Carmichael Dave addresses the Yahoo kerfuffle

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't know if Carmichael knows any more than the fans do at this point to be honest. He's a radio personality as far as I know and unless he has some insider information, then it's what we all thought from the jump. It's a random source spewing something out of nothing.

I don't know if Carmichael knows any more than the fans do at this point to be honest. He's a radio personality as far as I know and unless he has some insider information, then it's what we all thought from the jump. It's a random source spewing something out of nothing.

Not me. Don’t ever really talk to anyone with the team or surrounding it. Have built zero relationships over the years. I just fill the time between commercial breaks

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've known Dave for close to 20 years. You keep saying "as far as I know" and, no offense, but it's pretty clear you don't really know what you're talking about. Not sure why you had to take a shot at Dave over this.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I've known Dave for close to 20 years. You keep saying "as far as I know" and, no offense, but it's pretty clear you don't really know what you're talking about. Not sure why you had to take a shot at Dave over this.
Since you know him so well, what kind of sources does he have that are reliable?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don't know if Stephen Hawking knows any more about black holes than anybody who has spent five minutes on Wikipedia does at this point to be honest. He's some sort of scientist guy as far as I know but unless he has some special insight, then it's what we all thought from the jump. It's a random source spewing something out of nothing.

What sources do you have that say he isn't reliable?
+1

Vetted local media guy with numerous contacts built up over years in the profession (and the grassroots movement to the save the franchise) is actually having his credentials questioned.

Unreal.

I don't know if Stephen Hawking knows any more about black holes than anybody who has spent five minutes on Wikipedia does at this point to be honest. He's some sort of scientist guy as far as I know but unless he has some special insight, then it's what we all thought from the jump. It's a random source spewing something out of nothing.
Now this is GOOD.

LMAO.

I still think my theory about the Bagley camp is far and away the most likely scenario. I dare anyone to debunk it. TBH i'm good at reading the tea leaves with this sort of stuff. Nothing I've seen since has dissuaded me from that stance.. It stands to reason.

Even Carmichal here says "I can believe he had a source".. The catalyst to that source is Marvin's camp... Otherwise, I'm supposed to believe the front office out of the blue, on their own volition, is saying Marvin (who's clearly making tons of defensive mistakes) should start over Bjelly? who's fingerprints are all over our wins? C'mon now.

There are obvious layers to the onion beyond whats being reported

If you think back to opening night wasn't there some social media post from Marvin's camp, a gif of him shrugging or something like that? (perhaps in response to not being in the starting lineup?). After seeing this report, I'd say we've got some grounds to establish intent... We don't really need to re-trace all sorts of odd steps to figure that Marvin wants to start over Bjelly, who's someone the Kings aren't nearly as invested in as Marvin... Most players enter the league with little weight to throw around, not Marvin, not here..

I'm telling ya thats why he wanted to get drafted as high as possible while other players were picking and choosing their spots, because he knew he had weight to throw around wherever he landed.... He's young, and probably aware that the clock is ticking much faster for most everyone around him than him, what I mean is he can afford to wait and has MAJOR leverage, I'd say enough to spur on this whole report.....

Bottom-line; Who stands to gain from this? It's Marvin....... It's not the media pointing fingers like Nelson Muntz at the Kings, u gotta have a real victim mindset to believe that.

Last edited:
It's funny how we attack people for unnamed sources but are also ok with folks on the forum making assumptions about what is going on simply from their own intuition, theories and biases. I know, I know. That's what these fan forums are for. But still, the irony....

These last few days show exactly why media writes negative stories. People are way more active in their responses to negative information.

Listening to the Drive. Sounds like it is Brandon Williams. Per his comments, the key word is the Kings "re-structured" FO has been lauded by...

Hmm...bye, Brandon.

Listening to the Drive. Sounds like it is Brandon Williams. Per his comments, the key word is the Kings "re-structured" FO has been lauded by...

Hmm...bye, Brandon.
huh? Because Dave makes a comment that the FO is getting praise around the league for being much better, we are now supposed to assume Williams is the one trying to sabotage....doesn't make a lot of sense.

huh? Because Dave makes a comment that the FO is getting praise around the league for being much better, we are now supposed to assume Williams is the one trying to sabotage....doesn't make a lot of sense.
He didn't name names, but watch his 6 am-ish comments on the issue. The key wording was in how the "restructured" FO has been lauded by the league. Why would that slip in? Someone who wants indirect praise. Who's the newest member of the FO?

His later comments on the issue were much broader. Watch the beta version.

I'd also like to point out that if Marvin played 32mpg and started every game from here on out, many would still be convinced there's nothing to this report.

He didn't name names, but watch his 6 am-ish comments on the issue. The key wording was in how the "restructured" FO has been lauded by the league. Why would that slip in? Someone who wants indirect praise. Who's the newest member of the FO?

Interesting. For what is worth, one of the Cowbell Kingdom guys said on Twitter he saw Williams talk with Haynes. Not sure if that means something or not, however.

I don't understand your point.

When was the FO restructured? What from that was lauded?

I think that is just a simple observation on his part and Dave has been commenting on the increased rep of the front office for a while now. I think you are reading too much into Dave’s general commentary that the front office has obviously been improved over the past couple years, they have a clear plan with and are committed to the coach, and while some players may be upset with playing time that is nothing unusual in an nba locker room.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Since you know him so well, what kind of sources does he have that are reliable?
Just so you know, I had sources inside the Kings organization for a period of time. That was when Petrie was the GM. I no longer have those sources. But if you think I would tell you who, or even give a vague job description of my sources, your out of your freaking mind. Do that, and you no longer have any sources.

By the way, if anyone remembers, none of this ever happened when Petrie was the GM. That's because he ruled the front office with an iron hand. If you leaked anything, you were gone. It went so far as to when he was discussing a trade with another team, the discussion would end if the other team leaked anything about the trade before it was officially agreed upon. As an ex-player, Petrie never wanted a players name floating around in the news before that player was notified by the organization. If the other team leaked, they went on his black list.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
There you go, name dropping again. I know he was a personal friend, but come on. Opps, didn't mean to reveal a source....:p

https://theathletic.com/662849/

According to sources, Joerger has believed since last season that Kings assistant general manager Brandon Williams was on the lookout for a new coach to replace him. Yet Joerger, sources say, is not in danger of being fired anytime soon. Divac, the beloved former King whose hiring in March 2015 was supposed to stabilize this wayward ship, offered his support on Saturday in response to the story. Dave has our full support and confidence,” his statement read. “We continue to work together to develop our young core and compete.”
So, is this much ado about nothing?
Not at all. It’s a genuine disagreement about player development that went public in a most unproductive way. But since we’ve reached this dysfunctional point (again), it’s as good an opportunity as any to offer a well-deserved dissection of the Kings’ power structure and front office.

Williams, who was hired in July 2017 after spending the previous four years with the Philadelphia 76ers as a vice president of basketball administration and general manager of the NBA G-League’s Delaware 87ers, handles most of the day-to-day operations and has seen his power increase over the course of his stay. Divac has final say on player personnel matters, in other words, but Williams has been given all sorts of leeway to make his mark.
He was the driving force behind the training staff overhaul that pushed out longtime trainer Pete Youngman after 25 years in late August (the moves were chronicled in an 1,808-word press release). Williams was and remains a major backer of Bagley, who was taken second overall out of Duke and is off to a strong start (11.9 points, 5.7 rebounds, 1.1 blocks, 22.6 minutes per game) while playing in the reserve role that is now being called into question. And how’s this for tricky office politics that should have been handled internally?

By all accounts, Kolokotronis’ level of influence on both the business and basketball sides is at an all-time high. The same can’t be said for internal morale.
There is a bit more information, but I don't want to post it all because it is behind a paywall. Wowers.