Cavs/Bibby With Help

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Because I am stubbornly optimistic, and there seems to have legitimately been interest from the Cavs...:

Premises:
1) Cleveland wants Bibby. Hughes and Jones have not fit, and are problem contracts for them.
2) we are willing to move Bibby, and would trade KT for a box of cheetos. We need cap room and young size on the frontline, as well as a competent replacement for Bibby.
3) Minnesota is still looking to put major players around KG. Jaric, James and Griffin have all been unhappy about their roles.
4) Miami needs PG reinforcements, but does not want to give much up for them.
5) unfortunately Cleveland and Minny are two of the WORST teams for us to deal with, because they are exactly the two teams who have traded away thier #1s for this year. Mayeb we could extract a 2nd or something.

Cavs/Kings/Minny/Miami

--------------------------------------------------

Kings Out ($19.2 mil):
Mike Bibby $12.5 mil
Kenny Thomas $6.7 mil

Kings In ($17.4 mil):
Mike James -- $5.2mil
Anderson Varejao -- 0.9 mil
Eddie Griffin -- $2.7 mil
James Posey -- $6.4 mil (ender)
Scot Pollard -- $2.2 mil (ender)

Cleveland Out ($23.5mil):
Larry Hughes $13.3 mil
Anderson Varejao $0.9 mil
Scot Pollard $2.2mil (ender)
Damon Jones $3.9mil
Ira Newble $3.2mil

Cleveland In ($24.7mil):
Mike Bibby $12.5 mil
Marko Jaric $5.5 mil
Kenny Thomas $6.7mil

-------------------------------------------------

Minny Out ($13.4 mil):
Mike James $5.2 mil
Marko Jaric $5.5 mil
Eddie Griffin $2.7 mil

Minny In ($ 13.3 mil):
Larry Hughes $13.3mil

------------------------------------------------

Miami Out ($6.4mil):
James Posey $6.4mil (ending)

Miami In ($7.0mil):
Damon Jones $3.8mil
Ira Newble $3.2mil

Everybody wins. ;) We get cap room and two young bigs. We liquidate tow ugly contracts, and take back a moderately priced placeholder starter who might be able to turn into a Bobby like 6th man if we find somebody better. Waive Pot and Hart, elt Pollard finish his career here. Cavs get their PG, and get Jaric to replace the length/ball handling of Hughes over at OG, as well as replace Jones PG moments. They do lack a backup center though -- would have to be Gooden or Marshall, and KT/Gooden are tough reboudners but midget PFs. Wolves get a bad contract, but a major player while liquidating three mistakes. KG/Hughes/Davis with Foye at PG and Blount in the middle could get them that #7 or #8 spot. Miami gets back Jones to stablize thier PG position and hit more open threes, and gets a Riley ype scrapper to replace Posey.

I do resent doing all the heavy lifting for Geoff while he gets paid the big bucks, but in this particular case he has my permission to make this happen if he'd like. ;)

P.S. If you really want to get wacky, add in Houston as a 5th team who has pined about gettng James back from afar, send him there instead of to us, and bring back Bonzi on a $2mil contract, an ender (don't think they can move Big Jake again so soon unfortuately unless its one on one, and Deke isn't going anywhere, so would have to be Ward at $1.5mil), and throw in a kid or a pick.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I like it ALL except for bringing Eddie Griffin to the Kings. Sorry, but that makes my stomach turn...

The winner is clearly Minny by removing two bad contracts from the team and giving them a bona fide SG. The Kings basically takes a gamble on Mike James earning his keep and getting rid of KT, which I like.

The loser is the Cavs because they give up Hughes and Varejao and take back two bad contracts. I don't think they'll do it, even for Bibby. If Mike opts out in the summer then the Cavs is screwed.

The Heat is in it for an appearance. They don't need Damon Jones unless Jason Williams is out for the season. Unless I'm mistaken, J-Will is coming back. This trade put the Heat over the cap next season and remove any chance of them re-signing Jason Kapono or sign a replacement for James Posey. But it's possible they decide Kapono is out of their price range anyway and get Damon Jones as a replacement. In which case, they'll want a SF in the deal instead of two PGs. But it's possible they do it.

Because I am stubbornly optimistic, and there seems to have legitimately been interest from the Cavs...:

Premises:
1) Cleveland wants Bibby. Hughes and Jones have not fit, and are problem contracts for them.
2) we are willing to move Bibby, and would trade KT for a box of cheetos. We need cap room and young size on the frontline, as well as a competent replacement for Bibby.
3) Minnesota is still looking to put major players around KG. Jaric, James and Griffin have all been unhappy about their roles.
4) Miami needs PG reinforcements, but does not want to give much up for them.
5) unfortunately Cleveland and Minny are two of the WORST teams for us to deal with, because they are exactly the two teams who have traded away thier #1s for this year. Mayeb we could extract a 2nd or something.

Cavs/Kings/Minny/Miami

Kings Out ($19.2 mil):
Mike Bibby $12.5 mil
Kenny Thomas $6.7 mil

Kings In ($17.4 mil):
Mike James -- $5.2mil
Anderson Varejao -- 0.9 mil
Eddie Griffin -- $2.7 mil
James Posey -- $6.4 mil (ender)
Scot Pollard -- $2.2 mil (ender)

Cleveland Out ($23.5mil):
Larry Hughes $13.3 mil
Anderson Varejao $0.9 mil
Scot Pollard $2.2mil (ender)
Damon Jones $3.9mil
Ira Newble $3.2mil

Cleveland In ($24.7mil):
Mike Bibby $12.5 mil
Marko Jaric $5.5 mil
Kenny Thomas $6.7mil

Minny Out ($13.4 mil):
Mike James $5.2 mil
Marko Jaric $5.5 mil
Eddie Griffin $2.7 mil

Minny In ($ 13.3 mil):
Larry Hughes $13.3mil

------------------------------------------------

Miami Out ($6.4mil):
James Posey $6.4mil (ending)

Miami In ($7.0mil):
Damon Jones $3.8mil
Ira Newble $3.2mil

Everybody wins. ;) We get cap room and two young bigs. We liquidate tow ugly contracts, and take back a moderately priced placeholder starter who might be able to turn into a Bobby like 6th man if we find somebody better. Waive Pot and Hart, elt Pollard finish his career here. Cavs get their PG, and get Jaric to replace the length/ball handling of Hughes over at OG, as well as replace Jones PG moments. They do lack a backup center though -- would have to be Gooden or Marshall, and KT/Gooden are tough reboudners but midget PFs. Wolves get a bad contract, but a major player while liquidating three mistakes. KG/Hughes/Davis with Foye at PG and Blount in the middle could get them that #7 or #8 spot. Miami gets back Jones to stablize thier PG position and hit more open threes, and gets a Riley ype scrapper to replace Posey.

I do resent doing all the heavy lifting for Geoff while he gets paid the big bucks, but in this particular case he has my permission to make this happen if he'd like. ;)

P.S. If you really want to get wacky, add in Houston as a 5th team who has pined about gettng James back from afar, send him there instead of to us, and bring back Bonzi on a $2mil contract, an ender (don't think they can move Big Jake again so soon unfortuately unless its one on one, and Deke isn't going anywhere, so would have to be Ward at $1.5mil), and throw in a kid or a pick.
i can buy all of it except for your initial statement...

;)

I don't think the Cavs even consider moving Varejao to be honest.. From everything I've read, they are only willing to include him for a superstar.. Mike is great and all, but, I don't see them gutting their team for a player who's never even been an All Star..

I do think Mike helps the Cavs alot, but I just don't believe they're going to give up 2 major pieces to their team for him..

If I recall correctly ? The Cavs had a chance for Jaric a couple summers ago, and didn't even make an attempt for him. Just like this past year with Mike James..

I don't think they'll take on those contracts.. Especially Marko's.

I don't think the Cavs even consider moving Varejao to be honest.. From everything I've read, they are only willing to include him for a superstar.. Mike is great and all, but, I don't see them gutting their team for a player who's never even been an All Star..

I do think Mike helps the Cavs alot, but I just don't believe they're going to give up 2 major pieces to their team for him..

If I recall correctly ? The Cavs had a chance for Jaric a couple summers ago, and didn't even make an attempt for him. Just like this past year with Mike James..

I don't think they'll take on those contracts.. Especially Marko's.
they'd love to get rid of larry hughes and anderson varejao isn't even a starter for them. that's not gutting their team.