revolt like the Kings got with Malone. There is some question as to whether his system holds up over the long term, but that Boston roster is a half-way point waiting for a star trade.

Stotts may be another thing though. Not sure why Portland would move away from him though. Winning is not job security anymore, so there's no solids.
Stotts is frankly scary, because he's the guy the idiotic league wide joke of a franchise that is the Sacramento Kings always hires. The guy who tries to go win with offense not defense. We NEVER hire the defensive guy. Generation after generation, proving that ignorance is like a disease you pass along. there is such an opportunity here. We can do anything. Which has for 30 years meant we'll almost always do the wrong thing.

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

Maybe things are turning around for us this would be epic I wanted Frank but I rate Dave way higher.

Just watching Dave and his passion on the sideline you can hear him screaming through the TV, when he interviews he's super calm and a very bright guy we should throw all the money in the world at him. If there is ONE flaw he has not really showed the ability to develop young players aside from JaMycal Green I can't think of another Grizzly young player that's got significantly better but that could also be that most the guys they have picked have been crap and are of the L but I feel if I'm going to give a fair assessment I have to bring that potential red flag up.

I'm ALL in for Dave Joeger I think I was the first to bring his name up in the other coaching thread that's how much I wanted him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling Vivek is going hold true to his tech background and to try to get cute and hire someone "NEW" and "INNOVATIVE" like Messina...screw all these dang established coaches that just became available

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
one thing thats certain as a kings fan is to not get too high or too low when it comes to something like this, IMO. I always expect the worse and for all we know Dave can be using the Kings as leverage to go elsewhere, however, money does talk...everything else walks so I don't really see any other reason he would want to come and coach here to be honest. Brand new shiny arena maybe? ooooohhhhhhhh

I don't think we could go wrong with this hire. Quit messing around and do it!
What a conundrum.
Do we wait for another outstanding coach to be cut loose or go with what's in front of us now. If stotts or Stevens are rumored to be on the edge I may just wait a tad longer. I'm with some previous posts, wth is going on with these better than average coaches being cut loose?? Teams have gone mad....

Bricklayer

What a conundrum.
Do we wait for another outstanding coach to be cut loose or go with what's in front of us now. If stotts or Stevens are rumored to be on the edge I may just wait a tad longer. I'm with some previous posts, wth is going on with these better than average coaches being cut loose?? Teams have gone mad....
They aren't people. They aren't.

And a bird in a hand. In particular when the bird is just as fat as the ones in the bush. There's no particular step "up" from Vogel/Joeger in the NBA right now except maybe Pops/Carlisle/Thibs, and they ain't coming.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Joerger over Stotts please.

Hopefully us saying we want to wait is just negotiation posturing.

I'd rather we just skip the hoo haw and ink him.

And Boston is seriously considering firing Stevens? Did we switch owners with them or something? That is about as idiotic as firing. ... well. .. Vogel, or Joerger. ...or Blatt....or Karl. .....

..... j/k on that last one.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
What a conundrum.
We cut Adelman loose using the same lack of logic as these teams seem to be doing. The grass seems to always be greener or with some, the guy has just been there too long which I think is a bat guano line of reasoning.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Stotts was the runner up and the legit coach of the year if you ask me. Blazers will not be letting him go. They're a loyal franchise for the most part. And hopefully we have a hire before they are bounced from the playoffs.

They aren't people. They aren't.

And a bird in a hand. In particular when the bird is just as fat as the ones in the bush. There's no particular step "up" from Vogel/Joeger in the NBA right now except maybe Pops/Carlisle/Thibs, and they ain't coming.
Was about to say the same thing. No point in waiting if joerger is ready to sign. Pop and Kerr aren't going anywhere and the rest aren't that big of a jump up. Sign the guy interested and stop fooling around playing the waiting game for coaches that will or will not get fired

And Boston is seriously considering firing Stevens?
i've seen no reports anywhere online to suggest that this is even a rumor, much less an actual possibility. i don't know if someone here at kf.com was speaking out of turn, but i'd certainly like to see a source. danny ainge doesn't strike me as the impatient or impulsive type. he's got the long game in mind for boston, and brad stevens is too excellent a coach to fire when ainge certainly recognizes that this celtics roster isn't yet talented enough to contend for a championship...

beyond that, i'm definitely on board with the kings' pursuit of dave joeger. vogel would have been my preference, but it remains unclear if he'll interview with sac, and both joeger and vogel pushed their respective teams to overachieve in the face of injuries and overall talent deficiencies. that the kings are even in the conversation for either coach strikes me as a good thing...

i hope vlade plans to be aggressive, though. his search has been really extensive so far, and while other good coaches may yet hit the market, sometimes you just have to strike when you have a legitimate chance of landing a guy like joeger...

Status
Not open for further replies.